Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Conservatives..............what can I do to make this better.
Democrats.............."you need to do so and so to make things better"................"you need to do everything while I sit here and bitch".

Last edited by nealglen37; 03/31/20.
BP-B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M

Demoncrats......The government will fix everything! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The following is an excerpt from a document I wrote for my young leftist cousin in LA regarding gun control:

Liberals and Conservatives

In order for you to truly understand the matter, you must first understand the difference between a Liberal and a Conservative. I am not referring to the difference between Democrats and Republicans, as the two political parties have ceased to be representative of two opposing ideologies, which represent the American People, long ago (but this is a lengthy explanation in and of itself).

Liberals believe that government action (interference is a better word) is necessary to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. Liberals believe that it is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. They believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems (Student News Daily, Conservative vs. Liberal Beliefs, (2005, 2010)). Taking this a step further Liberals believe in the government’s power over the individual and believe in the mantra “Tax and Spend” and when that doesn’t work (which it never does) they believe that the solution is to tax more and spend more. In other words, Liberals plan extensively and when their plans fail, as they inevitability do, they plan more. Liberals use emotion and coercion broadly to support their agenda. Think Big Brother in George Orwell’s novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, which we are rapidly approaching in this country.

Conservatives, on the other hand, believe in personal responsibility, limited government, free markets, individual liberty, traditional American values and a strong national defense. Conservatives believe that the role of government is to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals. Conservative policies generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems (Student News Daily, Conservative vs. Liberal Beliefs, (2005, 2010)). Taking this a step further, Conservatives believe that the duty of the government is foremost to protect our country from aggressors (both militarily and economically) and provide a climate that is conducive to economic growth, without undue regulation, onerous taxation, interference, oppression or tyranny.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Conservatives believe in conserving ideals from the Bible and the Constitution

Democrats believe high treason is in fashion and shows how "woke' they are.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
This Covid thing has, very clearly, exposed the fire members that declare themselves Conservative.

And chicken out, as soon as it's time ta *be* Conservative.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m saving that. I like it!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fubarski
This Covid thing has, very clearly, exposed the fire members that declare themselves Conservative.And chicken out, as soon as it's time ta *be* Conservative.
Every "conservative" small business owner I know is trying to figure out how to get as much of this trillion dollar bailout as possible. A bunch of conservative farmers make it on government programs. I don't really blame them for taking it but it doesn't much go along with being conservative.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Tag

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
This Covid thing has, very clearly, exposed the fire members that declare themselves Conservative.And chicken out, as soon as it's time ta *be* Conservative.
Every "conservative" small business owner I know is trying to figure out how to get as much of this trillion dollar bailout as possible. A bunch of conservative farmers make it on government programs. I don't really blame them for taking it but it doesn't much go along with being conservative.

Good post. I get a good laugh listening to some of these high and mighty "Conservatives" telling us how it's only Democrats that a
take advantage of free chit, and how a real "Conservative" would never get all panicky.

Two things here...........Covid 19 is real, and it's killing people, both liberals and conservatives. You need to take precautions, and pay attention to what's going on.

Secondly......just throw out some free money, or some low interest loans, and there'll be just as many Republicans after it as there will be Democrats. We're all humans, regardless of our politics, and being human means that we all like money.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Good post. I get a good laugh listening to some of these high and mighty "Conservatives" telling us how it's only Democrats that a
take advantage of free chit, and how a real "Conservative" would never get all panicky.

Two things here...........Covid 19 is real, and it's killing people, both liberals and conservatives. You need to take precautions, and pay attention to what's going on.

Secondly......just throw out some free money, or some low interest loans, and there'll be just as many Republicans after it as there will be Democrats. We're all humans, regardless of our politics, and being human means that we all like money.

Well thank you Mr. and Mrs. know it all. You sure have all the answers, which are you, conservative or liberal?

Pay attention to how farmers and ranchers do business and then see how those gifts from the government work. If you own a store and someone comes in to buy your goods, you say “that will be $12.00” or whatever the cost is for that product. When a farmer goes to the grain terminal to sell his wheat, he says “what will you give me today?” The rancher gets the same treatment at the stock sale.

Show me how “free enterprise” works in agriculture and I will show you no subsidies.

As to being conservative and human and liking money, show me how you can survive without money. It isn’t that you like money, you just can’t exist without it.

What a dogpile this site is, see how much you can criticize every other person that doesn’t think like you.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
IC B3

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We are watching the government lock down people with ease.

Do we have the right to peacefully assemble or not? Right now, the answer is no. Before anyone explains, I get the why.

The fear I have is this. There are people out there, bad people, who look at how easy this was to do and see other opportunities.

There has never been a more important time to have a 2nd Amend.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mr HitnRun: Sir, I take the USDA program money myself to a small extent. But it is not a very Conservative thing to do and has in the long run done a lot to move the small operator off the land. By the way if you own a store you can set your price at what ever you please but if your price is more than the next store, guess what.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by RAS
We are watching the government lock down people with ease.

Do we have the right to peacefully assemble or not? Right now, the answer is no. Before anyone explains, I get the why.

The fear I have is this. There are people out there, bad people, who look at how easy this was to do and see other opportunities.

There has never been a more important time to have a 2nd Amend.

Spot on. There are people learning something from this exercise, on every side.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by szihn
Conservatives believe in conserving ideals from the Bible and the Constitution

Democrats believe high treason is in fashion and shows how "woke' they are.

You don't need the Bible to be conservative.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
I see no problem with taking government handouts, but opposing them in principal. I would take "free' money as well. However, I would use this analogy. I am trapped on a deserted I am stranded with five other people. We have five cans of food, but each can is a different group. I lobby the group by saying 'lets open one can per day, so it lasts longer". I am out voted by the other members of my group as they want to open all cans at once, to have some verity. Although I thinks it's a bad idea, I'm still eating out of all the cans on our one banquet day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have always preferred the terms Liberal and Conservative, rather than Democrat and Republican. Anyway, having said that, there are two local very well known families here that I'll use as a good example.

Family number one are some of the best people I've ever known. They are Christians, and it is reflected on their everyday lives. They know how to make money, and how to hold on to it. They are about as a conservative bunch of people as I've ever known, and are huge Trump supporters. They are very well respected in the community.

Family number two are some of the most lowdown bastids as you will find. They will hook you, crook you, and screw you any way they can. There are places that they can't set foot into, because they've either run up and bill there and never paid it, or else they've made a pass at some woman there, and can't go back. They're also the butt of jokes locally because of their behavior. They're also Trump voters.

In case you're interested, family number one are registered as Democrats, number two are Republicans. One's political affiliation has nothing to do with the kind of person they are...............instead, it is the kind of person they are, that matters.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's not quite that simple. Every conservative has been forced to participate in the collective , whether it is social security or outrageous tax's.
Business owners are treated like an ATM machine by local and federal government, they pay and pay and pay some more. Now the wheels are falling off the collective .... main st. has never got bail outs before, this time may be different, many may need to take it simply to survive and provide jobs.
Keeping people on the payroll when you have no cash flow is a noble and good thing and many business owners will do just that. I am keeping my employee's working and have ceased taking pay for myself.

Are people collecting social security on the "dole"? if they paid in for a lifetime , no they are not!

Not quite black & white....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I have always preferred the terms Liberal and Conservative, rather than Democrat and Republican. Anyway, having said that, there are two local very well known families here that I'll use as a good example.

Family number one are some of the best people I've ever known. They are Christians, and it is reflected on their everyday lives. They know how to make money, and how to hold on to it. They are about as a conservative bunch of people as I've ever known, and are huge Trump supporters. They are very well respected in the community.

Family number two are some of the most lowdown bastids as you will find. They will hook you, crook you, and screw you any way they can. There are places that they can't set foot into, because they've either run up and bill there and never paid it, or else they've made a pass at some woman there, and can't go back. They're also the butt of jokes locally because of their behavior. They're also Trump voters.

In case you're interested, family number one are registered as Democrats, number two are Republicans. One's political affiliation has nothing to do with the kind of person they are...............instead, it is the kind of person they are, that matters.

Yeah and I saw a rat eat another rat and everyone knows rats are vegetarians. You are a Moron.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Conservatives say “can,” usually preceded by “I.”

Liberals say “should,” usually preceded by “you.”

A lot.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
399 members (280shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1_deuce, 51 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,590
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.