Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/01/cor...eak-us-intelligence-reportedly-says.html

The Chinese government has deliberately underreported the total number of coronavirus cases and deaths in the country, the U.S. intelligence community told the White House, a new report says.
Bloomberg, citing three U.S. officials, reported Wednesday that the intelligence community said in a classified report that China’s public tally of COVID-19 infections and deaths is purposefully incomplete.
The secret report concludes that China’s numbers are fake, two of the officials said, Bloomberg reported. The White House received the report last week, according to the news outlet.

The Chinese government has deliberately underreported the total number of coronavirus cases and deaths in the country, the U.S. intelligence community told the White House, a new report says.

Bloomberg, citing three U.S. officials, reported Wednesday that the intelligence community said in a classified report that China’s public tally of COVID-19 infections and deaths is purposefully incomplete.

The secret report concludes that China’s numbers are fake, two of the officials told Bloomberg. The White House received the report last week, according to the news outlet.

At a White House press briefing Wednesday, Trump said that “we have not received” any intelligence reports showing that China underreported its coronavirus numbers.

Still, Trump said that Beijing’s tally appeared “to be a little bit on the light side, and I’m being nice when I say that, relative to what we witnessed and what was reported.”

China has reported 82,361 coronavirus cases, data from Johns Hopkins University shows. That number is about half of the total cases confirmed in the U.S., which has become the country with the highest number of reported infections in the world.

“You don’t know what the numbers are in China,” President Donald Trump said at a press briefing last week.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
BP-B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Wow, who’d a thunk it.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What I think is that China designed this virus and released it on the world to accomplish exactly what it has done: create panic and destroy the world economy. China doesn’t like having to deal with Trump, and figures this chaos will help get him out of office. The Dems and MSM are playing right along.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by lastround
What I think is that China designed this virus and released it on the world to accomplish exactly what it has done: create panic and destroy the world economy. China doesn’t like having to deal with Trump, and figures this chaos will help get him out of office. The Dems and MSM are playing right along.

Indeed. The Australians are thinking the same.

https://www.ft.com/content/fda7e3cf-a605-4697-9bc0-6fe91b739eb9

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They can do whatever they want. We owe em a trillion bucks.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Tucker Carlson covers Chinese scientific report claiming coronavirus pandemic ‘originated from a laboratory in Wuhan’

[Linked Image from ]
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L

One things is certain, China had a motive to lie about the level of deaths and infection rates. For China to do what they have done speaks loudly as to what their leadership represents. Last week, when I saw a class action suit had been filed against China, I thought it would have little chance of succeeding. I now believe China will be held liable to the tunes of trillions of dollars.

Maybe the US will tell China that we are canceling any all US debt held by them.

The bigger issue is that the most of the modeling for rate of infection and loss of life was based on bad information from China and the Chinese knew this and did not warn the western countries that their modeling was flawed.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
If that turns out to be true it's time for us to send them a gift in return. A big deadly one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The fact that we are a very important customer for China gives us power over them. Well if we have the will and our politicians don’t sell out to China like Biden did.

[Linked Image from ]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by watch4bear
They can do whatever they want. We owe em a trillion bucks.

You got that ass backwards, Bear.

Because we owe them, we can do what the fugg we want. Never owe the bank a 100$. Owe them millions.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
OK Folks. Watch this all --- and think for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvLx17NNlu0&feature=youtu.be

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Credence, I’m thinking.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
There are rumors that the American reporters expelled last week were getting to close to the truth. China is in cover up mode

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...hospital-mysteriously-vanis#Post14733482

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
China lied...

People died.....

Like that’s ever happened before /s.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have to consider the exchange rate....

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H

Im real sure China is hurting economically; to the tune of billions in pharmaceutical manufacturing....

No doubt the "cures" might not be invented there, but most countries will have them manufactured there.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Commies hiding the truth.

Shocking!

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well duh. It's how communists and democraps operate.

The real question is what sort of fist fahqing are we going to give them for their douchebaggery? Total destruction of the CCP would be a good start. Let the people give the upper leaders the Ceausescu Treatment.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Am I the only one who believed a fortune cookie was telling me the truth?

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://nypost.com/2020/04/01/beijings-coronavirus-lies-have-badly-deepened-global-suffering/
New York Post
Beijing’s coronavirus lies have badly deepened global suffering

Bloomberg News reports that the US intelligence community has concluded that China is “intentionally” hiding the true numbers of its coronavirus cases and fatalities — a fact that should surprise no one, and is yet another way Beijing has made the pandemic a bigger problem for the rest of the world.

Deborah Birx, the doctor-diplomat who’s leading the White House response to COVID-19, made it clear at a briefing this week: “When you looked at the China data originally,” she said, “you start thinking of this more like SARS than you do a global pandemic.” It wasn’t until data started coming out of Italy and Spain that public-health officials realized the problem would be far bigger “than anyone expected.”

In other words, if Beijing had reported the true size of the outbreak there, public-health experts would’ve been sounding much louder alarms at the start — and the rest of the world would have begun making much greater preparations, sooner.

Plenty of evidence suggests the US intel report is right. A Radio Free Asia analysis, for example, found Wuhan’s official death toll of 2,535 may be understated by a factor of 20. It reported seven mortuaries were handing families 500 funeral urns a day for well over a week. One took shipment of 5,000 urns in just two days.

This, while China claimed it had no new cases to report — and embarked on a propaganda campaign suggesting the West is simply less-suited than Beijing’s dictatorship to fighting the bug. (Sadly, the Trump-hating media have eaten up that line.)

Also telling was how China refused to let a full World Health Organization team — or any experts from the US Centers for Disease Control — inspect the situation on the ground in the epidemic’s early days.

It’s established fact that the regime suppressed news of the outbreak at the start, even forcing doctors to retract their warnings — and fostering lies about the virus not being transmissible person-to-person.

Which means there’s zero reason to believe anything it says about the death toll within its borders — or to trust its claim that it’s now beaten the bug. Note how it recently began expelling reporters from a host of US media institutions.

COVID-19 has claimed at least 42,000 lives worldwide. A University of Southampton study estimates 95 percent of infections would have been avoided if China had acted just three weeks earlier — instead of silencing those who sought to save lives.

Beijing has a lot to answer for — but all its answers will be lies, too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SuperCub

phugg their subscription.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Why is everyone surprised that China lied? Is anyone surprised when a rattlesnake strikes? - It's what they do.

China certainly did try to contain the Corona Virus and help its' people; they locked down the population in a way that Americans would not tolerate and they treated all that they could. Unfortunately, in a desire to manufacture goods as cheaply as possible (think of all the stuff Walmart and others sell and we buy), the manufacture of medical protective equipment and ventilators has largely shifted to China. And, in the time of their emergency, China diverted these goods to help fill their needs. No surprise there!

China is a very secretive and insular society and they are paranoid in their protection of the government and its' image - no bad news. So they certainly concealed the facts and the health implications from the outside world.

But, US and world-wide health officials knew in December that the Corona Virus existed and that a pandemic was possible. US diplomats and returning tourists reported that there was a massive effort underway to treat people and contain the virus in the City of Wuhan (see: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/coronavirus-live-updates ). The Obama Administration had established a small monitoring group to monitor potential pandemics following the experiences from the SARs outbreak in 2003. (see: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3329048/ )

This task force was expanded to about 200 Federal employees (with additional expert resources available) when the H1N1 virus emerged in 2009. (see: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html )

In 2017, the outgoing Obama Administration briefed the incoming Trump Administration on pandemics and the global (and US) implications. (see: https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...through-global-pandemic-exercise-in-2017 ). It appears that the Administration disbanded the pandemic-monitoring group and we were asleep-at-the-wheel! The President downplayed the threat and critical time (8 weeks?) was lost.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Chinese released the virus to hurt their people and economy and to weaken or destroy the ones that owe them most money? That makes no sense.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by djs
Why is everyone surprised that China lied? Is anyone surprised when a rattlesnake strikes? - It's what they do.

China certainly did try to contain the Corona Virus and help its' people; they locked down the population in a way that Americans would not tolerate and they treated all that they could. Unfortunately, in a desire to manufacture goods as cheaply as possible (think of all the stuff Walmart and others sell and we buy), the manufacture of medical protective equipment and ventilators has largely shifted to China. And, in the time of their emergency, China diverted these goods to help fill their needs. No surprise there!

China is a very secretive and insular society and they are paranoid in their protection of the government and its' image - no bad news. So they certainly concealed the facts and the health implications from the outside world.

But, US and world-wide health officials knew in December that the Corona Virus existed and that a pandemic was possible. US diplomats and returning tourists reported that there was a massive effort underway to treat people and contain the virus in the City of Wuhan (see: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/coronavirus-live-updates ). The Obama Administration had established a small monitoring group to monitor potential pandemics following the experiences from the SARs outbreak in 2003. (see: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3329048/ )

This task force was expanded to about 200 Federal employees (with additional expert resources available) when the H1N1 virus emerged in 2009. (see: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/2009-h1n1-pandemic.html )

In 2017, the outgoing Obama Administration briefed the incoming Trump Administration on pandemics and the global (and US) implications. (see: https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...through-global-pandemic-exercise-in-2017 ). It appears that the Administration disbanded the pandemic-monitoring group and we were asleep-at-the-wheel! The President downplayed the threat and critical time (8 weeks?) was lost.

Where are all the respirators , masks and medical supplies Obama left us for this future event ???????????????????. Trump was called a racist because he shut down travel between China ...FACT. WHO said the disease was not communicable between 2 people FACT. US Drs were not allowed to travel to China to investigate FACT

GFY

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Slavek

Chinese released the virus to hurt their people and economy and to weaken or destroy the ones that owe them most money? That makes no sense.

Slavy,
Do you really think that China gives a schitt about her own people? They’ve got more people than they can feed and would not hesitate to use a virus to reduce the population. And then try to blame the U.S. which they have already done. And this is not the people of China who is responsible. We are talking about corrupt, communist [bleep] leaders who want China to be the most powerful country in the world even if it means destroying the economy of other debtor nations. Makes no sense? Wait and see!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
China is such a great country.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
None of this is shocking

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Good Ol Communist China....anyone who believes anything a commie says is ripe for the picking! Mother Nature is Harsh!

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Pretty simple actually. China lied and people died.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Communist countries hiding mass deaths.......................so, what else is new?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SuperCub

wish I could read this without paying. Can you copy and paste it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
730 members (007FJ, 09wingates, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 70 invisible), 2,914 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,774
Posts18,401,552
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.