Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by gemby58
Originally Posted by Trumper
Originally Posted by gemby58
Just think what Bloomberg paid for his ads and lost, he could have gave all American a million for there vote and still had some left over, would have been cheaper for him, and maybe he would have won

Wouldn't that be a dollar apiece?More like $1.40 or so?

???, 329.4 million people in the USA in 2019, he spent over 500 million on ads

gemby58, divide 500 million by 329.4 million. Hell, just dividing 500 by 329.4 will get you close. You are one of the 329.4 million. The answer that you get will tell you how much you get in dollars and cents. Don't book a cruise based on thinking that you are going to be a a millionaire...... Your roughly $1.52 that you will get from the $500 million will not fund the cruise, and besides, cruises aren't the best option for anyone in today's world anyway.

Take a walk and take your cell phone and your calculator with you. While you're walking, go back and read my post with a link that I posted maybe 2 hours ago for you to read and ponder. Then try the calculator once again. And please don't go back home all despondent that you won't be a millionaire because Blumberg spent his $500 million on political adds and not you and 499 other people....... laugh

Another way to look at it is if he gave the $500 million away with $1 million to each person, he would run out of money to give away after 500 people got a million dollars each. Brian Williams and the broad he was talking to apparently had the same math teacher that you had.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It took several months to get all the stimulus checks out in 2008.

And that was with much higher IRS Staffing levels.

Everyone has been also screaming to reduce IRS employment rolls because of all the bad acts by Onumbnuts Administration.

IRS has 10-15K employess less than 2010.

FYI its really an advance on a projected refundable tax credit for your 2020 taxes you'll file in 2021.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
What check in 2008? SOaB!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't remember a 2008 check either.

Me

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Anyone know if its net or gross?

I should check with my accountant....make sure this doesn't bump me up into a higher tax bracket.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by J23
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Its an early 4l80E in a one ton chevy. 92 model.

I bought the dang thing over a year ago and it has been sitting at the parts store.

Every transmission on the farm is bad or going bad. I sent it to the shop to get me caught up!

I have a 4L60E in my half-ton, so far so good. Both of them are nothing more than the old 700R4 with some additional electronics, and yours has a little beefier parts. That series of transmissions have had a rough history. I feel for ya.

My old Cummins Ram dropped a 48RE about every six months. Be glad you don't have one behind a Cummins. They don't last long.

As much as it pains me to say it, Ford transmissions seem to hold up pretty well behind their diesels... now their 6.0 and 6.4 Powerstrokes are another matter.

Sounds like you never had a knowledgeable mechanic repair it. There's nothing worse than having a flunky work on your equipment.

Last edited by TrueGrit; 03/31/20.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hectortwsp
I'm going to take mine and the wife's to build a "She Shed" so I've been told.

I"d be interested in seeing what that plays out to be. 4br/5ba? lol. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by teal
I don't remember a 2008 check either.

+3

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
3 WEEKS !!!!!!!!

Patience Grasshopper.

Patience ??

Patience, my azz !

You ain’t the one running low on Boone’s Farm elixer!

And I’m down to my last pack of pork neckbones.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They quoted me 800 bucks remove and replace..........still should have some beer money left.

I always pull them and put them back in myself, but i think the days of lowering one on to my chest might be over.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

J
J23 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by J23

Its an early 4l80E in a one ton chevy. 92 model.

I bought the dang thing over a year ago and it has been sitting at the parts store.

Every transmission on the farm is bad or going bad. I sent it to the shop to get me caught up!

I have a 4L60E in my half-ton, so far so good. Both of them are nothing more than the old 700R4 with some additional electronics, and yours has a little beefier parts. That series of transmissions have had a rough history. I feel for ya.

My old Cummins Ram dropped a 48RE about every six months. Be glad you don't have one behind a Cummins. They don't last long.

As much as it pains me to say it, Ford transmissions seem to hold up pretty well behind their diesels... now their 6.0 and 6.4 Powerstrokes are another matter.

Sounds like you never had a knowledgeable mechanic repair it. There's nothing worse than having a flunky work on your equipment.

I'm assuming you're talking about the 48RE? Apparently not. I had a "transmission shop" go through the first one that puked and it lasted near a year. After that and the money I put into it, I would just buy used, run them till they took a chit, and repeat. I have spoken to a few guys who say that transmission was borderline under built for the Cummins as it was. Add some fuel and a little boost and it was totally outclassed.

Come to think of it, I have never heard of a decent transmission guy or shop in my neck of the woods, none with stellar reviews anyhow.

On a positive note, after the second one, I could swap out that transmission hungover, with my eyes closed, and in record time.

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
3 WEEKS !!!!!!!!

Patience Grasshopper.

Patience ??

Patience, my azz !

You ain’t the one running low on Boone’s Farm elixer!

And I’m down to my last pack of pork neckbones.

Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer!

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am already spending mine on transmission repair.

I’m thinking a new dirt bike!

Being laid off and a real chance the company ain’t gonna make it, it may not be a good choice.

Maybe lottery tickets!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

LOL.

Jim, I was thinking of doing the same thing. You have a good shop over there? I was thinking of taking my truck to Havre tomorrow.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by kroo88

LOL.

Jim, I was thinking of doing the same thing. You have a good shop over there? I was thinking of taking my truck to Havre tomorrow.

I took it to Bergren Transmission. Talked to them last fall about installing a transmission I had purchased for my 92 dually. .

Have used them in the past and was happy.

I hate transmission work for some reason......

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
They quoted me 800 bucks remove and replace..........still should have some beer money left.

I always pull them and put them back in myself, but i think the days of lowering one on to my chest might be over.

This is the first time in a LONG time I have hired it done.

Dad does once in a while.

EVERY pickup on the place has some sort of transmission issue. The Allison in my 02 puked a bunch of oil out and locked itself in limp mode......the last pickup with a 5th wheel ball.

I just said fuggit........time for a little outside help!

I am MAGA.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

530 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 16penny, 160user, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 42 invisible), 1,882 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,234
Posts18,447,765
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.