GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
The video has been taken down.

I couldn’t access it either.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by irfubar
Some could make a case that the vulnerable asking the rest of the country to shut down and go broke so they can avoid it are the selfish greedy ones?

How about some personal responsibility? if you are vulnerable or scared stay home.

Freedom and personal responsibility, it's a thing this country used to believe in.

Self quarantine... I don't believe I am in the vulnerable category, but I don't go out, and I sure as hell have no business telling another man he can't work and feed his family!

You’re a better man than that irfubar.

Old Toot, thanks for the vote of confidence. The thing is I don't believe it is as bad as they say, simply because I believe they have an agenda.
I know people are dying and it is horrible for them and the families.
I simply believe the one size fits all solution is not the best way to go about this. The vulnerable should isolate and we should do all we can to help. Maybe turn empty hotels into quarantine centers.
To shut down everything makes no sense to me.
I live very rural and in a very sparsely populated state, yet we are shut down, we are low risk.
I also don't believe we shouldn't be driven by fear, I never make a good decision while afraid and most people don't either.
Also there is a reason I'm not in charge, I am a rip the band aid off rub dirt on it sorta guy....

Admittedly, I have my suspicions of what’s embedded in this whole shebang and I do believe that it’s gonna rear it’s ugly head and fairly soon. Certainly well before the election. Hope I’m wrong.

It will be weaponized and that’s where I read you as coming from. If so, I fully agree irfubar.

Thanks for the benefit of a doubt, my intuition tells me sumthin ain't right. Watch Szihn's link , does a much better job of splainin than me

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
The video has been taken down.

I couldn’t access it either.

You didn't miss anything, it was all lies.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by centershot
I personally think this virus is very serious. Watching Trump's speech last night has me worried. You could see it in his face, this is no joke. I think he has a much better picture of what happened in China and Italy than we have been privy to and is doing everything he can think of to avoid it.

I prefer to be alive and deal with the economic issues as opposed to the other option. Call me a pansy, if you want - just do it from 6+ feet away please.

Yep. Hes trying to hold this down to 150,000 deaths from 2-4 million or more. 4-10 million permanent cripples?

What are the lives of 3 million Americans worth. People are still building homes, commercial properties, highways, etc.

I think the video by the NY doc should dispel the myth this wont kill or cripple a lot of healthy people 30-40 years old.

Of course, some persist in calling it the flu.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/01/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Understood. So you conclude that all those people "will never recover?"

Not at all, smokepole. We’ll bounce back, it’ll just take a while.

According to Craig (nephew) this is pretty much nationwide and banks were expecting it. They don’t yet know the extent and there’s deep concern on that.

This country has come through a helluva lot worse.

Exactly my point. I believe we'll recover just fine.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by drover
Tell you what smokepole, it is obvious that you are in this for an argument so rather than arguing I will refer to the old saying " the proof is in the pudding".

drover

No, I just asked you to support your assertion that many people "will never recover." If you have no support for that, just say so.

I don't believe it and I think people are tougher and more resourceful than you give them credit for.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BangPop
Originally Posted by tpcollins
I posted this on another forum:

Not to downplay or minimize anything, but I was listening to Rush today while my wife and I were walking the dog. So I looked up worldwide death causes when I got home - comparing current corvid19 deaths versus others for the entire year in 2019.

Corvid19 - 46,062 in 1st 3 months

Suicides - 800,000 / 4 = 200,000 per 3 months
Car accidents - 1,300,000 / 4 = 325,000 per 3 months
HIV/Aids - 1,700,000 / 4 = 425,000 per 3 months
Smoking - 5,000,000 / 4 = 1,250,000 per 3 months
Cancer - 8,200,000 / 4 = 2,050,000 per 3 months
Abortion - 42,300,00 / 4 = 10,575,000 per 3 months

That’s 13,775,000 deaths per 3 months and regular influenza wasn’t even mentioned.

https://decisionmagazine.com/abortion-leading-cause-death-worldwide-2019/

I don't know where some of this bullchit data comes from, but the suicide rate you referenced is completely ridiculous. The accurate data for suicide for 2018 and 2019 is just north of 48,000 each year. You might consider checking to see if something is correct before posting it. You look like a fool when you post [bleep] like that.

Those figures are based on world wide, not just the USA...at least the one on suicide.. was following some of this on Rush, but got interrupted by the wife....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Seems fat old boomers with diabetes and high blood pressure are sceered.....

That's just about as valid as saying millenials are self-absorbed assh*les who don't give a f*ck about anyone but themselves.

Congratulations?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've read this thread.

It's MEDIA driven PANIC.

The so-called Projections are listed as "Could Die" NOT will Die !! There's a diff.

Someone said, "some will not recover economically" ... IMO there's NO doubt about it.

$ 1200, $2400. will NOT keep many from going down the drain. I feel for them. It's REAL.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So it's media-driven panic in basically every developed nation, worldwide?

Aren't the media just reporting what medical experts are saying?

Is Trump in on it, since he just announced it'll be status quo until the end of April? Did Trump make a deal with the media??

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Tell you what smokepole, it is obvious that you are in this for an argument so rather than arguing I will refer to the old saying " the proof is in the pudding". Time will tell if I am right or not.

drover

Yep, par....

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Not at all, smokepole. We’ll bounce back, it’ll just take a while.

According to Craig (nephew) this is pretty much nationwide and banks were expecting it. They don’t yet know the extent and there’s deep concern on that.

This country has come through a helluva lot worse.

Exactly my point. I believe we'll recover just fine.

Any way that we cut it or slice it, smokepole, it’s gonna be all uphill and with chains on all four tires for many, many people and not just the in the Ole USA.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Don't argue about it, just sit back and watch folks, it's gonna get worse, gonna be a long uphill battle.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Judman
Don't argue about it, just sit back and watch folks, it's gonna get worse, gonna be a long uphill battle.

That be fact. Let’s just hope the precautions mitigate things of what could have been.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well, for one thing, it looks like we're not too far away from widespread testing, and maybe even an effective treatment or two. Widespread testing will let all the people who are not infected get back to work.

If so, buying a little time now will pay off hugely, and it won't go on as long as people think it might.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I find it odd that we have shut down the country and disrupted the economy over the CV-19 pandemic.

While any number of deaths is sad I wonder what is different that we have chosen to ruin the economy and put many workers into a situation that they will never financially recover from. Is there a logic that I am missing? It seems heartless to say it but perhaps the country would have been better off if the CV would have been allowed to run its course without all of the drastic measures being taken.

1957-1958 Pandemic (H2N2 virus) - The estimated number of deaths was 1.1 million worldwide and 116,000 in the United States.

1968 Pandemic (H3N2 virus) - The estimated number of deaths was 1 million worldwide and about 100,000 in the United States.

CV-19 - (the most recent count) - number of deaths world wide - 45,497 and 4,476 in the United States

drover

You obviously don't know the meaning of the word "exponential"

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I find it odd that we have shut down the country and disrupted the economy over the CV-19 pandemic.

While any number of deaths is sad I wonder what is different that we have chosen to ruin the economy and put many workers into a situation that they will never financially recover from. Is there a logic that I am missing? It seems heartless to say it but perhaps the country would have been better off if the CV would have been allowed to run its course without all of the drastic measures being taken.

1957-1958 Pandemic (H2N2 virus) - The estimated number of deaths was 1.1 million worldwide and 116,000 in the United States.

1968 Pandemic (H3N2 virus) - The estimated number of deaths was 1 million worldwide and about 100,000 in the United States.

CV-19 - (the most recent count) - number of deaths world wide - 45,497 and 4,476 in the United States

drover

You obviously don't know the meaning of the word "exponential"
Originally Posted by BangPop
Originally Posted by tpcollins
I posted this on another forum:

Not to downplay or minimize anything, but I was listening to Rush today while my wife and I were walking the dog. So I looked up worldwide death causes when I got home - comparing current corvid19 deaths versus others for the entire year in 2019.

Corvid19 - 46,062 in 1st 3 months

Suicides - 800,000 / 4 = 200,000 per 3 months
Car accidents - 1,300,000 / 4 = 325,000 per 3 months
HIV/Aids - 1,700,000 / 4 = 425,000 per 3 months
Smoking - 5,000,000 / 4 = 1,250,000 per 3 months
Cancer - 8,200,000 / 4 = 2,050,000 per 3 months
Abortion - 42,300,00 / 4 = 10,575,000 per 3 months

That’s 13,775,000 deaths per 3 months and regular influenza wasn’t even mentioned.

https://decisionmagazine.com/abortion-leading-cause-death-worldwide-2019/

I don't know where some of this bullchit data comes from, but the suicide rate you referenced is completely ridiculous. The accurate data for suicide for 2018 and 2019 is just north of 48,000 each year. You might consider checking to see if something is correct before posting it. You look like a fool when you post [bleep] like that.

It comes from WHO. The guy even bolded worldwide in his post. I about call you a fool, though.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jwall
I've read this thread.

It's MEDIA driven PANIC.

The so-called Projections are listed as "Could Die" NOT will Die !! There's a diff.

Someone said, "some will not recover economically" ... IMO there's NO doubt about it.

$ 1200, $2400. will NOT keep many from going down the drain. I feel for them. It's REAL.
You can recover from major economic disaster. I've done it several times in my life. Tough to recover from being dead.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You're 65 and were thinking of selling your business and retiring. Oops. The panic just destroyed your business, so what you are left with are expenses and debt with no income. Fun recovery from that.
"We" collectively will recover. Many individuals will not - and no, I am not in that position, but many are or in similar situations.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 6MMWASP, 13 invisible), 2,196 guests, and 826 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,660
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.