Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My Dazy dog went West yesterday. 14 years of fun ,love and laughter. She was a clown and a pain in the ass sometimes. If I live another 20 years I will still grieve.
Next time I am getting a goldfish.
RIP my sweet sweet girl.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
So sorry for your loss...

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
sorry for loss. 14 is pretty good. have any pics of your dog to share?

W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Sorry to hear of this. I lost one a couple months ago that was 14 as well. Hits like a hammer, for sure.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Evening guys, good idea on the gold fish!!! So sorry for your heart ache. Still not over my Diggzzz dog from November. Probably won't help now but sooner or later you'll end up with another one. Sometimes you don't want one but if your a dog man they can find ya somehow!!! Don't ask how I know. Bill out. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
notice a pattern? she always had something to carry and give you in her mouth.
have seen her carry a balloon for hours and not pop it. softest mouth I ever saw.

Last edited by deerstalker; 03/31/20.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Makes me so sad to hear this.. I lost my first golden in 1995, I still think about that gal... You have my deepest sympathy..

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Sorry man...we just went thru this. Damn rough.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deerstalker
[Linked Image]
[img]https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/14729514/dazy[/img]
[Linked Image]
notice a pattern? she always had something to carry and give you in her mouth.
have seen her carry a balloon for hours and not pop it. softest mouth I ever saw.

thanks. good looking pup. love the color of her coat.

Last edited by ribka; 03/31/20.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
we still have her sister , a yellow. so far she hasn't shown any depression. have to love her up.
thanks for all the sympathy and all that have gone through this have my heart felt sympathy in return.
I have lost to many in the last 70 years I don't think I want to deal with it anymore. gold fish or a tortoise look good right now.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
she was as smooth as silk. water slid off her like a duck. she went through life retrieving things, neighbors shoes, toys, baby turkeys, grouse, and ducks. one time even a baby squirrel.
never any damage. softest mouth I ever saw.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good girl Dazy....

laissez les bons temps rouler
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Thats a unique talent to have such a soft mouth. Not very common in dogs. good looking dog and thanks for sharing your memories on here.

Maybe pick up a well vetted adoption . I picked up a German Shepard at a local rescue years ago when my GSP died at 13.

Originally Posted by deerstalker
she was as smooth as silk. water slid off her like a duck. she went through life retrieving things, neighbors shoes, toys, baby turkeys, grouse, and ducks. one time even a baby squirrel.
never any damage. softest mouth I ever saw.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm so sorry to read this. These beautiful creatures are really the best people.

When my Joe went a friend told me that the reason it hurt so much was because they love so much.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I'm so sorry about your sweetie. Her pics are beautiful. We've had labs for years and one never forgets. 14 years is a very good run for a lab, probably any dog. My wife and I decided to get one more and she is a keeper, a beatiful black lab. Samantha (Sam) is 6 months old and we love her to pieces.
It is a sad time, glad you shared life together.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Both of these girls were rescue dogs.
We had a neighbor that was bipolar batshit crazy ,whose wife had cancer. They got the pups for the kids. Her idea. He fed them mouldy bread and carrot pulp from juicing.
They were stunted by diet I think. He would run them 10 miles while he was in the car .
She died and he chased off his son at 12 years old.
We had watched the dogs and kids during her cancer treatments.
The boy came up before he left and asked if we wanted the dogs for 400 each.
I had just lost my job so my wife said we couldn't pay that much.
He returned and said 100 each. We bought them.
Easy had fallen out of the back of their pickup at about 2 years old, and broke her right back let in 6 places.
Doc put in line and a rod to straighten it, said if it got bent to bring her in and get it straightened.
If course it got bent and neighbor refused to take her in and refused us taking her. Said it's just a dog.
The rest of her life you could track her by the back tracks almost on top of each other.
Here where we live the river is 300 ft across.
One day she jumped a buck on the west bank. It jumped in and headed east.
I couldn't see easy until I got to the edge of the river.
There she was , chasing that buck up stream almost to the other shore.
The buck got out , shook off, looked back as if to st " crazy dog" and ran off. Easy never missed a stroke.
Just turned around and swam back. I thought I would lose her ,but nothing I could do.
It was 7 degrees and as soon as she got out she turned white!
Oh the memories!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know better than to open these. These bring back sad memories. Sorry for your loss. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
She sounds like quite the character. Again, condolences.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Always hurts, losing a good dog like that.

Still missing my Clark boy from last spring. I think all of us here understand how tough it is to lose a dog.

Condolences.

Guy

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Dang, RIP Dazy. Condolences.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
688 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 78 invisible), 3,080 guests, and 1,472 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,678
Posts18,399,550
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.