-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The thing about statistical models is that they are only as good as the data that goes into them. Considering the data in this case changes so fast, the “reports” are old news before they’re printed.

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
MSNBC this morning

“The US casualty total could possibly reach 200,000. That’s more than all the US war time casualties, for every war ever fought, doubled.”

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by kroo88
MSNBC this morning

“The US casualty total could possibly reach 200,000. That’s more than all the US war time casualties, for every war ever fought, doubled.”

History is not their strong suit.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
MSNBC this morning

The elite are at it again.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
MSNBC this morning

The elite are at it again.

The 'owners' are at it again. We're the most propgandized people in world history. Pravda ain't even close.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Numbers from “Experts” are all over the map on this stuff

From 3.5 Million Americans will die to 100 to 200K now.

Who do we believe???

Doesn't make a bit of difference. The numbers will sort themselves out. Each individual person will either get it or not. And will die or not.

There is nothing we can do about that period.

If you believe, its all in Gods hands. If you dont. Then its just how the cookie crumbles.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by TX35W
The context for this matters:

60,000 Americans die from the flu every year. About 40,000 die in car accidents, 20,000 die in homocides and 60,000 die from suicide. Meanwhile, 600,000 die from cancer and 650,000 die from heart disease every year.

I think if those numbers were mentioned alongside any projected COVID-19 death rates, it would cause us all to settle down a bit.

Great context. Thanks for posting that.

Nobody knows what the final death tally will be, and nobody is claiming to know. Fauci put out a possible worst-case scenario estimate, is all. This shouldn't be more than a passing blip on anyone's radar.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
No one I know has died from the China virus yet, hopefully it'll remain that way. It's your responsibility to look after you and yours.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MM879
Originally Posted by jorgeI
It's simple really. There are approximately 320 million Americans. Mortality rate is roughly around 1.5%....

You have better check your numbers. The world rate isn't even close.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

THe topic/question is IN the US and not the rest of the world. Numbers for the US are accurate.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
In the USA, Wednesday there were 1000 dead. Saturday night it hit 2000. Might be something to be concerned about.

I'm more concerned about our economy at this point by a wide margin. Gonna be a long cold summer if this drags out another 6 weeks or more, which I think it will.
I'm betting [bleep] gets way worse, Biden gets elected
And a week later it's over.

I got one better for you. After Biden is elected, all of the liberals living in the densely populated cities are now able to work from home and realize its allot safer to live out in the country and there is a mass exodus of liberals into the rural areas and all those red states turn blue.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't leave the house, spray doorknobs with 70 % alcohol and use gloves when handling mail and you should be ok.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by TX35W
The context for this matters:

60,000 Americans die from the flu every year. About 40,000 die in car accidents, 20,000 die in homocides and 60,000 die from suicide. Meanwhile, 600,000 die from cancer and 650,000 die from heart disease every year.

I think if those numbers were mentioned alongside any projected COVID-19 death rates, it would cause us all to settle down a bit.

Great context. Thanks for posting that.

Nobody knows what the final death tally will be, and nobody is claiming to know. Fauci put out a possible worst-case scenario estimate, is all. This shouldn't be more than a passing blip on anyone's radar.

Thanks Doc for offering your perspective and thoughts! It’s comforting to hear from someone with your experience and knowledge and a voice of reason amidst all this damn chaos.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
In the USA, Wednesday there were 1000 dead. Saturday night it hit 2000. Might be something to be concerned about.

I'm more concerned about our economy at this point by a wide margin. Gonna be a long cold summer if this drags out another 6 weeks or more, which I think it will.
I'm betting [bleep] gets way worse, Biden gets elected
And a week later it's over.

I got one better for you. After Biden is elected, all of the liberals living in the densely populated cities are now able to work from home and realize its allot safer to live out in the country and there is a mass exodus of liberals into the rural areas and all those red states turn blue.

Trump said this morning that if “Sleeping Joe” was President that he wouldn’t have a Fuqking clue about what was going on.
Of course, I’m paraphrasing. 😜

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/img]

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by MM879
It's simple really. There are approximately 320 million Americans. Mortality rate is roughly around 1.5%....

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

THe topic/question is IN the US and not the rest of the world. Numbers for the US are accurate.

You are saying 4.8 million Americans will die from Covid?

That thought is asinine and irresponsible.

It's really not that simple. The numbers are incomplete due to lack of testing and presentation. Any 'simple math' prediction model is incomplete and flawed at this time. The number of cases is unknown, as is the cause of death - any respiratory distress will be COVID to fit the panic narrative.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The death rate is also a function of the number of ICU beds per 100,000, Germany has 34, Italy has 8. It's not just the beds, but the number of highly trained ICU nurses, as well . That is why flattening the curve is so important. It will not decrease the total number of cases, only spread them out over time. Any reloader will understand that. Area under the curve. We as a society will get through this, look at the % numbers of the Spanish Flu, which came from Kanas BTW. Though many of us old pharts might not, we may not rate an ICU bed. If after 18 month I'm still around, the Good Lord is still willing to give me time to repent.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Fauci warns 100–200K Americans could die from virus, but says projections are “moving target” - Axios

“Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said on CNN's "State of the Union" Sunday that models suggest the coronavirus will infect millions of Americans and could kill 100,000–200,000, though he stressed that the projections are "such a moving target."
Why it matters: Fauci has been the coronavirus task force's most outspoken advocate for emergency social distancing measures to stop the spread of the coronavirus, sometimes contradicting President Trump's more optimistic outlook.”

Isn't this what Trump said today? Who you going to believe?

...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't help it. I have a hard time letting go of the.place this once was.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 16bore
The thing about statistical models is that they are only as good as the data that goes into them. Considering the data in this case changes so fast, the “reports” are old news before they’re printed.

The data going in is f.ucked

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Agreed.

The U.S. hit another one of several grim and sad milestones today: Health officials announced the 3,000th coronavirus-related death in the country, with about 900 from New York City alone, according to data from Johns Hopkins University....

We need to do our part in flattening the curve and by following all CDC, WHO and State and Local Health Officer guidelines.

Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

530 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 42 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,234
Posts18,447,765
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.