Campfire Ranger
S
very stupid of them to do

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Stick, the dumb part is that people still underestimate the contagion of this thing, even ridicule it.

I think it is mostly people who fundamentally misunderstand the nature of infectious diseases and immunity to them. Anyone who compares any of them with heart disease or cancer obviously misunderstands what he is comparing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Not directed to anyone in particular, just food for thought, but...

When do we come out of our holes?

If you believe those that say you can catch C19 more than once, then it means as long as there is 1 person in the World who has it, it could become a pandemic again.

Aren't you just a selfish bastard if you go out in public as long as 1 person has it? It could be you killing grandma. You could be Patient 0 version 2.

When do you come out? How are you going to rationalize that? Is it going to be an economic decision for you after you demonized people for the same thing?

Tyrone,

Are you intentionally building straw men, or just not keeping up on the science?

The early tests for COVID 19 were prone to false negatives, i.e. as much as 30% of the time the test would come back negative when a person was still infected leading to what now appears to be the false conclusion around re-transmissiblity. C19 actually a repetitively stable virus that evolves slowly giving it lower rates of retransmissibility and make it a great candidate for an effective vaccine.

One of the recents test that just came out in the last few days is for antibodies, so we can identify persons who've gained immunity through previous exposure. This could be especially valuable in the health care setting.

Honestly? Bringing up SCIENCE................again.

Shame on you.........

What next, logic?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Stick, the dumb part is that people still underestimate the contagion of this thing, even ridicule it.

I think it is mostly people who fundamentally misunderstand the nature of infectious diseases and immunity to them. Anyone who compares any of them with heart disease or cancer obviously misunderstands what he is comparing.

Fact.

Some of them even post here.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Same fuggers that make cheap scopes!

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
If God didn't want them to die, he wouldn't have let them go to choir practice. Faith......

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Y’all wanna read some madness?

Google up:
Rev. Tony Spell, Central Louisiana

Bunch of pew jumping, hand waving, loud yelling fuggers.

Stupidity incarnate.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y'all realize this happened March 10, right?

Were you "social distancing" on March 10?

I wasn't....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Brazos

I wasn't....

In the article it talks about there was concerned discussion about whether to hold the choir practice or not.

I started being much more cautious in January but I didn't use fancy terms like social distancing.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

I wasn't....

i was ready to get on a cruise ship about then

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by sse

I wasn't....

i was ready to get on a cruise ship about then

But you didn't.

We're not in WA like the choir, but we are already partially "distanced" from the rest of the world and by 10 Mar we were already "being careful".

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The county that joins the one I live in has 26 confirmed cases, and most of them can be traced back to a church that went ahead and held a revival about 2 weeks ago, with a preacher from Texas coming and holding it. When people began to get sick, the church posted on Facebook that is was just the flu, and people should continue to come to church. Talk about utter stupidity............that was it.

I don't know what church it was, but the section of the county it happened in has a number of what I call Holly Roller churches, and it sounds about like something those idiots would do.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by BobMt

hard to find any sympathy………...bob

What an awful human.

you are right they are awful humans.....they only thought of themselves.......they did what they wanted to do the hell with everyone else......sound familiar?....spring break...mardis gras....

i have sympathy ...for the people that they may have infected because of their selfish act........bob

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
The county that joins the one I live in has 26 confirmed cases, and most of them can be traced back to a church that went ahead and held a revival about 2 weeks ago, with a preacher from Texas coming and holding it. When people began to get sick, the church posted on Facebook that is was just the flu, and people should continue to come to church. Talk about utter stupidity............that was it.

I don't know what church it was, but the section of the county it happened in has a number of what I call Holly Roller churches, and it sounds about like something those idiots would do.

Freedom requires responsibility. The 1st guarantees a church the right to meet but it assumes that people will use some common sense. A church that meets just 'because they can' has no common sense at all. Ours is not meeting.

Some churches say that God will protect them, but...
Lu 4:12 And Jesus answered him, "It is said, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’"

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
a church that went ahead and held a revival about 2 weeks ago, with a preacher from Texas coming and holding it.

So you filthy Pennsylvanians were the vector to get this into the pristine Republic of Texas?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, those filthy Pennsylvanians

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Today's version of snake handlers but this snake can bite a whole bunch of people at once.

― George Orwell

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Stickfight
a church that went ahead and held a revival about 2 weeks ago, with a preacher from Texas coming and holding it.

So you filthy Pennsylvanians were the vector to get this into the pristine Republic of Texas?

Isn't he from Kentucky?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by broomd

hard to find any sympathy………...bob

What an awful human.

you are right they are awful humans.....they only thought of themselves.......they did what they wanted to do the hell with everyone else......sound familiar?....spring break...mardis gras....

i have sympathy ...for the people that they may have infected because of their selfish act........bob

Somewhere a wing-nut pastor who refused to close his church for services, believing The Lord would protect, found himself in silver cuffs and getting his picture taken before being stuffed in a cell....Just another Christian persecuted for being faithful.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Satan told Jesus that God would protect him. Jesus said "You shall not put the Lord your God to the test." It's not being faithful, it's putting the Lord to the test.

― George Orwell

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

193 members (160user, 338reddog, 35, 300jimmy, 12344mag, 2UP, 19 invisible), 1,562 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,592
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.