Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
some don’t like Ramsey

because he will tell you flat out that you or your wife was a moron for getting a $100,000 music degree.

And no one wants to be told that they need to step out on faith and leave a crummy job for something better or pick up a second job to clean up financial hiccups

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by nealglen37
I know this will sound bad. However it's much easier for a single man to be financially conservative, I may buy the occasional gun...............but for the most part, women are terrible about spending and saving...............not always, just as a general rule.

Women have a special, extra lobe in their brain that requires shopping. Even for frivolous garbage.

It’s like a hamster that has to gnaw on something or those incisors continue to grow.

Luckily mine works her tail off.

J
Jeffrey Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Jeffrey: Your man "Dave" is right in his intentions and contentions but sadly many folks won't comply.
For a variety of reasons.
I have been completely debt free for nearly two decades now and I had never heard of "Dave" until a couple years ago.
I honestly TRY to listen to him on occasion but he is so repetitive, boring and uninspiring (kind of like "slimload" here on!) that I can only take a few minutes of his monotony!
So he is correct but VERY unpalatable to me (again just like "slimload"!).
In fact as time goes on I find that I resent him more each time I try to listen to him (again just like "slimload"!).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I hear what you’re saying about Dave and I agree that his shows are a lot of the same stuff over and over, but I think it’s damn hard to shoot many holes in his plan. The wife and I have the mortgage still, but we built the house last year and we’re already a third of the way through the mortgage. Other then that we have no debt of any kind, interest free or not. After reaching this point I’ll never go into debt again with the exception of a mortgage on a ranch some day, which Dave says is okay. 😊

J
Jeffrey Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by slumlord
some don’t like Ramsey

because he will tell you flat out that you or your wife was a moron for getting a $100,000 music degree.

And no one wants to be told that they need to step out on faith and leave a crummy job for something better or pick up a second job to clean up financial hiccups

That’s a true statement about people getting rubbed the wrong way and not liking someone even if that person is right. Happens all the time to me in my job. Some people are just sensitive when it comes to the possibility that they may be wrong or not know everything about everything.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I used to blanket subdivisions like a mini normandy invasion

If I knocked on your door, I was going to sell you a termite job, a flea treatment, a new roof, some replacement windows, some foundation or attic ventilation, a vapor barrier in your crawlspace, a monthly pest control contract, a deck, a privacy fence, tree work.

Them ones that have them No Soliciting signs, those schmucks are pushovers. They can’t say no. Hahaha

If you were rude, I sent my wife’s Uncle Harold out, he sold Kirby vacuums. Holy fugk, he’d rip you a new one. lol

Gypsy schitt right there!😁😁

IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I had a girlfriend once who wanted a new car, i said "what do you want a new car for, yours is working isn't it".......she said yes "but everyone at work has a new one" I think I just stared at her, in my head I was thinking "you crazy bitch". that one lasted about 3 months.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dave Ramsey couldn't carry Bruce Williams' jock strap when it comes to financial advice on the radio.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I never sold anything to someone that didn’t need it. If you had termites, I’d drag the husband under that crawlspace and show them mud tunnels, live insects, damage. . Always had extra coveralls.

If your roof was baked, I know I could sell you a job $2000-3000 cheaper than Sears Home Improvement would break it off in your ass. And I had real references all over,

You didn’t pay me a dime until all the work was finished, I wasn’t some scab picker that needed you to pay for the shingles first at the lumber yard. lol

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by nealglen37
I know this will sound bad. However it's much easier for a single man to be financially conservative, I may buy the occasional gun...............but for the most part, women are terrible about spending and saving...............not always, just as a general rule.

I picked a good one. She is the daughter of a retired copper mine top exec. My Father In Law started as a laborer in a southern Arizona copper mine, with his High School diploma - the most education (on paper) he ever achieved..

Finished a "few" years later as a top executive and world-wide consultant in the copper industry. He is still in the same 1,000 sq ft house in the southern Arizona mountains. Worth millions.

If you invest in a copper company that smelts, he designed that technology from the ground up - most of the world adopted his design.

He is in his 80's still drives an old Jeep Cherokee to the little mom-and-pop mexican food joint in Mammoth, AZ they have been going to for ~50 years..

So my wife gets it!

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Does she have a single sister?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got a ton of work from title companies, realtors, banks

I’d pop in and talk to the loan originators or agents, they say heck yeah, we’ve had to put off a closing for 2 more weeks because we can’t get to guy that gave us an estimate to come back and do the work.

Places like that would get a punch list from a VA or FHA inspector or home inspector. They couldn’t get one person to do everything on their list.

They didn’t want fool with Herman the plumber that only wanted to fix the garbage disposal but was too fat and old to replace the pipe boot flashing on the roof.

I’d get the list and me and my goon squad would be over there till 2am painting, plumbing, fixing loose screws, etc.

Creative flows of income. You can sleep when you’re dead.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dave Ramsey is a miserable little prick.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 19352012

Oh my..... did you lose your lunch money?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar

Oh my..... did you lose your lunch money?

I spent it on tacos from the Mexican place. The real one, not the one for white people. They were awesome.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Meh. Decent intentions. With an agenda for sure. But not some hateful "little prick" as you suggest.

Like I have said, not a follower or fan but I appreciate parts of the message.

Your post, on the other hand, suggest a very deep seeded personal issue that the 24HCF probably can't solve in your singular, cryptic post, Mr. 3.14159265359

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Of course I have deep seated personal issues. Everyone does.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Of course I have deep seated personal issues. Everyone does.

Are you by chance about 85 years old?

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duck911

Your post, on the other hand, suggest a very deep seeded personal issue that the 24HCF probably can't solve in your singular, cryptic post, Mr. 3.14159265359

Mmmm...pie

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Morewood
Originally Posted by duck911

Mmmm...pie

Mmmmmmm...pi.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I used to blanket subdivisions like a mini normandy invasion

If I knocked on your door, I was going to sell you a termite job........Them ones that have them No Soliciting signs, those schmucks are pushovers. They can’t say no. Hahaha

It’s illegal to solicit anything in my city. You show up at my door & get on my nerves, the man in blue will come to greet you hurriedly.

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
613 members (2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 59 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,599
Posts18,398,245
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.