Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I bought this rifle on The 'Fire some years ago with high hopes, but I just don't have the time to devote to it. Bill Atkinson and Paul Marquart came together for a brief time in Prescott, AZ to build superior rifles under the name A&M Rifle Company. Although this rifle is not a highly customized example, it is representative of their quality work. If you need a primer on A&M, I attach (I hope!) a PDF of Rifle magazine Vol13 #4 from 1981. The 6mm Remington is not to everyone's taste; most opt for the capable .243 Winchester. But shooters who value a little extra case capacity and the strength of an FN commercial action may prefer this one.

Flat bottom bolt knob, Buehler-style low safety. Three measurements with the "tape flag on the cleaning rod" method show a 1:10" twist in the barrel. You'll be able to really push lighter bullets.The Burris 6.5-20x50 with Mil-Dot reticle is NOT included in the sale, but I'm willing to negotiate for it over and above the purchase of the rifle. The Talley lightweights are included. The rifle has two stocks, a nicely fitted and lightly-bedded laminated, hardwood "dress" stock with a flat bottom on the forestock and a Ram-Line synthetic "field" stock. The Ram-Line has a White Line recoil pad and has been bedded, as the pics show. I'll try not to write a book here; just hit me up by PM with questions. Rifle shipped with both stocks and Talleys in a Contico double rifle hard case - $775 from non-FFL to your FFL. Not looking to trade out of this one, guys. (I also have dies, brass and bullets to shed, at some point.)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Attached Images
RiflemanMagazine-A&M.pdf (1007.43 KB, 24 downloads)

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
How does it shoot?

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by glosto
How does it shoot?

The rifle shoots better than I do!
The fellow who sold it to me said it shot Nosler 95gr BTs real well. So I tried some.
UPDATE: I dug out my range notebook. (I can see from my notes that I've had the rifle for five years) I fired 100 rounds give or take. I had also fired a ladder of Speer 80gr SPTs over some pulldown IMR 4064. Here is a pic with the best of the four groups of five:
[Linked Image]

Then the Nosler 95gr BTs over H4350. Two thou off the lands. Not hot, but accurate for the first go-round, except for that one pull to the left on round #4:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
TTT

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mrchongo is as good to go as they come, great seller and no bull shichit

guns to me are like legal crack
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks for the kind words, 303Savage. TTT

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Friday bump.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Bump.

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Last call! If no interest, I’ll take it to GB. Custom Mausers have done OK there...at least up until very recently. Thanks!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
120 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 16 invisible), 1,799 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,684
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.