Campfire Outfitter
Wow!

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Globalism sure built some big cities over there.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Diversity. Part of globalism. Good fer ya.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I’m partial to eating wild animals myself. I’m western so the thought of eating dog creeps me out but if I didn’t have my cultural hang ups about eating dog it’s very likely I would like eating dog. The blanket whining about eating wild animals the guy is going on about is whining about most members of the 24hr campfire. Most here eat deer or other civids. Birds ? Ducks , geese , quail , grouse , etc. I personally have eaten raccoon and opossum. Coon was ok but opossum not so much. There’s some really dirty practices going on in China like the open air wet markets and some animals need to be off limits. Like Americans shooting prairie dogs we know to not go pick them up because they carry diseases like the plague. Likewise the Chinese need to develop some cultural boundaries against messing with things like bats that are a reservoir for corona virus. But the blanket crying about eating wild animals is ridiculous.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Honestly, as you say Dave, what's all the hullabaloo?

Is there a big difference from eating a pack rat here in the sageflats where I live vs. a squirrel. No garbage dumps out a where I live, packrats eat the same thing any squirrel would. In other words, plants, seed, roots, mushrooms etc. One has a fuzzier tail than the other.

I've not had the chance to try it yet, but I hear mt lion is delicious. Have seen pics of wolf "steaks" right here on the ol' 'fire if I'm not mistaken.

Folks get all heated because someone in another country eats "weird" things. In their minds perhaps we're the weird ones?

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It ain’t so much the eating as it is the appalling cruelty in the way they are killed, generally skinned alive or immersed in boiling water in the belief that if an animal dies in agony the meat will be better. In our own history bulldogs were set on bulls about to be slaughtered for the same reason.

Here in the West we take for granted the civilizing moral powered the Ten Commandments in our culture, and the legacy of centuries of development of the concept of inalienable rights of mankind. Those are our cultural roots.

China had none of that, and it shows.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
It ain’t so much the eating as it is the appalling cruelty in the way they are killed, generally skinned alive or immersed in boiling water in the belief that if an animal dies in agony the meat will be better. In our own history bulldogs were set on bulls about to be slaughtered for the same reason.

Here in the West we take for granted the civilizing moral powered the Ten Commandments in our culture, and the legacy of centuries of development of the concept of inalienable rights of mankind. Those are our cultural roots.

China had none of that, and it shows.

Aren't they the folks that bound their women's feet for ages?

Weird practices all around the world.................our weird ones are just more civilized I guess.

We plop, clams, crabs and lobsters right into boiling water, but of course, those are lower on the totem pole of life I guess.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Great vid, I spent some time traveling across china in 2004. Some of those roadside bathrooms were no joke. And snot rockets and spitting were everywhere.

One time I went to an outdoor market in Beijing. I was wearing a clean white tshirt with some logo on it. When I got back to the hotel my friends were all saying what's all over your shirt. It seemed like every girl or woman in that market had grabbed me and tried to pull me in their shop. I stood out as a 6'3" really blond guy.

I didn't realize it until my friends pointed it out but my shirt was completely dirty with finger and hand prints from chinese people touching me. I mean really dirty deep grungy stains from people's hands.

Bb

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The Chinese need to eat horses, there's an overabundance of horse's wasting grass in the US.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Aw, forget all this awful stuff. Remember, secular progressivism wants us to believe all cultures are equal. Yep, even cultures that will torture a dog to its death, gut it, smoke it, then eat it. Barbaric!

We revere dogs here, a creature that should, in an inverse way, remind us of God. A creature that is dedicated to us, loyal to our ugliest side, forgiving of our every inconsideration; not remembering of our unkindest shove or word. Loyal. A creature that is “soulish” and reflects some of our “image”.

No, all cultures are not equal. Remember it. It’s individuals — people — that are precious in His sight, as fallen as they may be. Not their culture.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Eating dogs/cats.... doesn’t bother me as I understand that’s purely a cultural difference.

What I take from the video is the lack of care/sanitation that these markets have.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did you notice the first scene? That "racoon" or whatever was still alive as the guy was carrying it down the road.

I don't think the issue is as much eating weird stuff as it is keeping the weird stuff alive all the way to market. Too much time and opportunity to be exposed to feces and urine, etc. When we hunt, we kill the animal right away and usually skin/gut it promptly too. The hunter is pretty much the only one exposed. Not possibly hundreds as in a market.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Great vid, I spent some time traveling across china in 2004. Some of those roadside bathrooms were no joke. And snot rockets and spitting were everywhere.

One time I went to an outdoor market in Beijing. I was wearing a clean white tshirt with some logo on it. When I got back to the hotel my friends were all saying what's all over your shirt. It seemed like every girl or woman in that market had grabbed me and tried to pull me in their shop. I stood out as a 6'3" really blond guy.

I didn't realize it until my friends pointed it out but my shirt was completely dirty with finger and hand prints from chinese people touching me. I mean really dirty deep grungy stains from people's hands.

Bb

Yep... general lack of cleanliness.

Also of interest is the misconception that the big cities are clean... well he made it a point to show that they’re not as clean as they seem.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I think it's the connection between hygiene level and spreading a contagion. What I've been thinking since watching it is, those folks must have massive antibodies built up by now. That would allow conscripted rural soldiers to survive as invaders, especially into societies with compromised immune systems, all else being equal. Dunno, I suspect there's a lot of learning from the CV-19 event that would give advantage if intentionally used this or next time around. Who needs "the bomb" now?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lack of cleanliness there shouldn't surprise anyone, go into any Chinese restaurant here and look around.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fück that filthy shïthole.

Buy American or from her alies.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
125 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 16 invisible), 1,874 guests, and 903 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,672
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.