Print Thread
Hop To
L
Lennie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
https://nypost.com/2020/04/01/whistleblowing-coronavirus-doctor-mysteriously-vanishes/
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A Chinese doctor who claimed her bosses tried to silence her early warnings about coronavirus appears to have disappeared — stirring fears that she was detained, according to new reports.

Ai Fen had pointed out cases of the illness to colleagues at Wuhan Central Hospital, eight of whom were reprimanded themselves, Radio Free Asia (RFA) reported.

The whereabouts of Ai, who is head of the emergency department, are now unknown, 60 Minutes Australia reported Monday.

“Just two weeks ago the head of Emergency at Wuhan Central hospital went public, saying authorities had stopped her and her colleagues from warning the world,” the outlet tweeted. “She has now disappeared, her whereabouts unknown.”

Soon after the program aired, Ai posted a cryptic message to her page on the Chinese social media site Weibo.

“A river. A bridge. A road. A clock chime,” read the post, coupled with a Wuhan cityscape photo.

Nearly two weeks earlier, she had posted, “Thank you for your care and love. I’m fine at the moment and I’m still working.”

And on Wednesday, she shared a post captioned, “Happy April Fools Day,” showing her wearing a lab coat and mask, apparently at work at the hospital.

But RFA reported that detainees in custody in China have been known to either update their own social media accounts under authorities’ orders, or police may do so after gaining access to their devices.

In a now-deleted essay published in China’s People (Renwu) magazine titled “The one who supplied the whistle,” Ai detailed her boss’ efforts to silence her, RFA reported.

In the article, Ai said the reprimand came after she took a photo of a patient’s test results and circled the positive “SARS coronavirus” result in red.

China has been accused of attempting to cover up the coronavirus outbreak before the crisis escalated.

Back on Dec. 30, Dr. Li Wenliang — who worked with Ai and who died in early February — sent out a warning over the WeChat messaging app advising fellow med school grads to wear protective clothing to avoid infection after several patients from a local seafood market exhibited symptoms similar to SARS.

China acknowledges low-balling coronavirus cases in official tally
His attempts to sound an early alarm were denounced by authorities for “rumormongering.”

In a startling admission of error late last month, the ruling Communist Party said Wuhan’s police force revoked its admonishment of the doctor, which had included a threat of arrest.

China on Wednesday reported more than 1,300 asymptomatic coronavirus cases — the first time it has released such data following public concern over people who have tested positive without any symptoms of the illness, according to Agence France-Presse.

Health officials also reported the first imported case of COVID-19 in Wuhan — a Chinese national studying in the UK, who arrived in the city last week as it began to lift its travel restrictions.

A total of 81,554 infections and 3,312 deaths have been confirmed in China — most of them in Wuhan and surrounding Hubei province.

Seven more deaths were confirmed Wednesday, six in Hubei province.

The death toll in the US — now more than 4,000 — exceeded China’s count this week.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
And a $.38 bill sent to family to pay for cartridge

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The optics of this whole thing is really bad for China..... expect the rest of the world to distance themselves from China..... better get down to Harbor Freight and stock up before it's too late...;)

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
She’ll be part of the ‘Bodyworks’ museum next year.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

.... like tears in the rain
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
She was fed to the tigers....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord

I could watch that all day, Slumy..... simple mind simple pleasure sorta thing... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just communists being communists. Nothing new here.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone check the crematoriums.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Prwlr
Anyone check the crematoriums.

These aren’t the crematoriums you’re looking for!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by irfubar
The optics of this whole thing is really bad for China..... expect the rest of the world to distance themselves from China..... better get down to Harbor Freight and stock up before it's too late...;)

Yeah China allowed thousands of Chinese to travel throughout the world knowing full well the effects of this virus. The WHO said that person to person contact was not going to transmit the disease. Send our Libs on a fact finding mission to there since they admire it so much.

We should show them no mercy whatsoever.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
The Chinese government has been playing dirty, dirtier than the Russians ever could in my opinion. They are going to get theirs soon enough.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The filthy dog eating sub human scumbags deserve some serious retribution from the rest of the world.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Thats fugging stupid....even for you.

I am MAGA.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1234, 1lessdog, 72 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,828
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.