Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Opinions are Like Azzholes...

Beware, when asking for product information on an Internet forum!! If you only want responses from people who have actually used a specific item, you're out of luck. Everyone wants to get into the act.

I always have more respect for someone who backs up his evaluation with evidence gleaned from actual use. It used to be called, "reasons with supporting evidence". I don't appreciate second or third hand opinions told by a friend or overheard at the range. No one really does. It's hearsay. I don't like it when someone posts that they haven't used it, but it was built by Manufacturer X, so it must be garbage. All are unsubstantiated.

I would really like to hear why you think the way you do, but explain please!

There are people who have an opinion about everything. I read a lot of those on various 6.5 CM (and other) threads here. I am trying to understand why someone who has never shot a 6.5 CM could deliver an assessment, either good or bad, about a cartridge that they have only read about. But they will tell you all about it nonetheless.

Lord knows, whether it's a cartridge, a piece of reloading equipment, or a new rifle, there's no shortage of opinions.

There are people who assume their opinion is the only correct one. They cannot comprehend that geography, use (competition, hunting) and game dictate the situation. State laws can be different. Game can be different. Distances can be different. I always appreciate someone who will take the time to explain their response with something that backs it up.

I do not believe there is an equipment manufacturer that produces the best of everything. I have used many die maker's products in 40 odd years of reloading and have come to like specific gear. I dislike others. Whether I like it or not, I try to explain why I feel that way. It could be seating or resizing dies, rifles, scopes, presses or priming equipment.

We all shoot various disciplines in different ways. Some guys only shoot competitively with bolt actions. Others use AR15s. Some are handgunners. Some people don't reload, while others only reload small quantities of ammunition, and only shoot a little. Others shoot a lot, cranking out large quantities for competitions, practice or varmints. There are people don't big game hunt, while others ONLY big game hunt.

And believe it or not, some people cannot buy the same equipment that you use. They might live in Europe, Africa...or Canada!

In short, your needs and experiences are probably different from those of others.

Things like, "It never worked right from the start.", "It broke after 10 minutes." or "All their products are garbage. I've never liked them." say nothing. Explain what happened. Did you follow the instructions? Was it warrantied? Did you contact them about your problem?

If you have not used a manufacturer's latest offering, please refrain from passing judgment on it. Feel free to ask questions. Try to be polite. Assume nothing.

Tell me the story. The WHOLE story.
---

“Assumptions are quick exits for lazy minds that like to graze out in the fields without bother.”
― Suzy Kassem, Rise Up and Salute the Sun: The Writings of Suzy Kassem

“The warrior knows that the world is not what it appears to be, and therefore does not make the mistake of assuming anything to be merely a logical necessity.”
― Théun Mares, Cry of the Eagle: The Toltec Teachings Volume 2

And that age old expression, "Assume makes an ass out of u and me."
- author unknown

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Opinions are like rectums, .....everyone has one!!!
"Been there, ....done that!" is now an antiquated base for reasoning!"

A stranger is a friend we haven't met.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
good post

Rob
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mornin Steve, Bill here. Couple of great days eh! Your spot on buddy & it gets sickening!!! My favourite one is the person that doesn't even read the question & gives you good long detailed answer about nothing. We need a laugh button that laughs out loud on their computer screen. Of course some kids here would abuse that all to he//. If we were in a group most of them wouldn't join for fear of humiliation. But, on here they run their mouth all the time. It gets sickening but I fear there here to stay. To too two bad. Bill out 🐾👣🇨🇦

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thanks Harv. smile

Hi Bill. It's one of the downsides to the Internets. crazy

Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your inner voice.
- Steve Jobs

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1OntarioJim, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 66 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,657
Posts18,455,635
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.