Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Found out today that a man I use to work with, in south La., died of the virus. Mid to late 50's, but I haven't seen him in years and not sure about his health.

This is the first person that I personally know that has or in his case had the virus.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

If my math is correct, Louisiana has the highest % death rate in the nation! Be safe! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Did he smoke?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hate to say it, but this is going to happen more and more.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston

This will, Americans are not use to being told to stay home and most won't so it will spread.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by stxhunter

This will, Americans are not use to being told to stay home and most won't so it will spread.

I'm wondering how hard it is going to hit those demographics that have a tendency to disregard the law/rules.

I'm expecting places like Baltimore to explode at some point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife is gently managing me to have no reason to go out. But a wall full of books and some places close by to go for long walks without meeting a soul, make it all a little more bearable. The dogs are also liking it. grin

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

We're social fücking animals. I'm going stir crazy and you know me—I can't stand crowds, e.g. groups > 3 people.

It's not easy. We're nomads, wanderers, hunters and gatherers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mudhen
My wife is gently managing me to have no reason to go out. But a wall full of books and some places close by to go for long walks without meeting a soul, make it all a little more bearable. The dogs are also liking it. grin

She loves you.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

We're social fücking animals. I'm going stir crazy and you know me—I can't stand crowds, e.g. groups > 3 people.

For god sakes quit being such a puzzy. You guys talk about how tough and prepared for anything you are on here all the time and how everybody else is a snowflake. Now the truth is coming out. If the worst you ever have to deal with in your life is staying the hell away from other people for a few weeks you've lived a damned charmed life. The wife and I haven't left our property in 17 days now and it ain't that bad at all.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I interacted with a humanoid from the outside world today.

Dog catcher was parked on our bridge. Said she got a report of some “wildcats”. Lady dog catcher, that is.

I said with all the neighbors beatin the hell outta each of other every Friday night and random gunshots at 2am, people crashing though the cow fence twice in a month, someone reports some “wildcats” ??

She drags this old scruffy one eared, methuselah cat out from under a stump with a rattlesnake pole. And headed on out.

I told the dogs they better lay low. That colored woman snatch you knuckleheads up.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by mudhen

A little different here......mine keeps finding reasons for me to go to town! whistle memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This 'social distancing' thing aint to bad. I'm getting things done that have been put on the back burner, for a while. Washed and waxed my truck, even cleaned out the inside and armor-alled it. Looks and smells a lot better!

Been shooting cowbirds at the feeder.... sharpening up my shooting skills (shooting skills always need improving).

Worked some on the old truck.

Just generally catching up on things.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldman3
This 'social distancing' thing aint to bad. I'm getting things done that have been put on the back burner, for a while. Washed and waxed my truck, even cleaned out the inside and armor-alled it. Looks and smells a lot better!

Been shooting cowbirds at the feeder.... sharpening up my shooting skills (shooting skills always need improving).

Lots of that around here too. Honey-do’s.

Spending time at the camp also as it’s only 14 miles away and on the backroads.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

I have been going to that site daily. Scrolling down to the graph showing deaths is to say the least is concerning.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Oldman3

Lots of that around here too. Honey-do’s.

Spending time at the camp also as it’s only 14 miles away and on the backroads.

Whats your camp like?

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Blackheart

For god sakes quit being such a puzzy. You guys talk about how tough and prepared for anything you are on here all the time and how everybody else is a snowflake. Now the truth is coming out. If the worst you ever have to deal with in your life is staying the hell away from other people for a few weeks you've lived a damned charmed life. The wife and I haven't left our property in 17 days now and it ain't that bad at all.

Would like to hear your wife’s side of the story.
Grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Have you ever thought of becoming a motivational speaker? LOL!

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

I admit, we are really lucky, either in TX or place in AK, we have land to roam. Garages, sheds, LONG work lists. Lots of empty brass. Almost a barrel of lead here in TX, ( need a pot and mould though but do have one I could use and one 44 mould if it got boring...)

Were we to live in a city with neighbors and such I could almost see it getting a bit boring.

Not seeing other folks. Meh, I stay away from most others for months at a time in AK. Bothers me none. Prefer best friend/s and wife and dog though not in that order. LOL.

But I digress.

Stay safe in LA! Its dangerous out there now. Time for ALL to pay attention and listen, but they won't. Thats what will continue to kill more and more. That and the fact folks think they HAVE to get out because they didn't prepare. If we get cases here locally and we have none right here, but 2 in the overall county wife and I will eventually just stay home for 2-4 weeks or whatever and it will be great! We will get a lot done. Assuming we can pay the utilities and they don't cut those off due to lack of workers...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

145 members (338reddog, 444Matt, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 358WCF, 1_deuce, 20 invisible), 1,738 guests, and 1,078 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,184
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.