M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by MM879
Originally Posted by Blackheart
This thread is a bot seed designed to get people to fight with each other. They try to make the case that a virus is wealth sensitive.
The wealthy move around more than the poor and that's a FACT.

That is just not true. In a foreign country the entire plane will be filled with poor people. It is common for labor to commute for months at a time. The same is true for the USA. I take you haven’t been to an airport recently?

What the heck is your definition of poor? I have never considered myself poor. But at $60K/year, I sure as hell am not buying airline tickets. Nor buying passes for ski lifts.

Airline tickets are the cheapest form of transportation. Price out a cross country trip in your truck vs Aticket

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The cheaper plane ticket is quickly cancelled out if you need to rent a car.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
This thread is a bot seed designed to get people to fight with each other. They try to make the case that a virus is wealth sensitive.

That is just not true. In a foreign country the entire plane will be filled with poor people. It is common for labor to commute for months at a time. The same is true for the USA. I take you haven’t been to an airport recently?

What the heck is your definition of poor? I have never considered myself poor. But at $60K/year, I sure as hell am not buying airline tickets. Nor buying passes for ski lifts.

Airline tickets are the cheapest form of transportation. Price out a cross country trip in your truck vs Aticket
Poor people don't take cross country trips in anything. The trouble with you is, you're so far removed from poor and poor people you don't even know WTF it is or what they do or don't do. Here's a fuggin clue. Being from a rural area I know a lot of poor people. Most don't leave the County they live in on a regular basis unless they live in one County and work in the next. Interstate travel for most is a rarity.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The virus is wealth sensitive. NYC is infested.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Poor people don't take cross country trips in anything. The trouble with you is, you're so far removed from poor and poor people you don't even know WTF it is or what they do or don't do.

Ok, what wealth level do you need to be at to afford a plane ticket? Do I have pull my poor credentials? I have no income. I'm retired, but I do have ten million frequent flier miles. Every person at an airport will have a different story. Claiming poor people don't travel is not realistic. Most of the poor people I see on planes have better cell phones than I have. Phones don't measure a person’s wealth either.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Poor people don't take cross country trips in anything. The trouble with you is, you're so far removed from poor and poor people you don't even know WTF it is or what they do or don't do.

Ok, what wealth level do you need to be at to afford a plane ticket? Do I have pull my poor credentials? I have no income. I'm retired, but I do have ten million frequent flier miles. Every person at an airport will have a different story. Claiming poor people don't travel is not realistic. Most of the poor people I see on planes have better cell phones than I have. Phones don't measure a person’s wealth either.
Bullshyt somebody else. How do you identify poor people on a plane ? Do you go around and ask them how much they make ? If you don't have any income, how do you keep yourself sheltered, clothed and fed ? I know a lot of retired folks who are far from poor. I've known one hell of a lot of poor folks in my time and never knew one with frequent flyer miles.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

Bullshyt somebody else. How do you identify poor people on a plane ? Do you go around and ask them how much they make ? If you don't have any income, how do you keep yourself sheltered, clothed and fed ? I know a lot of retired folks who are far from poor. I've known one hell of a lot of poor folks in my time and never knew one with frequent flyer miles.

So if can't identify if a person is poor on plane that makes them rich? I see your logic, Just spew any thing you want and say I'm poor.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
In other words you don't know shyt about the people on a plane. Thought so.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I

Airline tickets are the cheapest form of transportation. Price out a cross country trip in your truck vs Airline ticket
Cross county (no "R") is a damned long journey to me. I have never been across the country, and am perfectly satisfied to live my life with the knowledge that such is beyond my reach.

Class envy is a thing for Commies.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just F'ing WOW...
Amazing how people in the same state have ZERO clue of a neighboring county.
Class envy (even when it is misguided) combined with dumbfvckitude is an ugly thing...

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The latest from Blaine county...

The infection rate in NYC is 471 per 100k. As of this morning, Blaine county is 1594 per 100k. It's nearly highest rate in the world right now. They have 351 cases with a population of 23k. By contrast, Here in Twin Falls county, 80 miles away, we've had 31 cases for 85k people. The hospital up there has been closed and serious patients have been shipped to Twin Falls. The hospital has reopened on a very limited basis. It's a small place with only 2 ICU beds.
The bug has been slowly spreading through Idaho, about 650 cases so far for 1.7 million people, but with 50% of them in Blaine county.

This probably isn't related at all but my wife was saying that all the places in the US that have serious problems are strongly Democrat. Blaine County is by far the most liberal county in Idaho and strongly Democrat. I won't go so far as to say it's God's judgement because that's more than I know, but it does warrant a good look. Of course big cities are crowded and prone to epidemics so that part's expected. They just happen to also be hotbeds of liberalism.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A 1 day lift ticket at Sun Valley was as high as $99 this winter depending on the date.

jeez that's kind of a bargain, I think Arizona Snow Bowl was charging that this winter, and without as classy a crowd!

$99 would be a deal in Colorado I think also

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The latest from Blaine county...

The infection rate in NYC is 471 per 100k. As of this morning, Blaine county is 1594 per 100k. It's nearly highest rate in the world right now.

The tracker at Domo is now saying Blaine County has the highest rate of infection per 100K in the entire country.

https://www.domo.com/coronavirus-tracking

I hope you all are taking precautions who live in the area.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Regardless of the politics there it’s one of my favorite places on earth. Good luck to every one there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No Child Left Behind math classes

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Springcove
Same as Summit county in Utah it’s a ski area. People with money flying in and out to second and third homes. There spreading this crap everywhere they go and don’t seem to care.

Summit county is in a lock down order. My brother lives in Coalville. He is not happy with the folks in Park City.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I can assure you it’s not much of a lock down. These idiots are not taking it all that seriously with the amount of traffic on the roads.

The similarity between Blaine county and Summit county in Utah is very plain to see. Ski towns with lots of people coming and going. People with second and third homes coming and going from all over the country. Both areas getting hammered by Covid. It’s not a coincidence. A lot of people here got sick after the Sundance film festival. Some went in and got tested for Influenza but tested negative but were still sick. Some believe Covid has been here before. Hopefully it goes away sooner than later.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by baxterb
Regardless of the politics there it’s one of my favorite places on earth. Good luck to every one there.

It's a beautiful area. We've been hunting there for years. It's steep and rugged but there are lots of elk. I've seen wolves but haven't got a shot at one yet. There are great hiking & biking trails there and almost all are closed to motorized vehicles.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

― George Orwell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
TTT

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A 1 day lift ticket at Sun Valley was as high as $99 this winter depending on the date.

You are one of the most full of [bleep] posters on this site...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (69sportfury, 300jimmy, 338reddog, 2500HD, 3333vl, 14 invisible), 1,293 guests, and 859 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,126
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.