Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Kellywk
If I was going to develop a disease to wipe out my enemy I probably wouldn’t pick something that takes weeks to kill, but maybe that’s just me

see in six months where we are at. Pretty good job on our economy and Europe's economy for a highly contagious but simple flu virus.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a conspiracy! This thread is a bald attempt to bump tinfoil stocks. Sell short boys!

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too busy spying on political opponents....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by nighthawk
It's a conspiracy! This thread is a bald attempt to bump tinfoil stocks. Sell short boys!

Market's going down because of my Post? lol

I forgot Chinese have always been a close ally and fair trading partner....

Last edited by ribka; 04/01/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I likes my bat blue... Smother it in onions...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ever 7 to 10 years this kind of crap happens and comes out of the asia countries, mostly china. It will happen again in 2027-2030.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by ribka
How in heck did they miss this wuhan virus threat? It really appears to be biological terrorism. I guess the deep state had other priorities.

Just like 9/11 again.....

They were much too busy with other pressing matters.

Like trying to remove Trump. whistle

This ^^^^

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Terryk
The gave senators heads up for stock trading.

What a load of horse crap. Based on information I read right here on this forum, I converted my 401K into stable value funds on the same day the Senators sold their stocks.

None of our three letter agencies missed anything. Our media had the story in Jan. We knew the Diamond Princess was infected on Feb 1. By the middle of Feb. we knew that Chinese imports were down to 70% over the month of Jan. We knew Chinese exports were down to 50% over the month of Jan. By mid Feb. there was concerns of factories across the globe shutting down for lack of Chinese parts.

People, like those still boarding cruise ships on Mar 7, were simply ignoring the obvious. All reports from around the world told us that Covid 19 would increase exponentially through the population of the US with the first inevitable infection.

I could see this recession coming by mid Feb. I wrote so right here. People ridiculed when I stated that this would be bigger than 9-11.

There are none so blind as those who will not see. And apparently none so prone to blame their plight on someone else.

The people of Wuhan had no warning. This plague was upon them before they had any chance to prepare. We in the USA had two months of knowledge to use in preparation. Anyone in the USA who got caught with their pants down, has no one to blame but their self.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Uhh....what should they have done differently?

You cant even get the fugging Highway Patrol to shut down a two lane with 1.5 lanes covered in dead bodies and wounded kittens.

The quarantine should have been implemented by end of January as well as the travel restrictions. No NYC and San Fran Chinese New Years celebratioins

I know Trump was called a racist for trying to implement travel ban in January.

I agree, travel bans should have been enacted much sooner.

But realistically Trump was caught politically between a rock and a hard place. His strongest base attacked him for initiating steps to control this pandemic in America. Imagine how they would have turned on him, had he done so several weeks earlier, before we could actually start tracking C 19 deaths in USA.

With over 900 deaths on Mar 31 attributed to C 19 and the rate escalating quickly, conservatives on this forum are still rabidly attacking measures put in place to slow the spread of this virus.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Uhh....what should they have done differently?

You cant even get the fugging Highway Patrol to shut down a two lane with 1.5 lanes covered in dead bodies and wounded kittens.

The quarantine should have been implemented by end of January as well as the travel restrictions. No NYC and San Fran Chinese New Years celebratioins

I know Trump was called a racist for trying to implement travel ban in January.

I agree, travel bans should have been enacted much sooner.

But realistically Trump was caught politically between a rock and a hard place. His strongest base attacked him for initiating steps to control this pandemic in America. Imagine how they would have turned on him, had he done so several weeks earlier, before we could actually start tracking C 19 deaths in USA.

With over 900 deaths on Mar 31 attributed to C 19 and the rate escalating quickly, conservatives on this forum are still rabidly attacking measures put in place to slow the spread of this virus.

And he was being attacked from the left for being a "racist".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
How much do we spend on the CIA, DIA, FBI, NSA....every year?

They all have many assists in China

Seems again like a total clusterfluk or intentional malfeasance or maybe just bored again lol

NEVER, underestimate the incompetence of a Civil Servant....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It wasn't missed, it was ignored. We used to have Pandemic Response Team. Their job was to monitor Pandemics and develop plans to protect the US from them. The team sent Trump a report in 2016 between the election and before he took office advising him of their work and to warn of what they considered an impending Pandemic in the near future.

In 2018 they sent another report to Trump with more details and advising the administration to begin stockpiling equipment and make plans to defend against a Pandemic. Trump decided the team was an Obama Deep State team trying to make the Trump administration look bad. He fired everyone working on the team and closed the office instead of acting on their recommendation.

Trump was advised again in 2019 by other intelligence agencies of an impending Pandemic. Everyone in the world knew by December of last year that this was coming. Yet it is 3 1/2 months later before the USA even begins to gather the protective gear and testing equipment.

If testing had been available 2 months ago we could have identified who had CV19 and who did not. Catching it early would have allowed us to quarantine only those with CV19 and allow everyone else to continue with a normal life. As it is now we can only test a tiny fraction of people and then only those showing symptoms. As a result we now have to assume everyone has it .

We are testing a lot of people now, but the number of tests per capita is among the lowest in the world. In South Korea and Germany they started testing everyone as soon as this started and those countries have not had nearly the problems we have had. By the time this is over we will be hit the hardest and suffer the most economically. Due to poor leadership at the top.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by JMR40

If testing had been available 2 months ago we could have identified who had CV19 and who did not. Catching it early would have allowed us to quarantine only those with CV19 and allow everyone else to continue with a normal life. As it is now we can only test a tiny fraction of people and then only those showing symptoms. As a result we now have to assume everyone has it .

This is a fallacy. The Rt-QPCR test that was/is most used has a fairly high false negative rate. You can't "clear" a person with a single test.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This will be over very soon. The swamp creatures are starting move again. Schiff wants to start another investigation. The sole purpose is to dust up the trail. Schiff doesn’t want to be exposed for missing the Chinese attempt to collapse the economy.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
490 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 45 invisible), 2,198 guests, and 1,008 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,171
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.