Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I think we will see double than before we level off and start seeing a decline. Then what? This thing is ready to come roaring back when we let off the gas.

While still serious, I see two things that should mitigate another mass blow up.

First, once the chain of transmission in epidemics is broken the numbers always drop. If we use influenza as a parallel, you will see that April is the historic end to flu season. Spring Break closes schools, warm weather weakens the viruses. People still get the flu later, but the numbers drop here after April.

The other factor that seems to go unnoticed is that as the virus circulates and people are exposed, people develop antibodies rendering them immune and incapable of transmitting the disease. As greater numbers of people develop antibodies, less people can contract or spread the virus. That is a permanent break in the chain of transmission. Those people don't need to be sheltered. They are free to resume ordinary activities and are not at risk and not a threat to spread the disease.

Again, we can't be sure, but we have data and procedures from other diseases and these procedures always work in isolating and containing. Therefore my guarded "optimism" that we will not see an Italy thing here with 200,000 dead. We are doing effective procedures. We have a better healthcare system. I am glad for both.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
New York state per capita death rate has effectively caught up to Italy, and will almost certainly blow right by tomorrow.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
While we have lots of hospitals, we also have a horrible obesity rate. That's a big problem when paired with this virus.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Fat people best keep hunkered down.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by Morewood
I firmly believe the virus swept through California back in January and February. My wife was sicker'n a dog for 3 weeks with symptoms that match the Wuhan virus. At that same time frame we had 5 employees out sick with the same symptoms. This was before the shtf and there was no testing for this virus.

Sure is convenient all y'all people wanting to be the first to have it stayed out of the ICUs until March. Or maybe it only affect the younger healthy folks and then decided to start preying on the elderly a bit later. Or, maybe y'all was just sick and there's not much more to it. I guess we'll never know. Here's to all those who had it and didn't die early.

Yep.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
Fat people best keep hunkered down.

They can’t!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,961
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.