Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Anyone have any time with a Canick TP9 SF Elite?

Is the trigger as good as is reported in the 'reviews' (which I have found are advertisements as much as reviews)

Will mags from other full sized models fit the smaller SF Elite?

Overalll your thoughts?

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
GB1

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
I'd like to know too. I've got the SFx, and have considered picking up the smaller SF Elite as well.

I'd guess the trigger is similar to the SFx, the one I handled at the range felt like it, but I didn't disassemble it and don't know for sure.

Last edited by Yondering; 04/02/20.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I haven't shot one, but the triggers I've tried were pretty darned good, on par with the fancier SIG 320s, if not better.

I've been looking for something to replace my M&P, as I just haven't warmed up to it and it's staplegun trigger. The M&P's trigger is better than a stock Glocks, but not much better. The Canik I fooled with was awfully good.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I have shot the Elite and have a SF and the trigger in the Elite was a whisper better than the SF. Very impressed with the Elite and think it is a contender in the size niche that it is in. It felt very good in the hand and was more desirable than the SF I already had. Accuracy was correspondingly better, I think due to the trigger, than you would expect looking at the size of the pistol.

I had the Elite on a buy list before the virus hit and it remains there now.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Anyone have any time with a Canick TP9 SF Elite?

Is the trigger as good as is reported in the 'reviews' (which I have found are advertisements as much as reviews)

Will mags from other full sized models fit the smaller SF Elite?

Overalll your thoughts?
have both --- about 6000 rds. between the two.

yes and yes. The other guys TP9 mags work well also.. Beretta TP9 can be modified.

Longer 20 rd. mags fit in the elite as well. as the replacements. Trigger let off is similar to but take up shorter and over travel less than M&P 2.0

Grip is better than the larger model.

Hard to explain, but for me, allowing the gun to cycle before allowing the trigger to go forward, rather than timing the two as in Glock, gives very fast time transitions between targets. doesn't seem as sensitive as comp model.

sights may seem "tall" to some shooters, but they remind me when target guns had tall thin front sights with tighter light bars on the side --more than the current "fast - wide ones"

main difference -- the way the slide is removed from the frame. Elite tilts off. comp. moves forward.

either gun is a steal for the price in terms of quality and value

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks for the info. Been fondling one and thinking strongly, fits me well.

Deposit is down.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Got an SF , SF elite. Elite sc also . Will put them against anything . And I have or have owned damn near everthing

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by ldholton
Got an SF , SF elite. Elite sc also . Will put them against anything . And I have or have owned damn near everthing

What's the difference between the SF Elite and the Elite sc?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by ldholton

What's the difference between the SF Elite and the Elite sc?

SC is sub compact version , kind of like glock 19 vs 26

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Thanks.

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Yondering
Thanks.

I might mention the sub compact model airsoft forget the right phrase for you is Optics ready. That requires a mini side maybe the right phrase like a Sig Romeo 0 4 Co Witness

Last edited by ldholton; 04/03/20.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (10Glocks, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 02bfishn, 65 invisible), 2,505 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,228
Posts18,466,602
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.