Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Apart from what is happening in Alaska for spring bear and the Washington state bear closure, Nebraska closure for Turkey, Oregon effectively shut down all national forests. I just found out about this now.

It's being reported on other social media platforms that people are hearing rumors that Colorado may cancel all OTC hunts and likely national forests next but no confirmation- and I've been on hold today with Colorado for over 45 min with 18 people on the line ahead of me and finally just got disconnected.

https://www.oregonlive.com/travel/2...d-heres-how-the-decisions-were-made.html

By Friday, March 27, all 11 national forests in Oregon, as well as the five in Washington, had effectively closed to the public.

Anyone here have a lead on specific states that might be shutting down their seasons? I know Huntinfool had shared some preliminary info, but looks like States are not sharing a lot of detail at this point.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spring turkey on hold in WA.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Spring turkey is a “go” in Ks.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This fall will be my last chance to big game hunt...if I were to draw a tag, and I have an antelope point and one for the deer draw. I have 16 desert bighorn points.and 15 for California Bighorn. LOL...this would be the year I finally draw the tag, and watch, they'll close it all down. crazy

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How could closing hunting help against corona 19 ?

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We can still hunt if our survival depends on it. It does.

LOL
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Less competition I suppose..

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nebraska turkey is still open for residents but the sale of non-resident turkey permits has been suspended.

https://www.nptelegraph.com/news/st...d285ea8-7372-11ea-97d1-cbf822a50c73.html

LINCOLN – The Nebraska Game and Parks Commission is suspending the sale of nonresident spring turkey hunting permits in a proactive effort to prevent the potential for the spread of the coronavirus disease, according to a press release. This is being done by the Commission in coordination with Gov. Pete Ricketts Executive Order No. 20-11 to help protect the health of Nebraskans by discouraging unnecessary travel.

The agency in late March closed all parks offices and commission offices; service and education centers; and other facilities temporarily. Also closed in April, with a possible extension period, are state park and recreation area lodges, cabins and public shower buildings.

State parks, recreation areas and campgrounds remain open at this time, as are a limited number of public restrooms, which are sanitized regularly per Centers for Disease Control and Protection recommendations.

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My county just shut down the boat ramps. Stripers are running. I'm pissed and want a refund on my fishing license and boat registration and boat ramp pass. This is bs.

Dry run for totalitarianism

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 163bc

The company line is; they don't want you to travel to/through small communities which have limited medical resources.

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
CO game and fish sent out press release yesterday that rumors of hunting season closing were false and may have been started on social media platforms as an April Fools prank.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
NY state Turkey season starts May 1st and I haven't seen any changes to it as of today. For me it's a great way to social distance myself out in the woods with nobody else around to spook them. Just got my first trail cam picture of a turkey in a long time out back about 9:30 this morning.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 163bc

I suppose the traveling to and from and the stops in between!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
Apart from what is happening in Alaska for spring bear and the Washington state bear closure, Nebraska closure for Turkey, Oregon effectively shut down all national forests. I just found out about this now.

It's being reported on other social media platforms that people are hearing rumors that Colorado may cancel all OTC hunts and likely national forests next but no confirmation- and I've been on hold today with Colorado for over 45 min with 18 people on the line ahead of me and finally just got disconnected.

https://www.oregonlive.com/travel/2...d-heres-how-the-decisions-were-made.html

By Friday, March 27, all 11 national forests in Oregon, as well as the five in Washington, had effectively closed to the public.

Anyone here have a lead on specific states that might be shutting down their seasons? I know Huntinfool had shared some preliminary info, but looks like States are not sharing a lot of detail at this point.

Nebraska spring turkey has been shut down for non residents only. Those in the state are being asked to self quarantine. Of course this is archery only as the shotgun season hasn’t started for which all non resident permits have been cancelled. They are probably going to shut down LAKE MCCONAUGHY and no non resident fishing licenses will be sold or revoked. Smart move imho.

Swifty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Morewood
My county just shut down the boat ramps. Stripers are running. I'm pissed and want a refund on my fishing license and boat registration and boat ramp pass. This is bs.

Dry run for totalitarianism

bingo! first one was 911 with resulting "patriot act"

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They have used the "covid" to own your ass..... HELLO?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Far as i know... MS is still ThunderCat go for turkey.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What about the children and gramps and grammy , and I have copd and diabetes I could die..... better everyone stay home and follow government orders ....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
In SC, we dont GAF.
We will be hunting and it'll suck to be a DNR agent if they cancel a season.
SCDNR best stock up on truck tires.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by 22250rem
NY state Turkey season starts May 1st and I haven't seen any changes to it as of today. For me it's a great way to social distance myself out in the woods with nobody else around to spook them. Just got my first trail cam picture of a turkey in a long time out back about 9:30 this morning.

Youth weekend is April 25'th & 26'th. My daughter is looking forward to it, we have a "backyard" over 100 acres. Will be checking cameras and setting a popup blind this werkend.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

420 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 48 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,982
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.