Print Thread
Hop To
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

Canadian hospitality is lost on the soon to be ex-'royals'...

how i love this Toronto Sun article

Well, thanks for nothing, Harry and Meghan,

We welcomed you to our shores, gave you the best security money can buy — our Mounties — and you leave without so much as a thank you?

What a couple of self-entitled, spoiled brats.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
1) Who cares?

2) The Karma bus always has an open seat when it comes back around...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
And they moved to Los Angeles the bhuthole of America, no offense Noo Yawk. The nappy-headed Ho was homesick I guess.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
sse;
Good morning to you sir, I hope that taking into account the tough sledding we're all encountering that all of yours and you are as well as can be.

Having had family - both daughters for awhile - live in Victoria on Vancouver Island where the ex royals first moved to, I'd have to say that if I were forced to live in a city anywhere I've been in nearly 6 decades here on this globe, that's my first choice by a long, long shot.

Perhaps I can be forgiven for a shameless plug/rant intermission here sir, but for those who've not been down there, its well worth the trip and should be on some sort of list of relatively safe places to see when this current morass subsides.

While I can't be certain how many full time RCMP constables would have been assigned to them, I'm going to make a semi-educated guess that at minimum there'd have to be 4 on duty, likely around the clock, so if my math is correct that would make at minimum an even baker's dozen as we'd need spares for holidays, illness or time off to see the podiatrist.

Again, this is some rough math here, but starting wage for an RCMP Constable is $53,144 - indeed it's Canadian Loonies we're discussing, but still - and then quickly rises to $86,110 by the 3rd year of service. It would seem reasonable to me that the good constables assigned to high profile protection units likely aren't fresh out of Depot with the taste of Regina water still on their lips, you know?

Now truly the ex-royals would have been contributing to the local economy through house rental, servants, services and the like, but I suspect that they wouldn't have been spending close to $90,000 a month that the security detail would be costing for wages alone. Seeing as we seldom see RCMP either on bicycles or horses anymore, one assumes they'd require some sort of vehicular stipend to get to and from, etc.

Anyway sir, all that mental gymnastic workout is simply to say that in this BC resident's view, the cost/benefit analysis of having ex-royals live in my home province does not, as my accountant wife is often heard to say 'pencil out" wink

As well, I am sufficiently certain that I am not alone in being able to make these basic calculations since it's also been pointed out to me frequently, "I'm not that special!" laugh

Therefore in summary, in hopefully true and typical Canadian fashion, I will wish Harry and Meghan all the best in their future endeavors elsewhere... wink

Do stay well sir.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 03/30/20. Reason: wrong doctor/better sentence?

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Very well done Dwayne.

I truly enjoyed my travels in BC and the hospitality all the natives provided.

IC B2

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by BC30cal
sse;
Good morning to you sir, I hope that taking into account the tough sledding we're all encountering that all of yours and you are as well as can be.

Having had family - both daughters for awhile - live in Victoria on Vancouver Island where the ex royals first moved to, I'd have to say that if I were forced to live in a city anywhere I've been in nearly 6 decades here on this globe, that's my first choice by a long, long shot.

Perhaps I can be forgiven for a shameless plug/rant intermission here sir, but for those who've not been down there, its well worth the trip and should be on some sort of list of relatively safe places to see when this current morass subsides.

While I can't be certain how many full time RCMP constables would have been assigned to them, I'm going to make a semi-educated guess that at minimum there'd have to be 4 on duty, likely around the clock, so if my math is correct that would make at minimum an even baker's dozen as we'd need spares for holidays, illness or time off to see the podiatrist.

Again, this is some rough math here, but starting wage for an RCMP Constable is $53,144 - indeed it's Canadian Loonies we're discussing, but still - and then quickly rises to $86,110 by the 3rd year of service. It would seem reasonable to me that the good constables assigned to high profile protection units likely aren't fresh out of Depot with the taste of Regina water still on their lips, you know?

Now truly the ex-royals would have been contributing to the local economy through house rental, servants, services and the like, but I suspect that they wouldn't have been spending close to $90,000 a month that the security detail would be costing for wages alone. Seeing as we seldom see RCMP either on bicycles or horses anymore, one assumes they'd require some sort of vehicular stipend to get to and from, etc.

Anyway sir, all that mental gymnastic workout is simply to say that in this BC resident's view, the cost/benefit analysis of having ex-royals live in my home province does not, as my accountant wife is often heard to say 'pencil out" wink

As well, I am sufficiently certain that I am not alone in being able to make these basic calculations since it's also been pointed out to me frequently, "I'm not that special!" laugh

Therefore in summary, in hopefully true and typical Canadian fashion, I will wish Harry and Meghan all the best in their future endeavors elsewhere... wink

Do stay well sir.

Dwayne

Here, here...well said.

I have had the chance to visit Victoria...fascinating, exotic, historic, picturesque as I've never seen elsewhere...to this unabashed tourist. Drank it all in along with 'high tea'...before boarding the ferry to Port Angeles.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You can have them back. We'll throw in Justin Bieber

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry respond...bout not paying for their security in LA

Sorry to say, my dear Canadian friends, you're not gonna like hearing this. Maybe you can get them to reimburse...?!

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry said they never had plans to ask the United States government to pay for their personal security amid their reported move to Los Angeles.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
what do they need security for they aint important in the USA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 3,316 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,304
Posts18,468,097
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.