Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Gov. Whitmer reverses course on coronavirus drugs, is now asking feds for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer drew fire from some on the right after the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) sent a letter last week threatening "administrative action" against doctors who prescribed two experimental drugs that could potentially help coronavirus patients.

The Whitmer administration has since removed the language threatening doctors from the letter and is now asking the federal government to send shipments of the drugs, Bridge magazine reports. The Food and Drug Administration issued an emergency authorization for the antimalarial drugs hydroxychloroquine sulfate and chloroquine phosphate on Saturday.

Conservatives including Charlie Kirk and Rudy Guiliani accused Whitmer of risking lives to oppose President Donald Trump. In recent weeks, Whitmer and Trump have been sparring on national television over federal aid for Michigan, while Trump has touted the drugs' potential in treating COVID-19.

But apparently, Michigan's drug "ban" was all just a matter of miscommunication.

Days after LARA issued its first letter, The Detroit News published an op-ed that criticized the Whitmer administration’s prohibition of the drugs.

"Not only is our state’s top leader threatening the selfless health care workers who are on the frontline trying to save lives, but she’s denying possible life-saving medications to actual COVID-19 victims,” the op-ed said.

Some readers criticized the paper for irresponsibly advocating for untested drugs.

But Detroit News editor and publisher Gary Miles defended the column on Monday, pointing out that it revealed a miscommunication between the State Senate and the Governor.

Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey, a Clarklake Republican, told The Detroit News that he asked the governor to issue the original letter to prevent people from hoarding the drugs and thus depriving non-coronavirus patients of their medicine.

"We needed something to prevent cloroquine from becoming the next toilet paper," he told Miles. "I quickly requested of her staff that they put something out, and somehow in the translation it was prohibiting use of these drugs — and that wasn't the intent."

Shirkey told Miles he "was grateful for your article ... because it was the first thing that alerted me that it was screwed up."

On Monday, Whitmer said in a press conference that the state wants to be "nimble" and is always updating its policies.

"We want to ensure that doctors have the ability to prescribe these medicines," she said. "We also want to make sure that the people who have prescriptions that predated COVID-19 have access to the medication they need. And so all of the work that we’ve done is trying to strike that balance."

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
BP-B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Sounds like backpedaling.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gritsnfishin1

Lol, Also sounds like Trump won again.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by gritsnfishin1

Lol, Also sounds like Trump won again.

KAGA

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dem handbook lists "mis-spoke" as the primary excuse for lying. Miscommunication coupled with being nimble when caught in a lie is acceptable though.
Next step is to blame President Trump for not having the delivery of drugs yesterday. That should tie up the logic nicely.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
, told The Detroit News that he asked the governor to issue the original letter to prevent people from hoarding the drugs and thus depriving non-coronavirus patients of their medicine.

"We needed something to prevent cloroquine from becoming the next toilet paper,"

Can someone splain to me how a Prescription Drug, a drug that can only be dispensed by a licences physician, can be horded like toilet paper?

removed the language threatening doctors from the letter and is now asking the federal government to send shipments of the drugs,

Also, If MI needs the Federal Government to send shipments of this drug, why not just use the existing supply that she go gallantly protected from the hoarders.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Just another punk politician testing the waters to see what they can get away with.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Whitmer doing the crawfish shuffle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She’s a lying bitch!

And she’s not fixing the damn roads!! Like she promised!!!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by steve4102
, told The Detroit News that he asked the governor to issue the original letter to prevent people from hoarding the drugs and thus depriving non-coronavirus patients of their medicine.

"We needed something to prevent cloroquine from becoming the next toilet paper,"

Can someone splain to me how a Prescription Drug, a drug that can only be dispensed by a licences physician, can be horded like toilet paper?

removed the language threatening doctors from the letter and is now asking the federal government to send shipments of the drugs,

Also, If MI needs the Federal Government to send shipments of this drug, why not just use the existing supply that she go gallantly protected from the hoarders.

90 day supplies prescribed to family members and close friends by doctors. Its not so much hoarding I guess as docs playing favorites and taking care of their own first. Like handing out iodine pills during a nuclear disaster.

Last edited by KFWA; 04/01/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by steve4102
[quote] , told The Detroit News that he asked the governor to issue the original letter to prevent people from hoarding the drugs and thus depriving non-coronavirus patients of their medicine.

That's what I was thinking.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
WGAF about anything Gov Whitless says? She is her own worst enemy, let her run off at the mouth all she wants it just makes her look as stupid as she is. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just heard she might be Joe Biden’s running mate. If creepy Joe dies Shietmore will be president!!!! FT.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
[quote=steve4102]

That's what I was thinking.

Fools!!!! You do it the same way as you buy guns off the Internet to circumvent background che......................... Wait a minute???

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
That would be a good V.P. choice for sleepy Joe. Then the Dem Ticket would be twice as bad. Trump would have a field day with that when the debates start.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She’s in way over her head. She’s made promises she absolutely will not be able to keep unless she drives us deep into the tax hole. I despise her more than i did granholm.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by jc189
That would be a good V.P. choice for sleepy Joe. Then the Dem Ticket would be twice as bad. Trump would have a field day with that when the debates start.

Trump would be hard to debate, no matter who they threw at him.

Last edited by hanco; 04/01/20.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Michigan is getting slammed. I talked to a cousin in MIchigan a few days ago and she said that people up there are about ready to march on the governor's house bearing torches and pitchforks.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Mac84
She’s in way over her head. She’s made promises she absolutely will not be able to keep unless she drives us deep into the tax hole. I despise her more than i did granholm.

At least Granholm was hot! Witless will do the same as Granholm, wait for her to start selling Michigan's natural resources.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Michigan is getting slammed. I talked to a cousin in MIchigan a few days ago and she said that people up there are about ready to march on the governor's house bearing torches and pitchforks.

I'm originally from the UP - lots of friends and family there. None voted for her but the general sentiment across the board up there is the same. They're ready to march on Lansing.

Me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
452 members (160user, 1Longbow, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 49 invisible), 2,013 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,110
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.