Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
You guys can believe whatever you want, but I have friends and family who are docs and nurses in emergency rooms in California, Kansas and Missouri. They say it's bad. The doc in Kansas texted me yesterday and said he watched a perfectly healthy 43 year old woman die.

They all say they don't have enough personal protection equipment. A nurse friend in Missouri doesn't have ANY respirators, nor masks.

They've pointed out that if a significant percentage of the docs and nurses as sick at any given time, the death rate will go up.

I also have three (3) uncles from a tiny cotton farming community in the Texas panhandle. This community is so small it doesn't even have a stop light. All three went to a high school basketball tournament, and all three wound up on ventilators in the Amarillo ICU. Two of them are off those now, and they're trying to wean the third off, which is great news.

I think areas with a lot of population density, like NY and LA, will be hit hard, and so will chit holes like Detroit and New Orleans where there is a lot of poverty and poor education. A lot of New Yorkers are fleeing to Florida, which is full of old people (like Deflave), so I expect Florida will have a big hit.

There will also be small towns where everyone goes to one choke point - an only grocery store, or one sporting event - that have or will have huge infection rates.

100,000 dead? That's an average of 2,000 per state. If they don't have a vaccine for a year, I think that's more than possible.

Like I said, you can believe whatever you want, and you all get to place your bets now....

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Iirc, POTUS said up to 240,000.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I don't doubt those those numbers at all. It is nice to see Trump listening to his appointed experts.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Possible yes.

But the real question is not what's possible, but what probably.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
He said they EXPECT 100,000 to 240,000. Without social distancing its PROBALE up to ten times more.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/31/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by jaguartx
He said they EXPECT 100,000 to 240,000. Without social distancing its PROBALE maybe ten times more.

Yes, but there a number of folks on another thread who seem to think it isn't remotely possible.

I'm just relaying what I hear from actual ER personnel and events that have happened in my family.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
WGAF?

A never-ending discussion of what-ifs.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He said they EXPECT 100,000 to 240,000. Without social distancing its PROBALE up to ten times more.

Correct and they also said maybe less, if we keep the fûck away from each other for another month.

Love you all.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Yes, but what you reported is pretty sobering and pretty close to what Trump said.

Good thread. Thanks for it and the family info. Take care and GOD bless.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
All those dumbasses that went to Mardi Gras gonna live ???

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

...and Spring FÛCKING Break.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A million would only be 1 out of every 330 Americans. More than that die every year and a bunch of that million would have died anyway from something. What percent of the total population is 1 million? A lot less than the almost 1% that die every year.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Fox News reports, "White House projects 100K to 240K coronavirus deaths as Trump tells US to prepare for ‘very painful two weeks’"

Let's hope not, but hope is not a strategy. As I have said before, truly tragic. Regardless of politics, we are all in this together and should follow and support CDC, WHO, State and Local Health Officer guidelines. We have made extra charitable donations. The WHO and John's Hopkins are both accepting funds on their websites.

Stay safe.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hastings
A million would only be 1 out of every 330 Americans. More than that die every year and a bunch of that million would have died anyway from something. What percent of the total population is 1 million? A lot less than the almost 1% that die every year.

JFC...

*assuming you weren’t asking a question...

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

But these are EXTRA deaths. Like TRUMP said, this is going to be rough. If you are older than 50, the danger is probably 10 x that of folks in their 20s.

Pretty sobering to me, having been out hunting coyotes most of the day in the beautiful rain fueled spring green desert.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/31/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty

Fox News reports, "White House projects 100K to 240K coronavirus deaths as Trump tells US to prepare for ‘very painful two weeks’"

Let's hope not, but hope is not a strategy. As I have said before, truly tragic. Regardless of politics, we are all in this together and should follow and support CDC, WHO, State and Local Health Officer guidelines. We have made extra charitable donations. The WHO and John's Hopkins are both accepting funds on their websites.

Stay safe.

Just watch the briefing for yourself... I’m doing it right now with a couple bottles of Rioja.

Let me know if you need the link.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

So what guidance did they have prior to chasing Mardi Gras?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

But these are EXTRA deaths. Like TRUMP said, this is going to be rough. If you are older than 50, the danger is probably 10 x that of folks in their 20s.

Pretty sobering to me, having been out hunting coyotes most of the day in the beautiful rain fueled spring green desert.

Jag, Stay away from people. Especially people who like being around people, wash your hands and don’t touch your face. Coyote hunting is the best place to be. You’ve read the literature. We all need to do this together, separately.

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by kroo88
WGAF?

WGAF?

Certainly not Campfire members! I mean none of them are male, over 50, over weight, diabetic, A-fib, smokers or have asthma.

Yes, none of those people should GAF....

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Yes, please. Link useful. Thank you.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1941USMC, 12344mag, 16penny, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,639 guests, and 1,123 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,306
Posts18,468,155
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.