Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Bring your own bench only way I can see around that.

All the shooting around you isn't an issue, but the vibration on the bench is.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
BP-B6

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I’m very lucky to have a great private club and since I live in the middle of nowhere...it’s almost always empty.

I’ve gotten to the point that if I drive by and the gate is open...I drive past. I don’t like shooting with or near people...I enjoy the solitude too much

GOD Bless America
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Last year I just missed the goof of all goofs. I found pieces of an exploded Remington bolt action. It looked like one of the cheap ones they sell at Walmart with a scope. I don't know what happened, but I didn't see any blood, so I'd say he kept his fingers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by moosemike
My gun club is being sued right now. An idiot club member shot the neighbors German Shepherd right out of their backyard. SMH

Purposely shot the dog ?

Now theres one good reason that someone should loose their right to own a gun/weapon of anykind....plus he should be de-nutted by the dogs owner.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Agree .....

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by reivertom
Last year I just missed the goof of all goofs. I found pieces of an exploded Remington bolt action. It looked like one of the cheap ones they sell at Walmart with a scope. I don't know what happened, but I didn't see any blood, so I'd say he kept his fingers.

Probably just a rem 700 bolt laying on the ground. I see those every once in a while too.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Not easy to blow up a 700 and the kind of guy shooting a Walmart adl isn’t your typical handloading type

I found portions of a 03 one time. Was from a couple years prior I guess and a guy had one let go and legend has it he didn’t even so much as chip a nail...got very lucky. Known problem serial number range too...no idea why he had it out. Again wasn’t there and don’t know the guy

Last edited by Quak; 03/26/20.

GOD Bless America
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Last time I went to the public range in the National Forest many years ago I was almost shot and almost shot someone. I was there with a friend sighting in some guns and there were three others at the range shooting also. We all paused for a little while and asked for an all clear to check targets. Everyone called all clear and set their guns down. We proceeded to the 100 yd targets to put up nee ones and check the old ones. The guy on the far right was only shooting at 25 yds so got back to the bench first. By now you have probably guessed what he did next, yep he started shooting at his target while we were still down range. There were 2 still at the 100 yd targets and my friend and I had made it back almost to the 25 yard line. We all dropped prone and started screaming at him. My friend and I had already drawn our pistols and told him we would shoot his dumb ass if he didn’t stop immediately. He didn’t think he did anything wrong since he said we were not next to his lane! I have never been back

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by muffin
Saw a scope mounted 90degrees off......... he had a hell of a time getting on paper.........

I helped him get it sighted in...

Should I have told him that the lefty/righty knob was now the uppy/downy knob?????

And another one FIRE-turn a knob, FIRE-turn a knob, FIRE-turn a knob............

Or the one that couldn't get on paper at 25 yards.................

And then the one that said my chrony was broken............. 'cause the box said velocity was 2450 and the chrony had all different numbers..................

I recall pictures of Phil Shoemaker (I'm pretty sure) doing that with his rifle. Just got to remember what you're doing.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Called cease fire at the 100 yd range to check and place targets, Old gent with his grandson decides this little intermission was a good time to have his grandson wing some clays out of a hand thrower while everyone was down range. Everyone was like WTF are you doing, didn't phase him, said it was ok , he wasn't shooting at us, he was shooting over our heads, everybody calm down, he knew what he was doing. He was told to leave while he was still alive. Guy had been a member for decades..

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Saw a scope mounted 90degrees off......... he had a hell of a time getting on paper.........

Should I have told him that the lefty/righty knob was now the uppy/downy knob?????

And another one FIRE-turn a knob, FIRE-turn a knob, FIRE-turn a knob............

And then the one that said my chrony was broken............. 'cause the box said velocity was 2450 and the chrony had all different numbers..................

I recall pictures of Phil Shoemaker (I'm pretty sure) doing that with his rifle. Just got to remember what you're doing.

I have a Leupold 3x on an 84M, 338Fed with X-low talleys.......turning the scope 90 degrees provides better access to the loading port. If that seems to present a
sight-in problem for some, they should go back to buckhorn sights........but then I see shooters that can't adjust iron sights either.

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by VernAK

I have a Leupold 3x on an 84M, 338Fed with X-low talleys.......turning the scope 90 degrees provides better access to the loading port. If that seems to present a
sight-in problem for some, they should go back to buckhorn sights........but then I see shooters that can't adjust iron sights either.

smile but but but up & down & left & right would be off by 1/4 ?? right ??? smile

Like people who won't own a CZ 452/455/527 rifle due too the '''backwards''' safety , sure hope those folks never got/get behind the wheel of a vehicle with a 3 on the column shift set-up .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ever got peeved at gun range goofs?

Is the Pope catholic?

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VernAK

When I first read the story of Phil's .458 and the 90 degree rotated Leupold 2.5 compact, it made perfect sense. It really does provide better access to shoving a couple more rounds in there if the first volley didn't do the job.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I shoot at deer lease for that very reason

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Not too long ago I had an incident involving a citizen who called the range cold. He turned around and walked down range. I tried to explain, yelling at that I had a malfunctioning loaded gun. I was totally ignored. When he got back it was loudly explained how inappropriate he was behaving. He explained that it was possible to take this loaded firearm off the pad into the parking lot. That done it. One more loud round explaining how he was mentally challenged. He apologized. I did likewise as my point was made some what inappropriately.

In another incident a citizen blew up, literally, a custom smokeless powder muzzle loader. Parts of the gun dented the cover. He was uninjured. That incident went viral. Result was smokeless firearms of this kind were banned from the club. He was using a very heavy charge of an IMR powder.

Last edited by Roundball1; 04/01/20.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
6 pages of one reason my wife and I have always owned our own land, so I had my own range. I know that isn't possible for everyone but, it is a matter of choices.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have my own range.

Here is my Daughter using it.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

grin 4-1-20

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I joined a range when I worked and lived out of town during the week. It had a lot of members and a lot of users. I found the best times to adjust a scope or for load development was to be there and set up before dawn. You could start as soon as there was enough light, take your time, and the only company was a deer that would appear to get in front of the targets.

I could get a couple of hours of shooting and be at work usually on time. I can make much better adjustments when I don’t have to worry about what someone else is doing. And 2 hours is about my limit.

My target range now is on my farm. Even better except the grounds keeper doesn’t do as good. He is always off shooting.

Last edited by JustLucky; 04/10/20. Reason: Correction

2 b 1 ask 1 !
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Heard one guy tell another guy his 35 Rem kicked twice as hard as his 300 Win.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,962 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,669
Posts18,399,403
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.