Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by readonly
IF they don't have a pulse.....they're already phuggin dead.

Sure. Same as when docs stop a heart then restart it to get things back into the correct rhythm. Just stop it and,,,fugg it, walk away. They’re dead.

Apples and oranges. Bypass surgery, the pipes aren't clogged when you restart the pump.

Do you even know what the survival rate is for a victim who falls in public from a heart attack, and the pump stops?

Do you even know how many minutes it is before the brain is permanently damaged, like vegetable, from no blood flow?

Do you know the average time it takes for an ambulance to arrive, while the pump is idle?

You have no clue, as always.

If I remember off the top of my head, if the pump stops while you are out on the street....6% survival rate. They drag them to the hospital, so the criminal Industrial medical complex can build a ticket (charge insurance or the estate) tens of thousands of DOLLARS.

Thank goodness that you’re here. We’re saved now, all is well.

“Off the top of your head”. Heh. Pretty funny.

At least I know what I'm talking about, versus you bloviating, and trying to look like you know what you are talking about.

Troll who refuses to post a picture, knowing it would expose him as a false prophet...Nothing ever to see or read from this retard.

😎

6%? Uhh-huh, Yeah.

Nah.

Sorry. Don't buy your schit, Eelsucker91..

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just know that I hope that neither myself or anyone in my family has to be hospitalized right now. If I had a heart attack, I'd certainly want everyone possible done for me in order to save my life. The scary thing is that is a heart attack didn't get you, going to the hospital and getting corona might.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Navy hospital ships are for non-Wuhan Plague patients.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Sure. Same as when docs stop a heart then restart it to get things back into the correct rhythm. Just stop it and,,,fugg it, walk away. They’re dead.

Apples and oranges. Bypass surgery, the pipes aren't clogged when you restart the pump.

Do you even know what the survival rate is for a victim who falls in public from a heart attack, and the pump stops?

Do you even know how many minutes it is before the brain is permanently damaged, like vegetable, from no blood flow?

Do you know the average time it takes for an ambulance to arrive, while the pump is idle?

If I remember off the top of my head, if the pump stops while you are out on the street....6% survival rate. They drag them to the hospital, so the criminal Industrial medical complex can build a ticket (charge insurance or the estate) tens of thousands of DOLLARS.

You mean like the death panels that that made the decision to kill your papa and your sissy.

You sure are an ignorant basturd.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Would like to see the article referenced in the OP. But for perspective:

1) You don't start CPR until the patient is ALREADY clinically dead. No Pulse. No respiration.
2) 15 years of rural EMS. 0 for 23 on CPR saves, personally. As stated above, CPR survivability is about 4% to 5%. Not 99% like Hollyweird...
3) If you have more patients than you can treat, do you want to consume an ER bed and resources with a 50% survivability patient ? Or a <5% survivability patient ?

Anyone who has spent any time in the Emergency Services business has practiced / trained for "Mass Casualty" events. How to triage, care for, and save as many lives as possible when you can't save them all. Typical scenario is school bus, mass shooting, air crash, etc...

Folks, we are rapidly approaching a "Mass Casualty" event with Covid 19. It ain't the fight we chose. But, it is the fight we get. The middle of a battle is not the time/place to argue over how we should have trained or prepared. That boat has sailed. Now is the time to do the best we can with the training and preparation that we have in place. We can kick dirt at each other about how to do better next time on the other side during the After Action Report. We are in battle. We need to close ranks and act like it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Folks, we are rapidly approaching a "Mass Casualty" event with Covid 19. It ain't the fight we chose. But, it is the fight we get. The middle of a battle is not the time/place to argue over how we should have trained or prepared. That boat has sailed. Now is the time to do the best we can with the training and preparation that we have in place. We can kick dirt at each other about how to do better next time on the other side during the After Action Report. We are in battle. We need to close ranks and act like it.

I agree 100%. But, the problem is that there are too many fools out there who still believe it's just a plot by the Democrats and the media to make Trump look bad.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They will blame President Trump. Dems are great at creating problems and shifting blame. Their bread and butter is victim-hood.
Really the local government and certainly the state regulates the hospitals.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
If your planning on having a heart attack, best put it off for a while!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
[quote=readonly]IF they don't have a pulse.....they're already phuggin dead.

Thank goodness that you’re here. We’re saved now, all is well.

“Off the top of your head”. Heh. Pretty funny.

At least I know what I'm talking about, versus you bloviating, and trying to look like you know what you are talking about.

[/quote

Ohhh, yeah, you’re a real heavy hitter,,,,minus pictures and credentials.

But, please regale us with your vast knowledge.]

Intelligent people recognize other intelligent people through their writing. You are obviously too stupid to realize that fact. Pictures are not needed to prove intelligence.

King Baby has spoken.

Yet another foot stomping, off the rails, hissy fit. Didn’t take long.

King Baby.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"taken" to ER.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
In NM we were given similar orders and it is because of limited PPE and how many people are involved in a code in a hospital setting.

Code protocols have have changed drastically here for first responders and assume they have/will everywhere.

Originally Posted by hookeye
Is that because bringing them to the Covid contaminated ER's is a death sentence?
Or is it because the the Chinese virus gets priority?
Or maybe certain people are worth more than others?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have worked hundreds of heart attacks in the field, as a paramedic.
And I worked hundreds more in the ER, as my EMS was hospital based.

To an EMT this announcement is no big deal. The paramedics are working the code in the house. They have just as good a heart monitor and the same drugs as the ER.
If the EMTs administer drugs and have performed endotrachial intubation and oxygen, and defibrillate the patient 3 or 4 times, takes about 15 minutes, and if the heart has not restarted by then, the patient is dead. I have performed over 100 endotrachial intubations.
The chance of a recovery in the ER, after the code has been worked unsuccessfully in the field, is around zero.

We were not allowed to pronounce a patient dead so the hundreds of codes I worked at home, every single one was transported to the ER. Yes 8 or 10 of those were "saved." The heart began beating again in the ER. And the patient was taken up to ICU where they "lived" for another week, never regained consciousness [the brain was shot anyway] ran up a $200,000 hospital bill, and then they officially, and mercifully, died.

Of all those codes we worked in the field and then transported to the ER to get worked some more, none of them recovered to where they walked out of the hospital.

Us cynical medics sometimes thought that they worked those codes so hard in the ER only if the patient had good insurance so the hospital could run up a good ICU bill, prior to the trip to the graveyard.
We medics viewed CPR as "abuse of a corpse." Today, as a civilian, if I saw a 65 year old guy keel over at the grocery store and I felt for a pulse and there was none, I am going to keep my mouth shut and walk on by. His heart stopped because he has an old, diseased heart. He is dead.

If I saw a lineman get electrocuted, or if I saw a kid drown in the river, and the heart stopped, I would do CPR. This patient is young and has a healthy heart, CPR might possibly save them and return them to a normal life.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I hope I die that way. I don’t want to die in some damn old folks home wondering why none of my kin comes to see me!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Sounds like the Triage that we were so badly trying to prevent, is happening now by verdict. Ironic...

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Intelligent people recognize other intelligent people through their writing.

I'm betting your an expert when it comes to fellatio
*you’re

grin

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Here, they are laying off ER and hospital medial and support staff. Just nothing for them to do. Despite the stories of bodies all over the place. No elective surgery, but all emergencies welcome.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 04/03/20.

Sam......

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They’ve got a similar protocol in place up here too, if the covid starts runnin rampant. Not a good time to get hurt or sick...

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sounds like it’s all working according to the plan.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Would like to see the article referenced in the OP. But for perspective:

1) You don't start CPR until the patient is ALREADY clinically dead. No Pulse. No respiration.
2) 15 years of rural EMS. 0 for 23 on CPR saves, personally. As stated above, CPR survivability is about 4% to 5%. Not 99% like Hollyweird...
3) If you have more patients than you can treat, do you want to consume an ER bed and resources with a 50% survivability patient ? Or a <5% survivability patient ?

Anyone who has spent any time in the Emergency Services business has practiced / trained for "Mass Casualty" events. How to triage, care for, and save as many lives as possible when you can't save them all. Typical scenario is school bus, mass shooting, air crash, etc...

Good post, Orion.

Antlers posted a link to the story above.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 12344mag, 007FJ, 67 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,128
Posts18,464,641
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.