Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
...that numbers of property crime/theft/assaults/violence and whatnot will begin to increase? In what is admittedly but a casual, completely non-scientific personal series of observations on my part, I've noticed in my travels locally that people are behaving more and more aggressively, if in ways that are only slightly, if definitively perceptible--in my opinion only, of course. I believe I have definitely observed more instances of impatient shytheadery in simple things relating to drivers, dog walkers, cashiers and delivery people. I've noticed an increase IMO in some difficult to define--but present nonetheless--instances of increased sour and suspicious looks, argumentativeness and general, I dunno', distrust.

My personal feeling is that as long as the big three are readily available--food/water, electricity and heat-- things will be OK and the streets aren't likely to start running red. Take away any of those and I could easily see where things go to shyt right quick. I have a class A, so called 'high capacity' state issued license to carry concealed firearms. As the liberal ivory midden I normally work at would relieve me of my position were I caught carrying OTJ, I don't (allegedly) normally do so while working, but now that I am an employee working 'remotely', I don't leave the house unarmed, ever. My wife has never been anti-gun, and has been shown how to load and use every firearm in the house to proper effect, but it surprised me when last week or so she started asking me every time we were getting ready to leave the house, 'kenju arimasu-ka, daddy?' Translation: 'do you have a jammy on you, daddy?'

Interesting times continue.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This will calm the masses.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You call your handgun a jammy?

I think everyone predicts that, that's why sales are through the roof.

Last edited by 19352012; 03/31/20.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Gat, rod, heater, piece, jammy, iron, persuader, lead launcher, whatever. If I'm feeling parochial I'll also use 'pistol', 'handgun', 'sidearm' and 'revolver'. Hope that sets you at ease.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by kingston
This will calm the masses.

Oh no, not the 'masses'! wink

IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Let's not forget strap.

I'm always strapped, with a pistol. Now is the time to start considering always bringing an AR in the vehicle.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Can't say I see that around here. I hardly go out and it seems that nobody else does, either.

On the very few occasions that I've gone out lately the 4 or 5 people (total) that I've interacted with have been typical, friendly, rural Kentuckians.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Can't say I see that around here. I hardly go out and it seems that nobody else does, either.

On the very few occasions that I've gone out lately the 4 or 5 people (total) that I've interacted with have been typical, friendly, rural Kentuckians.

Watch for your neighbor with the fishin' hole planting mines in the wee hours of the night, B.

wink

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Let's not forget strap.

I'm always strapped, with a pistol. Now is the time to start considering always bringing an AR in the vehicle.

Ah yes, ye olde strappe. Forgot that one. Gracias. wink

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're gonna get ES91 all horned up.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Watch for your neighbor with the fishin' hole planting mines in the wee hours of the night, B.

wink

hmmmm,....I might be able to catch a mess o'bluegill while he's all locked up in the house.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Let's not forget strap.

Glad to hear it, but if you're not interacting with any people outside a small handful of your neighbors or spending time away from the homestead I guess you'd not be able to get a feel for any changes.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
kamo_gari.

we all just need to find our safe spot and stay there. When one leaves, bad scheidt happens

Never get out of the boat.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Out here in BFE, every one seems to be patient and even quicker with a smile and a wave than usual. When making a quick stop at the grocery or Home Depot, folks are very respectful of personal space, and very good at maintaining six foot spacing in checkout lines.

But then, it is Idaho and we expect everyone to carry. An armed society is..........

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

wink

hmmmm,....I might be able to catch a mess o'bluegill while he's all locked up in the house.

Do it. Just watch for tiger pits, bouncing betties, pungi stakes and defensive piles of hidden cow patties. And be sure to tote one of your FN FALs on your cover of darkness bluegill runs too, brother. wink

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Let's not forget strap.

Glad to hear it, but if you're not interacting with any people outside a small handful of your neighbors or spending time away from the homestead I guess you'd not be able to get a feel for any changes.

True enough. But the world has been on a downhill slide since The Andy Griffith show went from black and white to color.

The less feel for the world's changes I notice, the better I like it.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Kamo... these boys hailed from a bit south of you, but I rekkon a man as well rounded as yourself might recognize....;)

He pulled out the jammy, and aimed it at the sky
He yelled stick em up!! And let two fly..

Hands went up and people hit the floor
He wasted two kids that ran for the door

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Valsdad
kamo_gari.

we all just need to find our safe spot and stay there. When one leaves, bad scheidt happens

Geno

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
A lot of people who lived paycheck to paycheck are out of work. The unemployment systems are overloaded and many, many folks can't even get signed up. WTF do you think is going to happen ?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Not happening, other than maybe some deep state minions trying to stir up the pot.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1337Fungi, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,321
Posts18,468,449
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.