Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Anybody own a Retay Gordion or Masai Mara Turkey?? it’ll be a turkey gun that I’ll also carry for predators in the fall/winter. I really like how lightweight the Retay are.... that’s the main reason I took the mossberg 930 off my list of potentials (weight)

The Franchi Affinity is also on the list .... feel free to recommend others in the same price range

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My only experience with the Turkish made guns was not good. It was a very lightweight Charles Daly 20 gauge pump. Extractor gave away on the third shot. The Franchi would be a lot better gun IMO.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by scottprice
Anybody own a Retay Gordion or Masai Mara Turkey?? it’ll be a turkey gun that I’ll also carry for predators in the fall/winter. I really like how lightweight the Retay are.... that’s the main reason I took the mossberg 930 off my list of potentials (weight)

The Franchi Affinity is also on the list .... feel free to recommend others in the same price range

Didn't you have a thread a month or so ago on buying a shotgun? Dang man, just go get one, if you don't like it, trade it for another one. Sheit, I'll buy one just to see if I might like it.

S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by mirage243

Didn't you have a thread a month or so ago on buying a shotgun? Dang man, just go get one,

Yup....nope

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I

My 17yo son has a Franchi Affinity and it runs like a Rolex. In three years, I don't think its ever failed to cycle a round, in spite of questionable cleaning practices. I'm a huge fan, and would buy one myself in a heartbeat if in the market.

Same, same for my primary hunting partner.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
IC B2

35 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here`s the one that you were looking for last week smile

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-138

Get the Franchi !!

Last edited by 35; 03/30/20.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

Didn't you have a thread a month or so ago on buying a shotgun? Dang man, just go get one,

Yup....nope

Get some wd40 and spray it on your wallet so that you can pry it out of your pocket. All these people wasting time giving great advice and you keep dithering because you're cheap.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Yup....nope

Get some wd40 and spray it on your wallet so that you can pry it out of your pocket. All these people wasting time giving great advice and you keep dithering because you're cheap.

Lol!!!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by UPhiker

Yup....nope

Yep, bingo.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

Didn't you have a thread a month or so ago on buying a shotgun? Dang man, just go get one, if you don't like it, trade it for another one. Sheit, I'll buy one just to see if I might like it.

Scott price and his incessant shotgun threads Is rivaled by JohnW and his boat threads.

Can’t figure if they can’t get permission from mamma or if they’re just irritating tire kickers who never buy anything, just talk talk talk.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by horse1

Scott price and his incessant shotgun threads Is rivaled by JohnW and his boat threads.

Can’t figure if they can’t get permission from mamma or if they’re just irritating tire kickers who never buy anything, just talk talk talk.

Holy Fuqk, you're right. Goes back over a year and a half, couple years ago it was binoculars, and muzzleloaders. Bet his wife beats the sheit out of him, locks him in the closet, and he gets on here and writes about his fantasies.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
#3 son got a Turkish shotgun at the gun show a while back. Yikes! What a disaster. I forget all what was wrong with it. He took it back to the show and sold it to some poor unfortunate at a profit.

SuperCore showed up to Turkey Camp one year with a Turkish 20 GA auto. The bolt shattered on the 3rd shot.

Go get yourself a used WIN 1200 or a Mossy 500 and be done with it.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I've advised against the Turkish guns for many years now - but apparently buyers only see "CHEAP PRICE"!! And then they learn the expensive way... TFF...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I ain’t sorry

35 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BENELLI
+
BERETTA
+
BROWNING =

NO REGRETS

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I ain’t sorry

You're very sorry, just in a different way...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
You buy a Turkish made gun (Stoeger, TR imports, etc.) you DESERVE Turkish “quality”. Next up....... why Taurus handguns are the best! Laughing here😂

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Franchi Affinity should certainly be a top contender. I've also seen some great deals on the Beretta Outlander A300 (under $600) and that would also be an excellent choice.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by shaman
#3 son got a Turkish shotgun at the gun show a while back. Yikes! What a disaster. I forget all what was wrong with it. He took it back to the show and sold it to some poor unfortunate at a profit.

SuperCore showed up to Turkey Camp one year with a Turkish 20 GA auto. The bolt shattered on the 3rd shot.

Go get yourself a used WIN 1200 or a Mossy 500 and be done with it.

So, your son sold a pos to some trusting soul (another guys son) or did he tell the guy the gun was a pos? whistle

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/31/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
A300 didn’t feel as good to me in terms of fit, Affinity is nice though

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,660
Posts18,455,690
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.