Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Prudhoe-Bay-worker-tests-positive-for-COVID-19-569265481.html

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (KTUU) — BP Alaska says it will stop all non-essential activity on the slope after a worker at Prudhoe Bay tested positive for the novel coronavirus.

In an emailed statement Tuesday afternoon, BP Director of U.S. Media Affairs for Alaska Megan Baldino said the company is scaling back operations to reduce potential infection vectors.

"BP is following procedures and protocols to minimize the risk of COVID19 and ensure the safety of our people," Baldino said. "We are eliminating all non-essential activity on the slope. The safety and wellbeing of staff and contractors and respect for the communities in which we operate is our highest priority."

On Tuesday night, Baldino confirmed to KTUU that BP is ending the company's 2020 exploratory 2-rig drilling program.

DHSS Commissioner Adam Crum said in a statement Tuesday night that the confirmed case on the North Slope is an Alaskan resident who had recently traveled out of state.

According to Crum, the individual returned to Alaska prior to the March 23 statewide mandate requiring anyone traveling into Alaska from out of state to undergo a 14-day quarantine. Crum says the individual traveled to the North Slope on March 25, began displaying symptoms within two days of arriving, and was tested and placed into quarantine.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ruh-Roh!

They just told all the operators arriving last week after they arrived on the Slope that they were being held there for three weeks... but now they have a real problem...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We Alaskans May see mid ‘80’s redux

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Although I don't see the Russians and Saudis enjoying this oil price either, it could be difficult times in Alaska.....ala the 80s.

Managing the Covid in a camp environment is difficult at best.......glad I'm no longer there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by VernAK
Although I don't see the Russians and Saudis enjoying this oil price either, it could be difficult times in Alaska.....ala the 80s.

Managing the Covid in a camp environment is difficult at best.......glad I'm no longer there.

Yup!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Listen to the realtor,s ads makes you think things are great! I see the housing bubble will tumble till oil prices come back.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kk alaska
Listen to the realtor,s ads makes you think things are great! I see the housing bubble will tumble till oil prices come back.

No [bleep]. Like they are living in a separate reality.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Outfit I worked for this past winter terminated all lwr 49 employees with jobs not suitable to work via the web. A bunch of the ice roads we built went unused. etc etc

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Ruh-Roh!

They just told all the operators arriving last week after they arrived on the Slope that they were being held there for three weeks... but now they have a real problem...

I see this information came from a blog.

Only a complete and utter dumbfuck would think anyone is being “ held”.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by VernAK

Yup!

Trust me when I say, they are just as glad neither of you are there.

All the guys want to be me, and all the bitches want to do me.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (300_savage, 6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 5sdad, 18 invisible), 1,600 guests, and 944 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.