Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I'd love to be able to get an EB but am seriously considering the new ones. The two door looks like it could have used 8-10" in front of the rear wheel, but if the 4 door is equipped to function off-road and not just on the pavement it might get the nod from me. We'll see.

New Bronco reveal!

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

GB2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a 72 with a 302 and 4 speed manual. I swapped in 456 gears with auburn lockers, added power steering and BFG mud terrains. 4" james Duff suspension lift was on it when I bought it.
Was a good off road and hunting rig, but I got real tired of it being a daily driver. I still wish I wouldn't have sold it.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I had a '69 Bronco, which I bought used in 1970. Great vehicle. Only problem I had with it was with soft valve inserts, which were replaced under warranty. I cut the fenders for flares, added a roll bar, bigger tires and wheels, and added aftermarket air conditioning, otherwise it was stock. Used it for hunting, fishing, commuting, off-roading, you name it, the Bronco handled it well. I put over 100,000 miles on it, and sold it when the company I worked for provided a new Ford 4wd pickup for me to drive.
Like everyone else who had one of the early Broncos, I wish I still had it!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a '73 with a 302 and automatic. Wind blue with blue interior, 1" body lift and 31.5x10.5x15 KO2s on bright polished aluminum wheels. I bought it in the fall of '14 from a guy in Fort Collins, it was originally purchased there. I bought it sight unseen, my uncle picked it up and delivered it to a local mechanic shop who put all new dual exhaust and body mounts in it, changed all the fluids belts and hoses and sent me on my way. We hunted elk for a week about 60mi NW of there and then on one of the great days in life, I drove it all the way home to Pierre. Blue bird November day, temps in the 40's. I never passed a gas station without filling, and never did I fail to have a Bronco conversation at one of the gas stations. In Lusk I had a crowd. All nice people.

Just past Hot Springs, the electrical gauge started to go nuts so I pulled into an auto parts store in Rapid City where I had them put an electric meter on it, they said I needed a new regulator so I bought one and borrowed their tools and put it in. The last place I stopped for gas was Philip, it was dark by then and as I came out for the final run home, a fat guy in a Suburban was waiting for me, and he asked, "How much do you want for your bronco?" I laughed and said he'd need to find his own. Rolled in about 14 hours after I left, and it had been one of the great days in life.

I put a new interior in it but my bride got sick that spring and as the kids got older and busier it was a project left undone. I have metal bought and a guy lined up to install and paint this spring, looking forward to that.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bronco fans might dig this...

Dave

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I like his roof rack and spare tire mount.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I adored mine. Very early 289 V8 at midyear introduction. Eventually trimmed the fenders for big wheels tires and flares with air shocks in back and airbags in front. I did split shifting with a trailer starting in low range. when necessary.

My wife was very disappointed with the purchase but accepted and even enjoyed it once I added a soft top for summer, to the hard top for winter and added a propane heater so it was warm when we got in. Clutch type posi front and rear with 3.50 gears. I had a backseat but it was never installed. Front bumper was a 5" channel iron with a trailer hitch front and rear.

The needle valve would sometimes jump off the seat and the carburetor would flood. Rusting was a major issue and I replaced the tail gate once.

The Bronco gave up nothing to a CJ off road and was vastly nicer than a CJ on the highway.

As my wife once said, she figured out why people looked enviously at us off road with the top down; they didn't know it was our only transportation; they thought we had something just as nice for on road at home. Eventually we did.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That's awesome...my wife didn't understand this at all at first either. The first time we went for ice cream with the top off, she turned to me and said, "Ok now I get it."

Her mother still doesn't get it. She looked at the Bronco once and said, "I bet people think you're the poorest lawyer in Pierre." I just laughed, she's well up in her 80's and her filters are shot. Too funny.

I
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I
Haven’t checked this post in a while.... Glad to see some fellow Bronco lovers here!

Just finished mine up this winter after two years.

Here is a couple pics.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6iyS7bAgGSm2KrGs8

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Nice! I really like the color, very period correct.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Super nice LUBR!

I
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I
Thanks guys! I have a newborn baby so I actually love it when my wife tells me to go to the store....only chance I have to drive it.... 😆

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I always wanted a half cab. I still love those old Broncos.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I had 2 Broncos and a rolling chassis. I restored the 68, it had a 302, 4bbl. 3 speed column shift and 410 posi. gears. Blue with a white top. It also had a bench front seat & the rear seat. Sold it on Craigslist to a guy in Florida. The other 72 I had I sold as is. I sold the chassis to the same guy. That was about 5 years ago, I haven't found another one since, seller's remorse.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I think the new bronco should have had a half cab option. I bet they could have sold more than a few of them. My 16 year old daughter saw a Jeep Gladiator for the first time and commented on how they should have built it with a single cab. She's right.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
The guys on my deer lease have one. It’s nice.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I'm not a Ford guy, but still recognize the first gen Bronco as one of the greats. The last few years of them got disc brakes on the the front & the front drive axle went from a Dana 30 to a 44. That in the front, with a 9" in the rear, is greatness, I don't care what brand was on the grill. And, once folks figured out was to fix the steering & front suspension, you could actually drive one at highway speeds. wink

Also a huge fan of others made about the same time, the Scout II, & of course, the first gen Blazer.

The prices all 3 of them bring theses days is proof of their popularity.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Ive got a 67 military one we restored and have a 96 fullsize. Hard to beat a bronco

Attached Images
bfg2.jpg (17.67 KB, 106 downloads)
Last edited by Phoneman; 05/21/20.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Great looking bronco

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Indygncc
Haven’t checked this post in a while.... Glad to see some fellow Bronco lovers here!

Just finished mine up this winter after two years.

Here is a couple pics.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6iyS7bAgGSm2KrGs8

Awesome Bronco!!

Camp is where you make it.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
398 members (280shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1_deuce, 51 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,590
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.