Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
U
UPhiker Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
U
I know there's still some at retailers, but I just checked a major distributor and they are out of stock of even rounds like 10mm, 357Sig and 40 S&W.

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A week before it all really hit - I was at Cabela's - first thing off the shelf was 9mm.

Depleted but not gone 223

45 ACP was full.

45 Colt and other "revolver" cartridges were all in fat supply.

Nother reason to have a wheel gun.

Me

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Rogers sporting goods has a bunch of 9mm fmj ammo. Prices are not great, but they do have free shipping.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lone wolf
Rogers sporting goods has a bunch of 9mm fmj ammo. Prices are not great, but they do have free shipping.

$275/1000 is worse than not great.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
If you can find 9mm any cheaper, let me know. Being an election year and this dam virus, I think prices will only go up from here. Take a look on gunbroker prices are crazy over there, and it is selling. I hope I'm wrong on this... I have a good stock pile, but always looking to add.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I take no joy in being the prophet of doom, but...

I think this latest scare will keep demand up for a couple months after the quarantine is over--people who couldn't get ammo will buy it when it comes back in stock, keeping shelves empty for awhile.

Then, as the election heats up, demand will increase out of fear that a Dem will get elected, especially since all the Dem's are preaching MAJOR gun restrictions.

If the Dem does get elected (God help us), demand will go off the charts. For the first year following the election, I predict you'll see insane prices. 9mm will be $20/box of 50 cartridges. A case of 1000 .223/5.56 will be $500+. .22lr will be 10 cents per round or higher. It won't be pretty. I've always turned my nose up at the notion of handloading for 9mm, but...my Dillon conversion kit is scheduled to arrive on Friday.

People bitch about "hoarders" during these times of shortage, but they refuse to stock up when there are supplies on the shelves. If every registered member on this site doesn't have everything they think they need by now, I feel no pity for them. If you think you need 25,000 rds of .22lr you should have bought it when it was 3 cents per round. 9mm metal case ammo could have been had for $6.50/box just 60 days ago, etc.

If you want to be able to handload anything for the next 10 years, you best get your components now before prices go up astronomically, and while you can get stuff at all (remember the primer shortage from a few years ago?) We may not see another Republican president for who knows how long. If the Dems get control of both houses too...I don't even want to think what will happen to firearms and ammo.

If you want it, buy it now.

Good luck to us all.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
For those that have been in the shooting and hunting sport for 10 or more years, and are short on ammo or reloading supplies, shame on you.

NRA Patron
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
I really have lots of 22lr ammo, and 45 auto and 9mm.. The only 9 I have is a Ruger 1911 model.. Only use it for plinking.. My revolvers are my main stay.. I have lots of ammo loaded and more ready to load... Before the virus, we didn't travel to heavily populated places anymore, I always keep three or four revolves handy in the cab and my wife a couple more.. Plus we keep and ar and 870 with an extended magazine in the truck also.. Then my hunting weapons are stashed around.. While autos seem to be the thing, I have shot revolves for 50 + years, I have faith in them that does not extend to autos.. I also live in quiet area, and a quiet state...

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dale06
For those that have been in the shooting and hunting sport for 10 or more years, and are short on ammo or reloading supplies, shame on you.

Think if you'd geared up for the last 15 years.. and then gaze at my avatar. grin

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bass pro has Herters ( Winchester ) in stock. $85/500. Free shipping

With tax. $.18 / rd to me.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
scratch that.

Just got email saying it is backordered. Why the fug not jsut say that to start with?

Damn you Johnny Morris!

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
scratch that.

Just got email saying it is backordered. Why the fug not jsut say that to start with?

Damn you Johnny Morris!

$275/1000 is starting to look like a doable heifer at last call....Grins! 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haha. No doubt. Maybe last last call. When the lights are cut on, but you say fug it anyway. 😆

I stocked up when the Walmart’s was getting rid of the evil ammo.

For now, I’ll break into my steel case hoard.

P365’s don’t mind.

Last edited by BigDave39355; 04/02/20.

Dave

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

FJB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A member made a pretty funny post recently...He said something similar “With all the stock piled ammo i have acquired”. “I’ll probably only get off one full mag before getting myself shot dead”.

I’am so that guy who would make Breaking News on every local new channel with my ammo hording...But, after ready the members post above...Made me think I should have invested in a hardened shooting room. Laffin.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The only problem is that, unless you have a near warehouse full, even having a couple of thousand round cases of range 9mm isn't going to make you, in the present climate of ammo shortage, feel like you can go to the range and blast away like normal. But I guess having a couple thousand rounds makes you feel okay firing off a couple of mags full from time to time, just to remind your motor memory of the skills you've spent a lifetime developing. But even then, a couple thousand rounds doesn't sound like nearly so much as it did just a month ago.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Indeed, that's why I snagged a not-insignificant number of .22LR even though I had an acceptable stash. Sure, it's not the same as shooting a CF but it keeps everyone is decent form. I hope.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Waders

Why do folks wait till they get low or run out?
Whose fault is it?

We’ve been thru several ‘fear’ or ‘panic’ situations, some DON’T learn.
I’ll stop here or I’ll go into Rant mode.

Suffice it to say, I’m not in panic mode. I can only thank myself.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The only problem is that, unless you have a near warehouse full, even having a couple of thousand round cases of range 9mm isn't going to make you, in the present climate of ammo shortage, feel like you can go to the range and blast away like normal. But I guess having a couple thousand rounds makes you feel okay firing off a couple of mags full from time to time, just to remind your motor memory of the skills you've spent a lifetime developing. But even then, a couple thousand rounds doesn't sound like nearly so much as it did just a month ago.

That’s my thinking. Just to replace what you shoot know.

I don’t shoot often. Buts it’s fun to shoot 500 rds an afternoon.

Dave

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
723 members (02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 88 invisible), 2,730 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,698
Posts18,399,950
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.