Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I ordered 767-919-060 rivetless extractor from Brownells and when I installed it is very louse and moves around.
Then I saw they had part number 767-919-060WB and I am thinking I should have got this one. I think the WB
stands for Wide Bace and it should fit tight in the bolt face?

Has any of you dealt with this before? It is for a XP-100 action and the bolt face is for a .233

Thanks

Tracy

It is not about what you kill, it is about the hunt....
BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If you ordered it from Brownell's you didn't get the correct one. Didn't look up your PN but guessing/betting it is for the new style rivetless? The first 721/722 and small bolt face early 700's/XP were both "rivetless" but completely different in how they look. They WILL NOT interchange. Go to fleabay and type in 721 and or 722 extractor. There is one listed cheaper than the rest that says 223 size with rivet. Except it is a rivet for the later than you want item. Don't know if new or used but from the somewhat crappy pic it looks ok. You need one that looks like the one in this link although it is for a magnum. The small, standard and magnum back then all 'looked' the same.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Remington-721-Magnum-Extractor-J-537/233462314899?hash=item365b703793:g:QhgAAOSwqxddO1gA

Can't make the link live?

Also if/when you find one be very very careful installing it. They are real easy to bend too much and then not function, especially the small ones! I take the ejector out and then carefully insert one end and hook something into the hole/s and slowly work it in. Clamp the darn bolt in a vise so you can use both hands on extractor and not one holding the bolt. When all done you will have the ejector between the ends. Look it over good before you try installing it to make sure there are no burrs. Then be gentle when sliding bolt up on a case until you know for sure everything has set in to the right place. Nothing sucks more than ruining an expensive hard to find part!!!!!!!

Last edited by SDWhirlwind; 04/01/20.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SDWhirlwind
If you ordered it from Brownell's you didn't get the correct one. Didn't look up your PN but guessing/betting it is for the new style rivetless? The first 721/722 and small bolt face early 700's/XP were both "rivetless" but completely different in how they look. They WILL NOT interchange. Go to fleabay and type in 721 and or 722 extractor. There is one listed cheaper than the rest that says 223 size with rivet. Except it is a rivet for the later than you want item. Don't know if new or used but from the somewhat crappy pic it looks ok. You need one that looks like the one in this link although it is for a magnum. The small, standard and magnum back then all 'looked' the same.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Remington-721-Magnum-Extractor-J-537/233462314899?hash=item365b703793:g:QhgAAOSwqxddO1gA

Can't make the link live?

Also if/when you find one be very very careful installing it. They are real easy to bend too much and then not function, especially the small ones! I take the ejector out and then carefully insert one end and hook something into the hole/s and slowly work it in. Clamp the darn bolt in a vise so you can use both hands on extractor and not one holding the bolt. When all done you will have the ejector between the ends. Look it over good before you try installing it to make sure there are no burrs. Then be gentle when sliding bolt up on a case until you know for sure everything has set in to the right place. Nothing sucks more than ruining an expensive hard to find part!!!!!!!

Thanks I will take a look and see what they have

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
For $75.00 I would install a AR15 or Sako extractor and never look back on trying to find another one

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
gemby58
Is that price for prepped bolt and extractor installed.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by LouisB
gemby58
Is that price for prepped bolt and extractor installed.

I looked the link up on Ebay the price of the extractor was $79 shipped, for that price I would go to a AR extractor, I got surplus AR extractors for $7.00 each

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I use to charge $105 for a Sako install around $85 for the AR

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The only reason I posted that particular listing was the photo showed clearly what the 721/722 extractor looks like vs the newer rivetless model. Yes, the price of that one is ridiculous.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The only reason I posted that particular listing was the photo showed clearly what the 721/722 extractor looks like vs the newer rivetless model. Yes, the price of that one is ridiculous.

I know, I'm just saying going to a AR extractor is a no brainer as the Remington extractor is only going to get harder to get which they are already the AR extractor can be replaced in 2 minutes if breaks and can be found everywhere.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gemby58
For $75.00 I would install a AR15 or Sako extractor and never look back on trying to find another one

Sounds like this may be the plan, thanks to all that replied.

gemby58 I sent you a PM

IC B3

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Install a .378" bolt face riveted extractor(available from Brownells)correctly in that XP bolt nose & DO NOT bastardize it eliminating the 3 rings of steel design.

Keep'em in the X ring,
Dan

www.accu-tig.com
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I agree with Dan 100%

Or you could just sell the whole project as is.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dans40X
Install a .378" bolt face riveted extractor(available from Brownells)correctly in that XP bolt nose & DO NOT bastardize it eliminating the 3 rings of steel design.

That is what I tried but it does not have holes for the rivet, it takes a rivetless extractor. Unless your telling me that the 378" bolt face riveted extractor
will work with out using the rivets?

Tracy

Last edited by nimrodtracy; 04/03/20.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Brownells says its the correct part but it is not so I am retuning it. Also this bolt head does not have rivet holes so it does not use the one suggested above.

Who in this group can or knows who can install a Sako or the AR-15 type extractor at a reasonable price?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Gre tan is well known. Explain problem ship the bolt he probably fix the remington extractor too if thats what you would rather do.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy
Brownells says its the correct part but it is not so I am retuning it. Also this bolt head does not have rivet holes so it does not use the one suggested above.

Who in this group can or knows who can install a Sako or the AR-15 type extractor at a reasonable price?

What Dan is suggesting is to drill a hole for the riveted type. Don't know how much different the bolt nose relief for the riveted type is but I would bet Dan could do it!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy

What Dan is suggesting is to drill a hole for the riveted type. Don't know how much different the bolt nose relief for the riveted type is but I would bet Dan could do it!

Not as easy to just drill a hole for the rivet, you also have to do a counter sink for the rivet to fit inside the bolt nose, as the rivet has a cone so the rivet can fit inside and fit flush. I have done it but wont anymore.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by DCR48
Gre tan is well known. Explain problem ship the bolt he probably fix the remington extractor too if thats what you would rather do.

Key word in his post (reasonable price), going price for AR and Sako extractors are $140 to $175, I use to do AR extractors for $75.00, thats what he is looking for, but i dont do it anymore at that price. I had a Bridgeport mill set up just for this work but the need or want for it now died down so better to use that mill for other work.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
OP,
Purchase a PT&G Remington .698" diameter XP/Seven bolt w/ the face & extractor cut you desire.
Done
No Rocket Science involved!

Keep'em in the X ring,
Dan

www.accu-tig.com
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dans40X
OP,
Purchase a PT&G Remington .698" diameter XP/Seven bolt w/ the face & extractor cut you desire.
Done
No Rocket Science involved!

Yes it does seam like a good idea but then if the head space is not the same you have another problem,

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
642 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 55 invisible), 2,882 guests, and 1,204 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,149
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.