Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by kingston
These are the bees knees for shooting vermin all day.

https://www.amazon.com/Muddy-Swivel...ting+bench&qid=1586458812&sr=8-8

The Caldwell that MM posted is probably just as good if not better. Just be sure it swivels. And use real bags. Dump the stick.

Fück that Chinese made shït.

I'm pretty sure I've spent more time on a prairie dog town than you have.

Buy American, or from her allies.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been using this folding table for years. It is inexpensive, solid, easy to transport and very durable. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lifetime..._GOaxnNL5zAZCZuRZ72cLWdPChhoCRJEQAvD_BwE

I just bought some of Lonny's brackets a couple of months ago and am building one this winter.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
These benches have great reviews, they are well built. The only drawback is they aren’t cheap.

https://www.doashootingbench.com/product/shooting-bench/

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have one of these. Works great when it’s setup. Haven’t used it since leaving the Black Hills ten years ago. I might need to see if I can remember how to assemble it.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I have done, and still do, some good shooting off a basic folding table from Home Depot or wherever it was I bought it. Don't recall the exact price, but I'm sure it was under $50. Then again it's been many years ago I bought it.

Of course these don't swivel, and with four legs, they generally wobble until you kick the dirt out from under one leg, or shim a leg with a rock or something.

It is stable though. More stable than the other Caldwell bench I posted earlier on.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And you can cook on it.....grin,

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by hotdog
These benches have great reviews, they are well built. The only drawback is they aren’t cheap.

https://www.doashootingbench.com/product/shooting-bench/

I have had one of these for several years. Goes to South Dakota once a year for our annual prairie dog hunt. It is a quality bench that is pretty easy to set up and break down. It is perfect for what I use it for and rock solid. Expensive but if it is something you will use it isn’t hard to justify.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
This is the basic T-table ambidextrous plans that have been around for 20 years that can be made from a 1/2 sheet of plywood. Nest 2 identical shapes, cut & then glue & screw together. Pipe fitting brackets sold in the classifieds here. Excuse male model, I got him cheap.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Wanted more room & built another that was 6 or 8" longer, & a few inches wider & with out the cut out for a lefty. Went from 1 1/4 pipe legs to 1 1/2 for this one. Solid, plenty of room but it was a bit much for weight & portability, even just getting it in & out of the truck & assembling was a pain to me.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Ironically, the MTM portable is the same dimensions as my first, it cost about 65 bucks if ya shop. It doesn't weigh much & is about a 90 second set up. Stability the trade off.

Last edited by gunzo; 12/16/20.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I used this for a prarie dog hunt in Montana this past July. I liked that you could adjust it for uphill, downhill, sidehill angles, fast and easy set up. It was actually more stable than I thought it would be, and if I missed at 400 plus yards, it was me (and the wind) not the table.

Made in America too.

MTM High Low Shooting table.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019275620

Last edited by mannyspd1; 12/24/20.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by huntsman22
build yer own......

For sure. The ones I see at sportsman's and Cabela's are rickidy as chidt...

This one took me an hour to build and is very solid, yet very portable:

Throw it in the back of a pickup and set up anywhere.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
These are the bees knees for shooting vermin all day.

https://www.amazon.com/Muddy-Swivel...ting+bench&qid=1586458812&sr=8-8

The Caldwell that MM posted is probably just as good if not better. Just be sure it swivels. And use real bags. Dump the stick.

Other than this, most of these replies didn’t notice the OP had “portable” in the title.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by auk1124
A metal folding-leg sawhorse, a scrap of 3/4 inch plywood, a few bolts from the junk drawer or hardware store, and an hour or so with a jigsaw and a drill for the bolt holes, and you're done. When no longer needed, remove the plywood and you still have yourself a sawhorse.

I do something similar. I have two plastic saw horses that I set up about 5 feet apart. I lay a couple 2x6s down on them and a sheet of plywood on top. A couple clamps on each side, and we’re good to go. I use a shower chair from after I had surgery. Each leg is adjustable enough to not be totally annoyed.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
A metal folding-leg sawhorse, a scrap of 3/4 inch plywood, a few bolts from the junk drawer or hardware store, and an hour or so with a jigsaw and a drill for the bolt holes, and you're done. When no longer needed, remove the plywood and you still have yourself a sawhorse.

I do something similar. I have two plastic saw horses that I set up about 5 feet apart. I lay a couple 2x6s down on them and a sheet of plywood on top. A couple clamps on each side, and we’re good to go. I use a shower chair from after I had surgery. Each leg is adjustable enough to not be totally annoyed.

Where does portable fit in that chicken coop?

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by HitnRun

I toss a sheet of plywood in the bed of the truck, toss 2 2x6s on top, toss two folding plastic sawhorses in there, a few clamps, and the chair. Just takes a couple seconds to set it all up.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by HitnRun

I toss a sheet of plywood in the bed of the truck, toss 2 2x6s on top, toss two folding plastic sawhorses in there, a few clamps, and the chair. Just takes a couple seconds to set it all up.

Holy crap if that’s a couple seconds, I’d hate to see how long a year is.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Best one I have come up with is my golf cart. It has a bed on the back...four sides about one foot high....let down tail gate... I have a rolling shop stool to sit on. Got a piece of 3/4" plywood about 4 feet long that I lay across the bed and sit on the stool at side of bed...perfect height and very stable. Very mobile and left or right hand shooting. Got no money in it already had the plywood....kinda cheap.

O.B.Wallace
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my golf cart works, too......

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Mine:

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My portable version......

I've settled on two pieces of half inch glued & screwed together as a good compromise between weight & stiffness.

48" x 30", rounded corners, and a 10" x 16" cutout.

Indoor/outdoor carpet on the top, folded under & stapled.

Folding banquet legs from Menards on the bottom. Off set so the lay flat.

Weight is 37 pounds.

Used to be under $50.00 to build at the old prices.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
3/4" piece of plywood with a 2x4 cleet on the bottom that a workmate clamp table pinches. Place a couple of sandbags on the table leg braces. Stool of your choice.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 21, 222Sako, 222ND, 68 invisible), 2,487 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,677
Posts18,456,258
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.