Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Anyone using these? Truck needs new shoes.. Silverado 2500HD Long Bed Crew Cab 4X4. Use it for towing a big 5th wheel. Has Michelin LTX on it (OEM tires) they are going to make 50K, but about toast. Local tire store has deal on the Cooper's. Much cheaper, but..

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Dont like em.

Much prefer Hancooks.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I’ve never gotten the mileage they claim. By 40k they are used up. Tried them on 3 vehicles.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
My F150 likes them. A lot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have used Coopers for the last twenty years on all my trucks. Currently have them on my eight ft Super Duty and I also pull a fairly good sized fifth wheel.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Decent tires, nothing special, but like bubbajay said I've never gotten the mileage out of them that they claim.

Cut easily in sharp rock country.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good enough for most things. Wear OK. Just so-so in snow

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Anyone using these? Truck needs new shoes.. Silverado 2500HD Long Bed Crew Cab 4X4. Use it for towing a big 5th wheel. Has Michelin LTX on it (OEM tires) they are going to make 50K, but about toast. Local tire store has deal on the Cooper's. Much cheaper, but..

They have been my go to tire for several years. I also run them on a 2500HD. I don't check or worry about mileage though.... I have a heavy truck and I drive hard, so I have never wasted my time worrying about fuel or tire mileage. The tires treat me good so the rest is what it is.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Yep, with tires you normally get what you pay for. The Cooper's are about $375 cheaper than a new set of Michelin's. $375 for 10K less might be OK.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
If you are gonna run off brand tires.....look at Falken apparently.

Guess they a pretty good.

The ONLY reason i buy Coopers is because of the service i get from the Tire Rama over west.

I am MAGA.
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I got 57,000 out of my last set on my F150. Could have easily gotten another 5,000, but put new tires on in November before hunting season and any chance of snow. I did about the same on my Tacoma. I've had them on other trucks too. Some of the older tires I could never get to balance, but the newer AT/3 is a much better tire than previous versions.

But... I didn't go with Cooper in November. Cooper has changed their marketing. They used to only sell to small independent shops and would offer $70-$80 rebates 3-4 times each year. With small shop pricing and the rebate it was hard to buy anything else. They now only sell to larger tire stores and I couldn't get a good price on them when I looked in November. I haven't noticed anymore rebates lately either.

I had just about decided to go with Falken Wildpeak. Those get a lot of good reviews on several of the truck forums and are priced right. But I ran across a deal on the new Pirelli tire. They were cheaper than either Cooper or Falken. About $400 less than BFG KO2. I'm pleased with them.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Wow...I’ve run them for years and am surprised by some of the comments. Matter of fact when my family still owned a garage we used to sell them...along with bfg, Michelin.

I think they are a better tire than the Michelin Ltx at2 which sucks, and on par with the bfg all terrain in terms of tread life and off road performance. The bfg has a tougher sidewall though and is better aired down. It’s a legit 65k tire as the warranty suggests if you rotate them. Made in the US too if that matters

The Michelin defender is the best tire money can buy if you don’t want an off road or all terrain tread pattern

How often do you guys rotate? My current BFG ATs will be shelled at about 60k (pretty good!) but I’ll likely replace with at3 as I don’t have to get a load range e in the cooper so can save some weight

I rotate every 10,000 miles whn I do the oil fwiw

Last edited by Quak; 04/01/20.

GOD Bless America
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Nonsense.

Toyo m 55.

I am MAGA.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have six of the on my dually carrying a 4000# truck camper and I like them, except in the snow..After my first trip up the hill in the snow with ice,I came back and had them siped and now there a decent tire with great traction..They are wearing awesome especially with all the weight..

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
My brother never liked the cooper in the rain fwiw...I never had an issue.

GOD Bless America
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Always have the tires rotated at each oil change. They will last longer when rotated, especially carrying a heavy load. ..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JMR40
I got 57,000 out of my last set on my F150. Could have easily gotten another 5,000, but put new tires on in November before hunting season and any chance of snow. I did about the same on my Tacoma. I've had them on other trucks too. Some of the older tires I could never get to balance, but the newer AT/3 is a much better tire than previous versions.

But... I didn't go with Cooper in November. Cooper has changed their marketing. They used to only sell to small independent shops and would offer $70-$80 rebates 3-4 times each year. With small shop pricing and the rebate it was hard to buy anything else. They now only sell to larger tire stores and I couldn't get a good price on them when I looked in November. I haven't noticed anymore rebates lately either.

I had just about decided to go with Falken Wildpeak. Those get a lot of good reviews on several of the truck forums and are priced right. But I ran across a deal on the new Pirelli tire. They were cheaper than either Cooper or Falken. About $400 less than BFG KO2. I'm pleased with them.

that makes sense. my local tire shop allways had them so I always ran them. good tires . tried michelins one time, too soft and the sidewalls sunburned bad (arizona blue skys at 7000 feet)

Now they carry tire from thailand I think, can't remember the name.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think cooper is about as good as hankook in the snow, way better than toyo. I never get more than 30k-35k out of any AT’s, so it’s coopers lately. I’m trying a set of pro-comps for summer tires, they were cheap anyway. Winter I run studs.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Had several sets on several rigs I like em. In South Central Kansas snow isn't too much of an issue.

bkraft

"Four things greater than all things are, Women and Horses and Power and War."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Michelin all the way here. Set of Defenders on one SUV and LTX's on the other IIRC. I've ran Michelin's for years. Dad had a set of Discoverer's on a Buick several years back and they didn't last worth a dang compared to Michelin's.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

280 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 36 invisible), 2,819 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,625
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.