Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My work van is small with a metal safety divider. Not much room in the cab. I have to travel every day and I'm tired of cookies and cold beanie wienies. I hate a drive through on a good day and before the wu-flu most always enjoyed a decent meal in a decent restaurant, giving me some time out of the van.
So, for those still working that have to travel some, what do you order at a drive thru? So far its just been a sandwich of some kind for me, maybe I should get a serving tray for the van/jail cell.
Screw the flu

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Zaxbys / raisin canes is good drive thru fast food.
Chik-fil-a

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I hate drive thru because my hearing is so bad and trying to understand a screechy fast talking millennial or mexican is almost impossible.

Mostly I try to make it until I get home and eat a late lunch but have driven thru about 4 times the last couple weeks... whatever's close to the job, they all taste the same anymore. Chic filet has a line of cars all the time seems like, the others not so much.

If you have a good restaurant you usually go to they will likely have take out, done that two times.

Kent

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Had Lil Caesars pizza yesterday for lunch

FJB & FJT
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Did Burger King the other day...weird. Just the drive thru was open and then they have a guy bring you out the bag of food to the empty parking lot. Strange days.

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Call an order in to a small local cafe.

Hello Joe's Cafe...

Yeah hi, you guys doing take out orders?

Yes sir we are.

What are your specials today?

Special number one is hot beef, Number 2 is grits and some weird [bleep] that southern people eat, Number 3 is reuben sandwich with criss cut seasoned fries...

Oh [bleep], give me that number 3, Can I pick it up at 11:45?

Yes sir, that will work.

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Arby’s

But consider yourself warned. Immodium first

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mcalister's Deli is decent if you have them where you travel. A definite step up from drive-thru fare.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Culvers is my favorite drive-thru type burger.

Northern Dave has it right about finding a local diner with a lunch-special.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Most cafe's you can walk up to the door and order takeout, make sure and tip the waitress good as they are trying to survive.

Kent

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i generally don't patronize fast food places for a variety of reasons. but i wonder if anyone is thinking about the kid blowing snot in the burger before they bring it out to you.
one of my favorite grips locally is being hard of hearing, and trying to get an order in with a person who has english as a secondary language.
how hard is to understand bucket of chicken, extra crispy ?

Last edited by RoninPhx; 04/02/20.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Think I'll throw one of the camp chairs in the van, when the weather is decent I'll order then park and do the picnic thing. I just hate eating behind the wheel.
And yes, I'm still tipping, even more now.
This crap may end most of the hole in the wall eateries I frequent. My wife says I don't like to eat anyplace that don't have a screen door latch on the bathroom door. Trying to keep my immunity up. LoL

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by blindshooter
My work van is small with a metal safety divider. Not much room in the cab. I have to travel every day and I'm tired of cookies and cold beanie wienies. I hate a drive through on a good day and before the wu-flu most always enjoyed a decent meal in a decent restaurant, giving me some time out of the van.
So, for those still working that have to travel some, what do you order at a drive thru? So far its just been a sandwich of some kind for me, maybe I should get a serving tray for the van/jail cell.
Screw the flu

I like the southwest salad from McDonald’s.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’m in a van a lot also. I bring my food now. I ain’t getting nothing out a window for a while.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Don’t be that guy (or the female) in the drive thru that orders a salad.

And if you must, suck it up and YOU pick the cran-raisins off yourself.

The phoucking salads are pre-made in a different space-time continuum.

Don’t add 7 minutes for the rest of us who are just getting a sweet tea. Please

laugh

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Screw the flu

Well, Screw or be Screwed. Roll up thermarest laid out in the shady side of a building. Eat lunch, take nap.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by hanco
I’m in a van a lot also. I bring my food now. I ain’t getting nothing out a window for a while.

Yeah, the cashier at the window wears gloves for her protection, grabbing cash and credit cards and then handing you your contaminated food bag.

Get you some of that in your van.

Do folks ever wonder if the illegal alien that fixed their food washed their hands and wore a mask?

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/02/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
We own a small local diner, and my father is doing all he can to not only survive, but keep the help working and the doors open. He now does take outs, 4 afternoons and evenings a week. It doesn't cover the bills, but I think mentally it helps, and his regular customers appreciate him being there for them. He's almost 80,and when I asked about a possible retirement in the future, his reply was are you kidding, now's the perfect time to do a remodel and get ready for another 10 years. God Bless him, he's doing what he loves.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Screw the flu

Well, Screw or be Screwed. Roll up thermarest laid out in the shady side of a building. Eat lunch, take nap.

Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by hanco

Yeah, the cashier at the window wears gloves for her protection, grabbing cash and credit cards and then handing you your contaminated food bag.

Get you some of that in your van.

Y'all giving me a whole new outlook on this, going to chuck all that expensive stuff in the back and load up the camping gear. I have a 12v cooler too. Not sure when I'll have time to actually work...while it lasts.
Waiting on a back ordered part for a nursing facility. Can't hardly wait to spend 3 hrs crawling around in that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
89 members (10gaugemag, 99Ozarks, 257robertsimp, akshooting, 15 invisible), 1,653 guests, and 745 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,756
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.