Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
For us it's a wait and see, last year wife and I booked a Disney Cruise for the entire family, (8 adults and 8 grand kids), sort of a treat for our 50th Anniversary . Who knew back then this chit would happen, we did get travel insurance for the cruise, but not air fare.
Have just under 50K invested.
Cruise is scheduled for last week in June, so wait and see.

"The older I get, the better I was"
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There are something like 1,400+ cruise ships worldwide. That means at least 1,390 of them are NOT infected. On the ships that are, of the 3,000 people aboard, something like 2,900 of them don't have the virus.

But hey, those are facts, and you folks are arguing like Democrats. So I give up.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What a coincidence, jbmi! Ours is a 50th cruise for our whole family, too! and it's the last week of June as well.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Looove....exciting and new...come aboard we're expecting youuuuu....

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
There are something like 1,400+ cruise ships worldwide. That means at least 1,390 of them are NOT infected. On the ships that are, of the 3,000 people aboard, something like 2,900 of them don't have the virus.

But hey, those are facts, and you folks are arguing like Democrats. So I give up.

Partial facts.

Have you looked at the bookings cancellations?

Have you looked at the number of ships not taking bookings ?

Tell me what your cruise line is now telling you at this point in time about yourself intended schedule.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just think if you’re shanghaied on a cruise in a below the water, inside stateroom.

I did ONE cruise on an inside stateroom, crapper from across the hall overflowed out into the hallway. Smelled like wet dogs and booze puke.

Never more said the raven.

Always got balcony with sliding glass doors. Leave em open all day/night. Sit out on the balcony with binos and check out other vessels and islands. Fresh air, breezes, margarita run every 30 minutes.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by aalf

My cruise ship:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Very Nice. Who makes these?

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
When i lived in Ketchikan, we called the cruise ships hacker barges. They were full of newlyweds and nearly deads. With the balance a bunch of f agg ots! Never had a want to join them!

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
There are people who like to tattoo their gums and drive nails through their dick too.

More power to em.

We may be arguing like democrats Rocky....but yer kinda arguing like a born again Christian.......just sayin. grin

Last edited by Jim_Conrad; 03/31/20.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Man I used to be a buffet machine.

Anymore I take one nice plate and call it a day.

I can get a lot on one plate of course.....learned that at church pot lucks.

If I over eat now a days I just suffer all day. 10 or 15 years from now I will learn not to over eat.

Semi interesting tidbit about Vegas buffets Sent my wife and some other gals on our staff 5-7 of em iirc to Vegas for classes.

My wife grew up in Tok Alaska pop. 1000

Sooo the girls were sitting down eating their plates from the buffet, when one of them exclaimed “ ewww look at that guy just bare handed grabbing & cramming food into his mouth ! “

My wife looked & looked again “ good god I went to high school with him ! “. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Her graduating class numbered around 7 kids 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ok one more quick Tok story, the guy that parachuted into Caesar’s palace during a Holyfield fight iirc, was Jared Miller, Tok alumni, good friends w her older brother 🤷🏻‍♂️

That lil town has produced some characters 🤷🏻‍♂️ And one gem ❤️ I snagged her 💪🏼🙏🏻

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Jim Conrad: I did not know this, until I went on a cruise with the VarmintWife, that there indeed are people that all they do is go on cruises!
Year round and as quick as they can go from one cruise to travel to another cruise jump off point.
I met several of them during the 3 (three) cruises the VarmintWife and I have been on.
They cruise everywhere - all the oceans all the seas and even on rivers.
Yeah I would enjoy a couple cruises a year, but full time - nope I need the various Hunting and fishing seasons!
We were cruising past Cuba on one cruise and I was shooting clay pigeons off of the aft deck of the cruise ship and the Captain of the ship came down and watched a bit then instructed the shooting instructors that we were within 10 miles of Cuba and had to cease shooting for two hours - I don't know why.
The VarmintWife and I are going to cruise the Panama Canal next year to celebrate an anniversary. It was HER idea! I liked the titty beaches of the Caribbean myself.
So my answer is no not now but in a year, certainly.
NOTHING more relaxing and less stressful than a 10 day cruise!
PERIOD!
Been there done that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got lost at gap-toothed mouth breathers, lol....

some people were born with small nasal passages, btw.

laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The Man Without A Country - Edward Everett Hale

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by kid0917
I got lost at gap-toothed mouth breathers, lol....

some people were born with small nasal passages, btw.

laugh

Was it singing through my nose that got me outlawed by the Man?????

I am MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Last edited by kid0917; 03/31/20.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Jim Conrad: I did not know this, until I went on a cruise with the VarmintWife, that there indeed are people that all they do is go on cruises!
Year round and as quick as they can go from one cruise to travel to another cruise jump off point.
I met several of them during the 3 (three) cruises the VarmintWife and I have been on.
They cruise everywhere - all the oceans all the seas and even on rivers.
Yeah I would enjoy a couple cruises a year, but full time - nope I need the various Hunting and fishing seasons!
We were cruising past Cuba on one cruise and I was shooting clay pigeons off of the aft deck of the cruise ship and the Captain of the ship came down and watched a bit then instructed the shooting instructors that we were within 10 miles of Cuba and had to cease shooting for two hours - I don't know why.
The VarmintWife and I are going to cruise the Panama Canal next year to celebrate an anniversary. It was HER idea! I liked the titty beaches of the Caribbean myself.
So my answer is no not now but in a year, certainly.
NOTHING more relaxing and less stressful than a 10 day cruise!
PERIOD!
Been there done that.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Echoes my experiences also.. Bucket list is the Panama Canal cruise.. Sigh - some day..

Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Partial facts.

Have you looked at the bookings cancellations?

Have you looked at the number of ships not taking bookings ?

Tell me what your cruise line is now telling you at this point in time about yourself intended schedule.
I can't speak for the rest, but RCC has cancelled ALL cruise ship sailings world-wide... With 30+ years experience with RCC I can only say that they really, really pay attention to passenger safety, cleanliness and well-being.. It's true that an unfortunate circumstance like this virus can really screw up a cruise - but it doesn't stop there... Most of the normal tourist areas are now also closed to people.. Ala Disneyland/World, Epcot, heck even many state and national parks are closing... We have a camping trip coming up in three weeks and I need to call soon and see if we'll still be allowed to enter (private campground)..

This freakin' virus chit is a nightmare for everybody..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
My wife has been wanting to go on a cruise for years and I've never had any desire to. I think it's safe to say, it will be a long time before I give any serious thought to it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Anyone booking a near future cruise is like a q u e e r. Indian.

A brave sucker.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I would like to go on an Alaskan Cruise in the foreseeable future after this crap calms down.

I think the cruise business is going to downsize in the future somewhat. I was thinking the Govrt should buy up the really big ships, retrofit them into hospital ships for the next invasion of China born organisms.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I've had mucho people say we should go on an Alaskan cruise... NO thanks.. I get plenty of cold/snow up here now - why in Hell would I wanna spend money to go to MORE cold/snow??? Now, if I lived in FL., maybe that would be exciting... I don't. I wanna see nothing but sunshine, warm air, blue ocean and a handy bartender.. laugh laugh

Maybe part of this comes from my years in the USN, being on the oceans for days/weeks at a time in all parts of the world.. I just loved it..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

700 members (12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 160user, 77 invisible), 3,048 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,242
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.