Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Have a house construction crew out today to finish the house.

The main guy said he has been hearing a LOT of talk in the Mexican community around here. Most have been laid off. They all have lots of kids. There's a bunch of them. 50% of the population, or better. Probably 75%..

Anyway, he said he's hearing lots of talk in his Mexican community that they are running out of money quickly. He said they have been saying when they cannot buy what they need, they will start taking it. By force if needed, but they will take it.

Okay. Thanks for the heads up.

It's coming folks. Whether you believe it or not.

I grew up with Mexicans in Tucson and worked in the mines with them. Whether wetbacks or the “texican” type, there were mostly good folks and easy to work with.

Having said that, they were quite adept at quickly figuring out if you were some silly guilt ridden apologetic liberal that could be taken advantage of or just some ornery sob that should be left alone.

Had six young ones in Trinidad mistake me for one of the former. Had one of my daughters with me at time..... took them about three seconds to make the adjustment and back off. Smart young ones.

Last edited by TF49; 04/01/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

BP-B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by stxhunter
I doubt it would be Hispanics that have been here for generations, most of them are no different than us, just have different sounding last names. wets i'd worry about.

since in gots a bunch of brownn skinned people in my pod, i would agree with roger. some of the people i have held most dear in my life are hispanic, and trace t heir roots in new mexico/arizona back to the 1700's.

Well said Ron! I know where you are coming from.

Main thing is be vigilant. Your gut will give you the right answer.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I doubt it would be Hispanics that have been here for generations, most of them are no different than us, just have different sounding last names. wets i'd worry about.

THis!!! All my neighbors here regardless of race or place of birth know we’d help em best we could! And trust me, I’m outnumbered. It’s outsiders of any race or creed I’d worry about first.

i still get a kick of knowing some of your ancestery quoting poetry, liking fine cigars, bad taste in beer, but like good liqqors and fine weapons, i don't think your neighbors would bother you anyway.
the irony in my pod being danish/german/croat/slav is i can pass for mexican, but the mexicans in my pod could pass for high end europoeans.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Heym06
Trying to remove food from the Mormons might end in a gun fight, at least the ones i know are well prepared!

They learned a lesson at Donner Pass.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K

THis!!! All my neighbors here regardless of race or place of birth know we’d help em best we could! And trust me, I’m outnumbered. It’s outsiders of any race or creed I’d worry about first.

i still get a kick of knowing some of your ancestery quoting poetry, liking fine cigars, bad taste in beer, but like good liqqors and fine weapons, i don't think your neighbors would bother you anyway.
the irony in my pod being danish/german/croat/slav is i can pass for mexican, but the mexicans in my pod could pass for high end europoeans.

“Jesters do oft prove prophets!"

(King Lear).

Founder

WS

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

since in gots a bunch of brownn skinned people in my pod, i would agree with roger. some of the people i have held most dear in my life are hispanic, and trace t heir roots in new mexico/arizona back to the 1700's.

Well said Ron! I know where you are coming from.

Main thing is be vigilant. Your gut will give you the right answer.

my sister was croat/polish jew/slavic, hispanic, mexican pima indian, half sister.
one of her sons looks like a german bier meister, from his father, the other one looks and has the habits of geronimo.
i am at heart having been raised in it, much more comfortable in general in the mexican culture than the anglo in some ways.
but i also reconize the potential, geez, just need to go along the border a little bit.
we shut down the u.s./mexican border. which screws up going to al condones for medicine. huge money maker on the mexican side, or was. wonder what those people are gonna do now.
i just wish i had made a run last month when i was thinking about it.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Ron,

Barry presents a good point. Things could go Texas Border 1915 real quick. I think ypu realize that

Btw about the old beer I drink now is,,,,,

https://www.altstadtbeer.com

Founder

WS

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by teal
I'm loaded with steel shot instead.

Find repeat offenders with the metal detector.

Self protection and environmentally sound.

Steel does not deform and tear tissue like lead does.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I doubt it would be Hispanics that have been here for generations, most of them are no different than us, just have different sounding last names.

Rodger,

Around here we have a name for people like that.

We call them tax paying conservatives

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Have a house construction crew out today to finish the house.

The main guy said he has been hearing a LOT of talk in the Mexican community around here. Most have been laid off. They all have lots of kids. There's a bunch of them. 50% of the population, or better. Probably 75%..

Anyway, he said he's hearing lots of talk in his Mexican community that they are running out of money quickly. He said they have been saying when they cannot buy what they need, they will start taking it. By force if needed, but they will take it.

Okay. Thanks for the heads up.

It's coming folks. Whether you believe it or not.

Damn. That's not good news, Barry.

Stay safe, bro.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I doubt it would be Hispanics that have been here for generations, most of them are no different than us, just have different sounding last names.

Rodger,

The Mexicans I know who own businesses here for years, feel no different than us White Faces.

They hate illegals for the same financial reasons, plus the additional negative attention they bring on them who work, employ others and pay taxes.

No different than us hating on white trash who ride the .give me everything system.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Still gonna poke a hole from about 10 feet.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Rodger,

The Mexicans I know who own businesses here for years, feel no different than us White Faces.

They hate illegals for the same financial reasons, plus the additional negative attention they bring on them who work, employ others and pay taxes.

No different than us hating on white trash who ride the .give me everything system.

😎

Around here, the Hispanic Texans that have been here all along despise illegals.

They don't mind telling you, either. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Still gonna poke a hole from about 10 feet.

Used to like running a Remington 10 gauge for ducks over deeks with friends. Gave buds the opening salvo on legs down, wings set birds...Then I’d clean up the escapees.

Figure 10g would get a fella another 35 yards of hard hitting B.B. on retards wanting to fill a backpack with my supplies.

😬😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 45_100
What concerns me more than a direct confrontation with someone in need is what they might do when nobody is around. Like poaching. Cattle are much easier to poach than deer and right now we are calving. Very easy to shoot a two or three hundred pound calf and throw it in the back of your car or truck. Over several sections of land it is hard to keep an eye on all of it. Spending a lot of time outdoors right now.

that is already happening here. south of prescott found a cow shot, and j ust the back straps hacked off. left the rest of the cow to rot.
hate to throw it in the mexican camp, but found a black angus bleeding out on a hiking trail few years ago. it was barely alive. told my wife we needed to get out of there. at the start of the trail was a mexican beer bust. had to be connected.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
bump

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
and that is the difference between knockin at your door and bustin it in....

Kind of surprised that the "opportunist" segment of society has been so quiet thus far.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
In Texas, non-native game = no season and no limit

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
720 members (11point, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 117LBS, 92 invisible), 2,742 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,872
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.