Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pros, pros, pros. Bullshiet.

Obviously, none of you giving this advice have ever even sniffed owning a portfolio of rentals. You'd go broke if you hired a "pro" every time you had a problem.

And, that's assuming the pro did a good job. My experience? A LOT of "pros" don't. They shortcut or don't give you what you paid for. For instance, they'll water down the chemicals needed. You usually don't find that out until after the fact.

To each their own.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes the diatomaceous is hell on the carpenter bees. It kills every bee in the hole.
And it doesn't go away like chemical bug killers, this stuff is already 10 million years old. It will keep on killing in that same hole for several years, until the bees finally knock it all out of the hole.

I use the pills, Advantage or whatever on the dog, but if she come in after a run in the woods in the summer and I find some ticks on her, I powder her up with it and the ticks are dead in five minutes. And it is murder on fleas. I'm sure it will kill bedbugs. I agree, powdering up a house would be a mess but I bet it would knock out the bedbugs.

Knock on wood in our rental business we never have had to deal with bedbugs I hear they are a nasty mess.

M
mjbgalt Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I just came from there. Wow. She always made the front room look OK and we didn't walk thru every room...lesson learned. No idea how a human can live like that. Dirt and filth on every surface and my newer windows won't close and lock.

Hope I can figure that out fast because I don't have the kind of money needed to buy windows and we can't let people be breaking in...

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I put 3 bug bombs in it and closed it up. Forgot to turn off the water heater so hopefully it won't explode or something but I am not going back in now that the bombs are going lol

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
I put 3 bug bombs in it and closed it up. Forgot to turn off the water heater so hopefully it won't explode or something but I am not going back in now that the bombs are going lol

Just hold your breath and go flip it off. Lol

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
City has now called. The "helpful volunteer" the neighbors let in was from the HOA and typed an email to the city to tattle befote i can even fix anything.

No good deed goes unpunished.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
City has now called. The "helpful volunteer" the neighbors let in was from the HOA and typed an email to the city to tattle befote i can even fix anything.

No good deed goes unpunishe[quote=mjbgalt]City has now called. The "helpful volunteer" the neighbors let in was from the HOA and typed an email to the city to tattle befote i can even fix anything.

ORTHO® HOME DEFENSE MAX® BED BUG, FLEA & TICK KILLER. This is a do it yourself product and should solve your problem.

Last edited by Lennie; 04/06/20.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
$1100 for bedbugs and about the same for flooring. My ass hurts lol

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Obviously, none of you giving this advice have ever even sniffed owning a portfolio of rentals. You'd go broke if you hired a "pro" every time you had a problem..

Yeah - we've only got 13. Hardly a portfolio. smirk

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Obviously, none of you giving this advice have ever even sniffed owning a portfolio of rentals. You'd go broke if you hired a "pro" every time you had a problem..

Yeah - we've only got 13. Hardly a portfolio. smirk

So go hire a "pro" It's your money.

I've been doing it for over 20 years. What do I know.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Never ever ever let people you don't know enter your properties outside of the people you hire , when you're having a problem

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sell some guns and fix tha house . Or sell it if you can’t afford it. Good luck

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Ok. Scraped together some money and a couple friends and my wife and I have begun fixing it up. We are about halfway and will be putting down carpet and vinyl in a couple weeks.

Thanks to the guys with advice and help with this. Wife and I decided to sell our house and move in to the rental since it will save us almost a $1000 a month. Going to pay everything off in about 3 years and then build what we want.

Also hope to put ourselves in a position to have the extra money to do some good in the world.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like a plan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There are pesticides and I believe even a bit of heat will kill them Try a little surfing.

1Minute
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Had em done professionally.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ok. Scraped together some money and a couple friends and my wife and I have begun fixing it up. We are about halfway and will be putting down carpet and vinyl in a couple weeks.

Thanks to the guys with advice and help with this. Wife and I decided to sell our house and move in to the rental since it will save us almost a $1000 a month. Going to pay everything off in about 3 years and then build what we want.

Also hope to put ourselves in a position to have the extra money to do some good in the world.

Good for you, and best of luck. You'll look around in a few months and see that $1000 a month has built a little bulge in your bank account.

Hope you, your family and your friends are OK.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,945 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,354
Posts18,468,882
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.