Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I think, as many others, were due for a big recession.

Im trying to pick up some commodities stocks, picked up good dividend oil stocks a few weeks ago, buy into more good dividend stocks in upcoming downmarket (merck, Coca Cola, Johnson and Johnson), will probably get some gold stocks in near future. Probably transfer 50 per cent of investments into a good bond fund. when interest rates rise.Obviously have all debts paid off. Sold house waiting for a dip in realestate market to buy land and hopefully build own house. The area I live now is pretty expensive due to influx of Californians with cash.

Any other suggestions?

Last edited by ribka; 03/31/20.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think there will be a hole in the food supply chain later this year and next.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
I'm just keeping the investments I have. You can't time the market. The market has already discounted the fact that there is going to be a recession.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
I'm just keeping the investments I have. You can't time the market. The market has already discounted the fact that there is going to be a recession.

two stocked chest freezers full of fish and game

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
I went to the liquor store and stocked up last night.

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by ribka

Im trying to pick up some commodities stocks, picked up good dividend oil stocks a few weeks ago, buy into more good dividend stocks in upcoming downmarket (merck, Coca Cola, Johnson and Johnson), will probably get some gold stocks in near future. Probably transfer 50 per cent of investments into a good bond fund. when interest rates rise.Obviously have all debts paid off. Sold house waiting for a dip in realestate market to buy land and hopefully build own house. The area I live now is pretty expensive due to influx of Californians with cash.

Any other suggestions?

I think you about have it covered. I won't be changing my investments. But we have an emergency fund set back, some cash on hand, non-perishable food stuff and household stuff set back, keeping the fuel tanks in your vehicle full, staying out of debt or reducing debt, ect. It also would be a good idea to tighten up on security and increase your level of awareness.

Oh yeah, I have a decent beer and liquor stash.

Last edited by lightman; 03/31/20.

lightman
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
It is gonna get tough I believe. We have plenty food for now! There will be lots of things for sale before long!

Last edited by hanco; 03/31/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Possible? It's a certainty from what I'm hearing.

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Forgot to mention have at least 6 months living expenses. Covered for security and recently moved to a very safe homogenous semi rural area. Going to can more this summer. Buy a few extra doe tags.

Originally Posted by lightman

Any other suggestions?

I think you about have it covered. I won't be changing my investments. But we have an emergency fund set back, some cash on hand, non-perishable food stuff and household stuff set back, keeping the fuel tanks in your vehicle full, staying out of debt or reducing debt, ect. It also would be a good idea to tighten up on security and increase your level of awareness.

Oh yeah, I have a decent beer and liquor stash.

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by moosemike

I know its going to happen but can't prove it. All the signs and conditions and the recent 2 trillion in relief package pretty much guaranteed it.

IC B3

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

I know its going to happen but can't prove it. All the signs and conditions and the recent 2 trillion in relief package pretty much guaranteed it.

Yes you can.....the millions going on unemployment. Hasn't happened at that level since 1980's, and it's going deeper. You can't throw a boat anchor out on the economy, like they have, and it shutter business, without carnage in the wake. I don't like typing, and seeing it in print, but it's fact we have to face, and you have to stay strong, to be leaders in your communities.

People will refuse to believe it is happening, but you have to push through that, and plan for the worse, so you can get as much long-term storage supplies, now, while they are available.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And the next 2 trillion stimulus is already in the works.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i gotten all kinds of calls for the last few days for work.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

Yes you can.....the millions going on unemployment. Hasn't happened at that level since 1980's, and it's going deeper. You can't throw a boat anchor out on the economy, like they have, and it shutter business, without carnage in the wake. I don't like typing, and seeing it in print, but it's fact we have to face, and you have to stay strong, to be leaders in your communities.

People will refuse to believe it is happening, but you have to push through that, and plan for the worse, so you can get as much long-term storage supplies, now, while they are available.

no one has has accurately predicted our economy one hundred per cent. Just try and have a back up plan for the worst instead of living pay check to pay check and going out to eat every day and buying new trucks and boats etc

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't know. I know that when this Corona schitt passes, manufacturers are going to crank up hard.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I don't know. I know that when this Corona schitt passes, manufacturers are going to crank up hard.

I'm no economist but I can understand lots of businesses may be hurting now......but I agree with Bristoe that when things settle down lots of producers are really going to produce.

I'm not sure how long it will take for this stuff to settle down....hopefully spring/summer will help end it quicker. Long, slow, drawn out will really hurt......

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Never chase stocks that pay a dividend! They're not all that they seem.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
Never chase stocks that pay a dividend! They're not all that they seem.

planning 50 to 60 per cent dividend stocks of a diversified portfolio. Can reallocate as conditions change .

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I'm no economist but I can understand lots of businesses may be hurting now......but I agree with Bristoe that when things settle down lots of producers are really going to produce.

I'm not sure how long it will take for this stuff to settle down....hopefully spring/summer will help end it quicker. Long, slow, drawn out will really hurt......

They will but will consumers have money to purchase in 3 months at same rate as before virus? That is the question. Concerned that some percentage of current lay offs could be permanent.

Last edited by ribka; 03/31/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

no one has has accurately predicted our economy one hundred per cent. Just try and have a back up plan for the worst instead of living pay check to pay check and going out to eat every day and buying new trucks and boats etc

I don't know. Eating out everyday and buying new trucks sounds perfect. And paycheck to paycheck is business as usual. laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

623 members (163bc, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,660 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,315
Posts18,449,232
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.