-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I recently traded into a pretty nice Browning Citori Feather XS in 20 gauge. It has the 28" ported barrels. Has some misc. handling marks in the wood but nothing objectionable in my opinion. Has a mid bead but is missing the element for the front hi-viz sight. Only has 2 Invector Plus chokes.

It's a great looking shotgun and handles really nicely, but I don't really have a need for a 20 gauge since I primarily do targets with the odd duck or goose hunt. Expired auctions on Gunbroker didn't turn up much and I haven't found any for sale to give a reference price. Though I don't know if I'll sell it, what is a fair value? I can try to take some pics later today if it would be helpful.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
About a grand or a little more.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The gun is kind of an odd duck which isn't helpful in selling. The pluses are it is a lightweight alloy reciever with 28" barrels which makes for a decent field gun. The ported barrels tend to work against it as many do not like them on field guns.

Some like ported barrels for competition but those users tend to prefer 30" or even longer barrels. Many also prefer the extra weight of a steel reciever.

Missing a choke tube may not be a deal breaker but it is something that may affect the "curb appeal" of the gun. Same for the missing front fiber optic. The handling marks is an unknown as some buyers are more picky than others.

I personally would try $1500 as one can always come down. This is probably the top end on price based on how I picture your description.This price suggestion is especially so as you do not seem to be in a hurry to sell. If you wanted a quickish sale, $1200-1300 would probably be a good pick.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, gents, I appreciate the input. Literature I've found indicates they shipped with 3 chokes; this one has a Modified and Improved Cyl, I assume the 3rd would have been a Full. Not hard to locate. I'm trying to determine which fiber I need for the sight, Browning was closed by the time I tried to call today. These are not the best pics but they're what I had time for:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by SockPuppet; 03/13/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I would contact Hi- Viz rather than Browning regarding the front sight as that is who provided the sight to Browning. Browning will either direct you to them or take a number and get back to you- sometime. Maybe.

If it is anything like my other guns, there would have been a pack with red, orange, green, and chartreuse colored inserts. Naturally, I misplaced mine at some point and needed one later. I found it easier to buy a tape on sight from the store and put one of the extras in the opening.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Papag

Around here I would think this is on the upper end of the going price. It seems sellers have trouble giving O/Us away. That unfortunately ( wink ) has led to a couple of them following me home recently...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Papag
That....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, guys. Looks like I'll have time to consider with the current craziness. I doubt O/Us are in high demand right now.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Thanks, gents, I appreciate the input. Literature I've found indicates they shipped with 3 chokes; this one has a Modified and Improved Cyl, I assume the 3rd would have been a Full. Not hard to locate. I'm trying to determine which fiber I need for the sight, Browning was closed by the time I tried to call today. These are not the best pics but they're what I had time for:

I'm trying to determine which fiber I need for the sight,

The target is your sight, just look down the barrel at your target. If you are looking at anything on your rib you are doing it wrong.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
MCH, I understand that but want it complete if I decide to sell. Figured it's a cheap enough part if I can locate it locally. I hope to find time to take it out later this week or weekend.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
It being there or not being there isn't going to hurt you selling it. Why waste money on it. Let someone else spend the money on it.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hi SockPuppet,
If you are still interested, I can give you a spare fiber optic for your Browning. I have some spares and I will never use the green so, if you want one, pm me and I'll send you one in the mail. Might even have a flush full choke for it but would have to check on that. Good luck with your sale.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 1Longbow, 53 invisible), 2,669 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.