Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
We have two condos at Myrtle Beach that we sold[owner finance], buyer can't pay anything right now.
This is going to be tough on many folk for a good while.

FJB & FJT
BP-B2

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JeffA
I sent out notice to my MT. residential and commercial property tenants waiving the rents until future notice a couple weeks ago.
Property's are paid for, taxes and insurances are pretty much covered with the first 3 months of the year rents. I have some of the best long term tenants a guy could ever wish for...it's a long term thing for me.

I received some predictable as well as un-predicted responses to my notice.

But now there is this.......

Montana to Ban Evictions, Utility Shutoffs Amid Virus Order

MAR 31, 2020
Residents will be protected from eviction while the state's stay-at-home order is in place due to the coronavirus pandemic

https://flatheadbeacon.com/2020/03/31/montana-ban-evictions-utility-shutoffs-amid-virus-order/

For some reason I'm letting this pizz me off, how can he force property owners to let people occupy their properties for free?
I'm really not sure why it's pizzin' me off but it is....

No kidding, are they waiving property taxes?

Arcus Venator
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Maybe after all this is all over more people will join the Dave Ramsey club and stop buying things on debt and save up an emergency fund. So glad I got on that wagon 3 years ago.

Guessing that by the time this is over in a couple months there's gonna be an all time high of how much people are owing credit card companies.

Ramsey rubs some the wrong way for sure, but his principles are sound. These are the times that his 6 month emergency fund are for.

Scary just how many people live on a paycheck to paycheck budget. And because of this we as a country just dropped 6 trillion on a bailout.

Black Cows Matter!
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
Wish the fireworks stores were considered essential business.

Damn neighbors are eating up too much bandwidth for Netflix.

Bored as hell.

Lol

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The best lessee one could ever hope for paid their rent money for April. They've never been late on a payment since 1978. A couple of the others don't have or won't pay their rent because of the China virus. This is a tough deal for everyone and so tough that some won't survive in more ways than one. I'm sure glad the only one who I owe rent to is the government.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kennyd
loaded with cops. Were they expecting things to explode?

Almost certainly there will be ch1mp-outs soon. They are starting in earnest in France but theirs have had less of the jungle socialized out of them than ours.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You know it

Next few short weeks, temps get warm and it will be
“Burn dis beetch down”

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I know my tenants are working, so they have no excuse.

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't deal in the midst of this virus stuff. No rent money coming in regardless if you let them stay or evict and not likely to have any new qualified renter applicants until after this crap settles down. Could get pretty ugly for landlords too if they evict renters during this and the news media gets wind of it.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Looters are getting ready, Ny, GA, CA.....it usually gets wild a dirty down there. Guns are ammo ready for anyone trying to act smart....I hope all the anti gun people see the value of the 2A now.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LOTS of folks aren’t going to be paying rent anytime soon. The restaurant/service industry employs a massive number of people and most likely live check to check or have minimal savings.

It’s literally a buy food or pay rent scenario.

In this case, it’s a schit flows uphill scenario as landlords may be mortgaged to their eyeballs with a bank breathing down their neck and no more income from tenants.

Most schitbirds that collect gov money as a way of life won’t be affected nearly as bad. They already have the free money and food programs dialed in.

Not many getting out of this without bearing a scar or two.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son and daughter both live in houses I own and they rent from me. I told them both not to worry about paying rent until this Chinese virus problem is past. Son and his wife have a 5 month old baby, both are off work for 30 days. Son in law also laid off by the auto dealership he works at for an undetermined period. I'm only glad I can relieve a little of the pressure for them.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OrangeDiablo

Some of mine are, some aren't. Some are getting paid for NOT working. e.g: .gov, city jobs, etc.

I'm trying to be flexible on a case by case basis. But, I hate liars that are trying to take advantage of the current situation. Those will be dealt with swiftly and decisively when this smoke clears.

In the meantime, I encourage everyone to be safe and know that this will come to an end sooner, rather than later.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Some of mine are, some aren't. Some are getting paid for NOT working. e.g: .gov, city jobs, etc.

I'm trying to be flexible on a case by case basis. But, I hate liars that are trying to take advantage of the current situation. Those will be dealt with swiftly and decisively when this smoke clears.

In the meantime, I encourage everyone to be safe and know that this will come to an end sooner, rather than later.

Two are nurses, one works in a lab. Good luck trying to take advantage of that...

I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by splattermatic
1 of my renters can't pay last months, and isn't gonna be able to this month.
Been a good guy for over 3 years, so I'm not worried. He'll make it up.

Some will. Some won't. When you've been doing it a while, you pretty well know the ones that wlll.. just like you know the ones that won't.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My houses are paid for, but I still like to get paid. lol

One of my gals writes loans, and they move her between 1/2 dozen banks. I feel ok about her.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by joken2

Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't deal in the midst of this virus stuff. No rent money coming in regardless if you let them stay or evict and not likely to have any new qualified renter applicants until after this crap settles down. Could get pretty ugly for landlords too if they evict renters during this and the news media gets wind of it.

There are no evictions right now, at least where I'm located. The courts are shut down.

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Two are nurses, one works in a lab. Good luck trying to take advantage of that...

You obviously skimmed what I wrote and have no clue what i said..

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I’m glad I don’t have the Olive Garden girl anymore. Especially now. Jeeeze

Even when things were good, she was always trying to pay me with 1s, 5s, 10, nickels, etc.
Sweetheart don’t you have a checking acct no more?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
238 members (300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,926
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.