Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Kamo... these boys hailed from a bit south of you, but I rekkon a man as well rounded as yourself might recognize....;)

He pulled out the jammy, and aimed it at the sky
He yelled stick em up!! And let two fly..

Hands went up and people hit the floor
He wasted two kids that ran for the door

Hmm. Doesn't ring any bells.

South? Yep, but only about by 2 hours if I'm in a hurry... wink

GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
You’re on the right path my man...
Paul Revere off the Licensed to ill album. One of the best, ever.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Blackheart
A lot of people who lived paycheck to paycheck are out of work. The unemployment systems are overloaded and many, many folks can't even get signed up. WTF do you think is going to happen ?

I don't know the answer to your question but I'd hope that even during times of adversity--and maybe moreso during these kinds of difficult times-- people would come together and be respectful and supportive and try to just persevere and maintain. But then not everyone across this nation will react the same. Some who have suddenly lost the assurance of a weekly paycheck will hunker down, tighten belts, circle the wagons, figure out how to get by and plod on. And then some will perhaps decide that things have changed and they might need to begin preying on others. We shall see soon enough, I imagine.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I live in a hilly, woody area, full of Meth and assorted other small town crime. I've got a place in the country and a place in town. I don't see much change in the country people but the townies seem stressed and on edge. I've NEVER had any problems with theft or anything at my farm. At the onset of this thing I went and got some gas. I was going to pump it off into my 1000 gallon farm tank. I hadn't used that tank in a couple of years. Somebody had tried to steal gas and left the top hole open. Now this probably didn't happen during the COVID thing, but...My kids found some tracks the other day out around my implement shed too, indicating somebody had been nosing around.

So I could see an uptick right soon here if this thing doesn't start getting better.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
A lot of people who lived paycheck to paycheck are out of work. The unemployment systems are overloaded and many, many folks can't even get signed up. WTF do you think is going to happen ?

I don't know the answer to your question but I'd hope that even during times of adversity--and maybe moreso during these kinds of difficult times-- people would come together and be respectful and supportive and try to just persevere and maintain. But then not everyone across this nation will react the same. Some who have suddenly lost the assurance of a weekly paycheck will hunker down, tighten belts, circle the wagons, figure out how to get by and plod on. And then some will perhaps decide that things have changed and they might need to begin preying on others. We shall see soon enough, I imagine.
Well they ain't going to be too friendly when the electric gets shut off and they're living in a dark house with no internet, no TV and freezing their asses off with nothing to eat.. All of that stuff takes money or it's gone.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Let's not forget strap.

I'm always strapped, with a pistol. Now is the time to start considering always bringing an AR in the vehicle.

Beginning? I have one in the car all the time. But hell this is Montana and well so doesn't the majority of others here. If not an AR some other rifle that can get the job done I would say is in 90% of the vehicles here.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

Well they ain't going to be too friendly when the electric gets shut off and they're living in a dark house with no internet, no TV and freezing their asses off with nothing to eat.. All of that stuff takes money or it's gone.

Apparently you're not familiar with how things work in the 'welfare' system in some places. No free food, free money, free housing, free utilities, free healthcare, free childcare? Whutchutalkinbout Willis?

The day the hordes of unwashed, inner city, gimmedat' masses get cut off from their goobermint supplied lifelines is the day the urban wars begin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Apparently you're not familiar with how things work in the 'welfare' system in some places. No free food, free money, free housing, free utilities, free healthcare, free childcare? Whutchutalkinbout Willis?

The day the hordes of unwashed, inner city, gimmedat' masses get cut off from their goobermint supplied lifelines is the day the urban wars begin.

Bricks become the new Master Keys of the neediest.....😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

I'm talking about working folks, not welfare. My wife and I have both been laid off from work for over two weeks now. We're both eligible for unemployment. We've both been trying to get signed up about 40 times every day with no joy so far. We have enough in savings to keep the bills paid for a few months and have a good supply of food on hand.. If we were among the 60% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck who don't have enough in savings to handle a 1000.00 emergency we'd be getting pretty damned nervous, maybe even desperate right about now.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

Try those government website at this hour?

Better not to take the shot, than to screw it up.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BD_Huntress

Try those government website at this hour?
You're only allowed to sign up from 8 AM to 7 PM. The stupid fuggs need to keep it going 24/7.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When they run out of food, is when it will turn into lord of the flys

Last edited by 79S; 03/31/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
When they run out of food, is when it will turn into lord of the flys

No doubt.....And all those who said Black Guns should only be used by the military will wish they had a few. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Around here people have been polite and thoughtful. I’ve been impressed by the decency I’ve seen but I live in the country, a small island actually but I drive to the “mainland” everyday and I haven’t encountered any rude or unusually obnoxious people....luckily.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

I'm talking about working folks, not welfare. My wife and I have both been laid off from work for over two weeks now. We're both eligible for unemployment. We've both been trying to get signed up about 40 times every day with no joy so far. We have enough in savings to keep the bills paid for a few months and have a good supply of food on hand.. If we were among the 60% of Americans living paycheck to paycheck who don't have enough in savings to handle a 1000.00 emergency we'd be getting pretty damned nervous, maybe even desperate right about now.

I understand what you're saying. I was responding to your comment about electricity and heat being shut off. The projects denizens won't have to worry about such things, even while working families will begin to struggle as a result of loss of income. Trust me, I understand how things can--and indeed have-- changed dramatically just in the last few weeks for many of us. My wife, who in a good year pulls in $120K+, has been for the last month and will for the foreseeable future be totally unemployed...

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Bricks become the new Master Keys of the neediest.....😎

Fact. On the flip side, 12 bores stoked with #4 buckshot become the new 'Vamonos Pest' in a can...

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Food for thought gari. Not seeing the anxiety here in the fly over ...yet.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Nothing here. ABC store been packed.
Im curious what it's doing to the black market. No way to track, but all those restaurant workers out of money..... worked restaurants when I was a kid, and EVERBODY partied. I bet pot sales are way down, til that $1200 check hits. Bet a lot of that never sees the legal economy.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I bet pot sales are way down, til that $1200 check hits. Bet a lot of that never sees the legal economy.

Baker says reopening recreational marijuana shops amid coronavirus outbreak is a ‘non-starter’

By Felicia Gans Globe Staff,Updated March 31, 2020, 3:48 p.m.

Governor Charlie Baker speaks during a briefing on the state's response to coronavirus in the Gardner Auditorium of the Massachusetts State House on Monday.

Despite pleas from leaders in the cannabis industry to reopen adult-use marijuana stores, Governor Charlie Baker defended his choice Tuesday to keep them closed, even while deeming medical dispensaries “essential" and allowing them to remain open.

Baker has repeatedly said his biggest concern about reopening adult-use stores is attracting hoards of out-of-state customers, which could further spread the coronavirus virus throughout Massachusetts. The governor has already asked anyone traveling to Massachusetts from out of state to self-quarantine for 14 days.

At his daily press conference Tuesday, Baker reiterated those concerns.

“There is tons of evidence that because Massachusetts is one of the few states in the Northeast that’s legalized recreational marijuana, that if we make recreational marijuana available as an essential business ... we are going to have to deal with the fact that people are going to come here from all over the place, across the Northeast, and create issues for us with respect to the fundamental issue we are trying to solve for here, which is to stop the spread,” he said. “And for that reason and that reason alone, I think this is just, it’s a non-starter with us.”

In an effort to assuage Baker’s fears about out-of-state customers, many in the cannabis industry, including cannabis Commissioner Shaleen Title, have recommended reopening adult-use marijuana stores for Massachusetts residents exclusively.

Ordered to close and excluded from federal aid, marijuana entrepreneurs staring down insolvency
Mass. marijuana regulator joins fight to allow recreational pot stores to reopen
In a letter addressed to Massachusetts state officials yesterday, more than two dozen Massachusetts cannabis operators and applicants backed that idea, writing they are “fully supportive of limiting sales to Massachusetts residents during this health crisis and will not only enforce that policy, but will do our part to educate the public about that restriction once it is enacted.”

But when asked whether he would consider that on Tuesday, Baker said he wasn’t sure that was a legal option.

“I don’t know if you can do that legally," he said. "It’s certainly something that some folks have talked about.”

But some in the industry already argue that such a move would be legal, pointing to policies in Colorado that initially restricted non-residents to smaller purchase limits than residents. Jordan Wellington, vice president of policy for the consulting arm of national cannabis law firm Vicente Sederberg, said the example in Colorado “provides important insight into this matter.”

“As far as Massachusetts is concerned, it is hard to imagine a more substantial reason or legitimate end than preventing the spread of the corona virus [sic],” Wellington wrote in a memo Tuesday.

Marijuana entrepreneurs have expressed concerns that if they’re forced to remain closed for the foreseeable future, they may not be able to dig out of the hole financially and reopen.

State Representative Chynah Tyler filed an amendment Friday in an effort to help those businesses, urging state leaders to allow adult-use marijuana stores to continue operating “in the same manner in which package [liquor] stores" are allowed to operate.

“In 2016, Massachusetts voters, through a ballot initiative, overwhelmingly voted in favor or legalizing the adult use of marijuana,” Tyler wrote in a letter to Baker, co-signed by state Representative Jay Livingstone and state Senators Nick Collins and Joseph Boncore. “Regulations were put in place to treat this newly legalized product similar to alcoholic beverages. We have a responsibility to ensure that this equity is upheld during these unprecedented times.”

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm not getting out enough to see any increased "shytheadery". I don't think it's happening much around here. I have driven to a pharmacy to pick up an RX through the drive through...there was MUCH less traffic on the roads, especially the interstate. Wife has picked up groceries a couple of times and very few people are out. Most folks around here are pretty considerate.

There are plenty of low life's who'll steal anything they can get their hands on but I think there's going to be a major decrease in theft right now in our area as a lot of people aren't leaving for work everyday like normal.....if folks are home it's much harder to steal the atv, mower, tractor equipment, etc

Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Let's not forget strap.

I'm always strapped, with a pistol. Now is the time to start considering always bringing an AR in the vehicle.

My main vehicle has an AR that's been living in it for as far back as I can remember. It's for coyotes but I guess it might work for other stuff.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (5sdad, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 26 invisible), 1,913 guests, and 1,004 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,499
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.