Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Won't surprise me if landlords and realtors were required to do certified Hazmat cleanups of formerly occupied rentals and houses before renting/selling again at some point.

BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by joken2

Won't surprise me if landlords and realtors were required to do certified Hazmat cleanups of formerly occupied rentals and houses before renting/selling again at some point.

Hazmat? Shirley you jest. Ever heard of Purel? Lysol wipes?

LMAO.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by joken2

Hazmat? Shirley you jest. Ever heard of Purel? Lysol wipes?

LMAO.

If nothing else is learned from all this, it should be the idiom, 'Never say Never'...

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I think the problem is social media ,people posting that rent is waived and such.
No one will think they have to pay back rents.
I haven't reached out to my tenants,as none of them pay on time,they pay but rarely in the first week.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Roy Munson would still be there.

Originally Posted by slumlord
For five year she was so nice, loh', she was lovey-dovey

I come home one particular evening
The landlady said, "You got the rent money yet?"
I said, "No, can't find no job"
Therefore I ain't got no money to pay the rent"
She said, "I don't believe, you're tryin' to find no job"
Said, "I seen you today, you were standin' on a corner
Leaning up against a post"
I said "But I'm tired, I've been walkin' all day"
She said, "That don't confront me
Long as I get my money next Friday"
Now, next Friday come, I didn't have the rent
And out the door I went

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Roy Munson would still be there.

Originally Posted by slumlord
For five year she was so nice, loh', she was lovey-dovey

I come home one particular evening
The landlady said, "You got the rent money yet?"
I said, "No, can't find no job"
Therefore I ain't got no money to pay the rent"
She said, "I don't believe, you're tryin' to find no job"
Said, "I seen you today, you were standin' on a corner
Leaning up against a post"
I said "But I'm tired, I've been walkin' all day"
She said, "That don't confront me
Long as I get my money next Friday"
Now, next Friday come, I didn't have the rent
And out the door I went

Ohhh, not in my place. He'd be wishing he never moved in. lol. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rong
I think the problem is social media ,people posting that rent is waived and such.
No one will think they have to pay back rents.
I haven't reached out to my tenants,as none of them pay on time,they pay but rarely in the first week.

not to fear; theres talk of another few trillion bailout in the works. You'll get paid eventually, even if its in confederate money.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey SlumLord !
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I got 2 bachelors renting shacks for peanuts, one's a carpenter and one's a handyman and taxidermist. They keep the place up, never ever got a call to fix anything, never a complaint, the taxidermist gave me half of his deer meat this year, and a freezer full of garden veggies. They don't have to pay up if they don't feel like it, and if they get way behind, I just don't care. Most of the poverty stricken working people in this rural area are finding it hard to get in lather over the flu....they've been struggling all their lives, it's just one more bad card in the deck.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I foresee lots of evictions foreclosures and repos

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flintlocke
They keep the place up, never ever got a call to fix anything, never a complaint, the taxidermist gave me half of his deer meat this year, and a freezer full of garden veggies.

I've experienced similar with my long term tenants, what goes around comes around.

I'm typically either outta state or just outta touch when it comes to dealing with my rental properties.
They're on remote control, when I do hear from them it's never a complaint.

I had one tenant I thought I might be loosing recently, they were a young family when I moved them.
They have been there 14 years now, their kids have grown and moved on in life, they might still have one in college.
I was thinking they might be looking to downsize, it's a rather large house on some acreage.

I drove by this past Fall while I was in Montana to take a look, it'd been two or three years since I'd last seen it.
The place had a fresh paint job and about a quarter acre sectioned off with a new white vinyl fence.
They picked good colors, the place looked great, they ain't planning on going nowhere anytime soon.

I have a commercial tenant that does a lot of work keeping a store front he rents from me updated.
He's been there almost 20 years, never complains, keeps the place looking spectacular, he's dropped a serious dime on the work he's done.

My rents are below market and tenants like these make it easy to keep it that way.

I quit excepting rents two weeks ago and have no plans to start again until things get back to normal.
When I do it's not going to be with a balance due, that would just further complicate any financial issues any of them may be experiencing.

After my notice went out I got a reply from one of my residential's thinking I was selling or kicking them out.
I called them right away and put them at ease, I guess my notice was too brief with no details.

I've done rent free Decembers before just as a Christmas/appreciation gift, I assumed they would realize it was a similar gesture.

One of my commercial tenants emailed me and said my offer was appreciated but not necessary, I replied telling him there would be no exceptions even if he did feel entitled to special treatment....lol....

Another of my residential tenants sent me a "thank you" email yesterday with this image attached, they said it's snow again in Montana and they were self quarantined in the house but the elk were in the lower pasture again....

They take care of me every bit as much as I do them, landlordin' is as tuff as you make it...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by earlybrd
I foresee lots of evictions foreclosures and repos

The courts are literally shut down here. The backlog is going to be massive and court proceedings are going to take a loooong time.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
684 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 77 invisible), 3,084 guests, and 1,473 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,678
Posts18,399,550
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.