Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
The virus is not wealth sensitive.

The wealthy do have an ability to leave infected areas and spread the virus far and wide across the nation and the world as they travel.

There is nothing political about that. That is just simple fact.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MM879
This thread is a bot seed designed to get people to fight with each other. They try to make the case that a virus is wealth sensitive.

In a sense it is wealth sensitive. Those with lots of disposable income tend to travel more, particuarily to ski areas and if you notice three of the counties mentioned are home to ski areas. These same people are out among lots of other folks socalizing, then they eat out in crowded restaurants and spread the virus into the general population. IMO the counties are being smart in shutting down travel although it is a bit like closing the barn door after the horse is out.
We have one confirmed case in our county, I know the person and thank God I have not had any interaction with him, but a week or so before he came down with it he had been in Sun Valley sking. Now we are seeing folks from Sun Valley starting to come in our area to get away from Blaine county and the epidemic out there it will only be a matter of time before it starts hitting here.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
This thread is a bot seed designed to get people to fight with each other. They try to make the case that a virus is wealth sensitive.
The wealthy move around more than the poor and that's a FACT.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If it wasn't for wealthy skiers and those with expensive 2d homes in the Sun Valley area, the virus likely wouldn't have reached Blaine county yet. The nearest town of any size is Twin Falls, about 80 miles away. I say 'wealthy' skiers because us average skiers can't afford Sun Valley. We go to much cheaper hills.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Got a call from a buddy who is in rental management business and all the vacation rentals are booked and instead of usual vacation goers that book a week at a time they are booking for months at a time.
Our vacation rental season doesn't start for at least two months.
Local paper also had an article, rich people fleeing the cities.
They will be at Cosco stocking up, 14 day quarantine is for the deplorables

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Problem is people are still traveling.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
One problem with Blaine county is that it's so expensive to live there that most of the working people live 50 to 80 miles away in Shoshone or the Twin Falls area. They have to commute every day. That can spread the bug. However, so far it hasn't happened. Shoshone is a very small town and has had only 1 case. Twin Falls county is about 85k and has only 2 known cases so far.

― George Orwell

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
We have a bunch of folks from Washington state driving over here to N Idaho and some driving thru to western Montana. They should be staying home because they're causing issues by not staying put.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by irfubar
Got a call from a buddy who is in rental management business and all the vacation rentals are booked and instead of usual vacation goers that book a week at a time they are booking for months at a time.
Our vacation rental season doesn't start for at least two months.
Local paper also had an article, rich people fleeing the cities.
They will be at Cosco stocking up, 14 day quarantine is for the deplorables

Well Sheit!

Maybe a daily cross burning at either end of Glacier's runway will keep'm on the plane.
Add a few zombies slumming around the waiting area for second tier effect and if that fails light up the parking area with tracers.
..its for the children.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by oldpinecricker
We have a bunch of folks from Washington state driving over here to N Idaho and some driving thru to western Montana. They should be staying home because they're causing issues by not staying put.

You need help dropping some trees over I90 west of you?
I'll bring the chain saw!

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I live in rural upstate NY. A lot of NYC residents own hunting camps and vacation homes in this area. They're all here now and so is the virus. Yippy, we're so glad to have these rich NYC ass holes here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Originally Posted by oldpinecricker

You need help dropping some trees over I90 west of you?
I'll bring the chain saw!

Highway US 2, also!

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Blackheart

That is just not true. In a foreign country the entire plane will be filled with poor people. It is common for labor to commute for months at a time. The same is true for the USA. I take you haven’t been to an airport recently?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Say it ain’t so must be an error. Everything is perfect in Idaho. No darkies, no crime, etc

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

That is just not true. In a foreign country the entire plane will be filled with poor people. It is common for labor to commute for months at a time. The same is true for the USA. I take you haven’t been to an airport recently?
I've only flown once in my life and that was back in the early 90's. Haven't been to an airport since. I'm poor and poor people can't afford to fly dipshyt. We also can't afford second homes or hunting camps or vacations in far away places.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by drover

In a sense it is wealth sensitive. Those with lots of disposable income tend to travel more, particuarily to ski areas and if you notice three of the counties mentioned are home to ski areas. These same people are out among lots of other folks socalizing, then they eat out in crowded restaurants and spread the virus into the general population. IMO the counties are being smart in shutting down travel although it is a bit like closing the barn door after the horse is out.
We have one confirmed case in our county, I know the person and thank God I have not had any interaction with him, but a week or so before he came down with it he had been in Sun Valley sking. Now we are seeing folks from Sun Valley starting to come in our area to get away from Blaine county and the epidemic out there it will only be a matter of time before it starts hitting here.

drover

The case could be made that wealthy people are more healthy. They have the income for medical treatment and all the vaccines. The same argument could be made for their maid from Guatemala. She might have a stronger immune system because of conditions she was raised in. If we followed your logic we would ban the residents from their own homes.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by drover

drover

The case could be made that wealthy people are more healthy. They have the income for medical treatment and all the vaccines. The same argument could be made for their maid from Guatemala. She might have a stronger immune system because of conditions she was raised in. If we followed your logic we would ban the residents from their own homes.

I am not following your line of thinking, particuarily the part about "we would ban the residents from their own homes".

My position is they should follow the recommendations made by the CDC - self isolate at home. Self isolating at home means that you will have less of a chance to contact someone who has, but importantly it also means that if you have been in contact with someone who is a carrier you will not be out spreading it around. Doing this is not rocket science - leaving a county that has a high rate of infection and going to a county that has a low, or no rate, is irresponsible at best.

https://www.domo.com/coronavirus-tracking

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by slumlord
Say it ain’t so must be an error. Everything is perfect in Idaho. No darkies, no crime, etc

This is true..

NEW MEADOWS, Idaho — The Adams County Sheriff's Office is asking for help from the public in finding an attempted murder suspect. The information will help lead to the arrest of William "Bill" Pearle James, who attempted to murder two sheriff's deputies on March 29, according to a press release.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

What the heck is your definition of poor? I have never considered myself poor. But at $60K/year, I sure as hell am not buying airline tickets. Nor buying passes for ski lifts.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A 1 day lift ticket at Sun Valley was as high as $99 this winter depending on the date.

― George Orwell

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,649 guests, and 1,346 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,992
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.