Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Virgin: "Who would want to have sex? It's messy, smelly, wet, and disgusting, with the chance of a horrible disease."

So it is with never-cruisers.

I wouldn't go on one right now because they're all cancelled. I'm hoping that changes before our Norwegian cruise to Alaska for our 50th anniversary this summer. Meanwhile, when this is over, all you never-cruisers will go right back to ball games, car races, concerts, buffet restaurants...

The real reason is that they'd have to go more than 25 miles from where they've lived their entire lives. Some people like travel, others don't. I like travel...

Done plenty of traveling. I love it. I don't need to do it canned.

Word.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Wouldn't have taken one before.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
And yet, you'd happily squeeze in with forty or fifty thousand strangers at a ball game or concert, wouldn't you? Think nothing of palming open the door of the men's room at a truck stop? Happily dig in at a pot luck supper not knowing who made what, in what conditions, and with what ingredients?

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
And yet, you'd happily squeeze in with forty or fifty thousand strangers at a ball game or concert, wouldn't you? Think nothing of palming open the door of the men's room at a truck stop? Happily dig in at a pot luck supper not knowing who made what, in what conditions, and with what ingredients?

To all of your examples and questions:

Yes, before the Co virus and no, since .

In case you missed it, Rocky, there’s a lockdown in effect.

Have a nice cruise.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No, no, no, and no. I avoid all those, as a rule.

But that's not the point. Don't need no cruise ship for any of that, or to get anywhere. Don't need no agency to plan my adventure.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
My dream is to someday go on a cruise every month.

I just think they are great!

You numbnutz obviously have never been on a cruise.
Agreed... We had to cancel the one this April - but just transferred the refund to our cruise next April... Can't wait!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Being shanghaied on a boat with several thousand other people without enough imagination to figure out what to do on their vacation....for a couple weeks....is hardly the same thing as eating some of Mildred's spaghetti hot dish on Sunday. wink

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Being shanghaied on a boat with several thousand other people without enough imagination to figure out what to do on their vacation....for a couple weeks....is hardly the same thing as eating some of Mildred's spaghetti hot dish on Sunday. wink

laugh

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Redneck

Agreed... We had to cancel the one this April - but just transferred the refund to our cruise next April... Can't wait!!

Haha! I was kidding around. I have never been on a cruise..........but there are a lot of things I dont like to do.

People like cruises and thats fine with me! I like Antiques Roadshow. Or at least I did when I had TV.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My point, Old Toot and others, is that even before the current situation, many of you folks react with horror at the mention of cruises, equating them with floating germ factories, while you happily do all the things I describe. "That's not logical, Captain Kirk."

In point of fact, if you'd ever been on one, you know that a cruise ship is no different from a sports venue, a theater, a concert, or top-end restaurants, with one exception: there are darn few gap-toothed mouth breathers at your elbow on a cruise ship.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Rocky, another exception is that I cannot just walk away when I begin to feel claustrophobic.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Haha! I was kidding around. I have never been on a cruise..........but there are a lot of things I dont like to do.

People like cruises and thats fine with me! I like Antiques Roadshow. Or at least I did when I had TV.
laugh I should have known... But you truly should try one some day.. Just be very picky as to which line, where it's going, and WHEN you go... Choose wrong, (ala Carnival) and you'll never set foot on another...

My point, Old Toot and others, is that even before the current situation, many of you folks react with horror at the mention of cruises, equating them with floating germ factories, while you happily do all the things I describe. "That's not logical, Captain Kirk."

In point of fact, if you'd ever been on one, you know that a cruise ship is no different from a sports venue, a theater, a concert, or top-end restaurants, with one exception: there are darn few gap-toothed mouth breathers at your elbow on a cruise ship.
Very good post... Kudos..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Ain’t horror, Rocky. It’s simple logic.

You can exit any other venue that you’ve mentioned and at any time. Period.

Tell ya what, Mi Amigo, go tell that to the folks that are in holding on 10 cruise ships now offshore idling and the other 5 now in ports that can’t disembark.

There’s no rational comparison to those that you’ve made. Maybe it’s just me and apologies if I’m wrong.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I live in a rural area.I moved here 40 years ago to get away from people. Can't see any reason to go on a floating hotel with 3000 other people.I probably only know 10-15 people I would rather spend anytime with. A pack trip 10-15 miles into a wilderness area seeing 1-2 people suits me better.

What Rocky Raab posted., I don't care or do any of them. He said "In point of fact, if you'd ever been on one, you know that a cruise ship is no different from a sports venue, a theater, a concert, or top-end restaurants, with one exception: there are darn few gap-toothed mouth breathers at your elbow on a cruise ship".

Last edited by saddlesore; 03/31/20.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

laugh I should have known... But you truly should try one some day.. Just be very picky as to which line, where it's going, and WHEN you go... Choose wrong, (ala Carnival) and you'll never set foot on another...

Very good post... Kudos..

Et tu, Brute’ ?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I live in a rural area.I moved here 40 years ago to get away from people. Can't see any reason to go on a floating hotel with 3000 other people.I probably only know 10-15 people I would rather spend anytime with. A pack trip 10-15 miles into a wilderness area seeing 1-2 people suits me better.

And good mules to talk to.

We’d get along just fine.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve cruised twice, first & last time 🤷🏻‍♂️

My country azz is way happier at our cabin

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
at the moment and for the foreseeable future, the decision to cruise or not to cruise is being made for everyone.

I would think that Cruise Ships are going to need to step up their efforts to instill confidence with the public at large that they can take a cruise with a more than reasonable chance of not catching something AND they can arrive on and leave the ship without delay

Until that happens, the cruise industry is going to be DOA for awhile.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Being shanghaied on a boat with several thousand other people without enough imagination to figure out what to do on their vacation....for a couple weeks

pretty good way to put it, actually

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Falwell family and Liberty alumni should give it a go.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 3,185 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,304
Posts18,468,097
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.