Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Wouldn't it be so totally awesome if all commanders up and down the military chain of command in times of National Emergency went public with everything they "felt" was wrong with decisions and policies they might disagree with.

I mean heck we might never have fire bombed or dropped a nuke on Japan. Should have just dropped leaflets telling them to pretty please surrender.

Excellent post.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
FWIW . . . In the military, you only write a letter (document) to CYA.

Yep, letter or email to put on record. He should have sent an internal email up his chain of command and cc'd entire chain of command. Leaking to public was not wise.

I think it was leaked by someone up his chain of command that had it in for him. You would be surprised how much jealousy and backbiting goes on within the upper ranks. Worse than a pack of old biddies and dowagers.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
And they are loving it. It sure quited down their social unrest.

This was a first strike by the cchnkks in our war with them. It seems to be working and welcomed by the MSM as a tool to get rid of our inconvenient President. President Trump isn't in any position to tell them GFY yet. I hope it happens before he leaves office.

China cares nothing for 1-2 million dead from this biological weapon, and they'll stick it out as long as necessary to achieve their goal.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It just sends a hell of a message to our future military leaders. You try to save your people and your [bleep]. Gotta love this PC world when the left and some right are involved.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Wouldn't have to have been from above, below same stuff. One of the problems with delegating responsibilities. A Captain is GOD on a ship deployed, but also responsible for everything. A message like this is a PF. (Personal For) He sent a letter? Not the norm at all.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Hometown paper? His wife is probably Deep Throat.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by navlav8r
The communication should have been a classified message since it addresses readiness, probably on the TS level when you’re talking about an asset like a carrier and the airwing.

What passage of the letter that addressed readiness are you referring to, beyond the one that said he'd go to sea and kick anyone's ass he had to?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If someone went around him to the Admiral or press, he wouldn't have hesitated to nail them for Failure to Follow the Chain of Command.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It had to be someone in the chain of command. Nobody below him would have access to the letter, except maybe the XO.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
The fact that he is discussing readiness AT ALL in an unclassified document is the problem.
Originally Posted by RufusG
The communication should have been a classified message since it addresses readiness, probably on the TS level when you’re talking about an asset like a carrier and the airwing.

What passage of the letter that addressed readiness are you referring to, beyond the one that said he'd go to sea and kick anyone's ass he had to?

It’s not bringing up the presence of the disease on his ship that’s the problem; it’s the discussion of readiness of a “national asset” in an unclassified manner, where the world can see it and it can be leaked. That is the problem. Trying to protect your sailors is highly commendable but that’s not the mission of a carrier at sea. It’s to project American power and policy in contested waters. Tough thing to say but that’s how it has to be even during “peacetime ops

We don’t have the number of operational carriers that we had a few years ago and if our adversaries know one of our deployed carriers is going to be out of commission for a while, what’s the likelihood that our adversaries will try to do something stupid?

“Operational necessity” comes into play and it’s one of those phrases used to justify flying in really BAD conditions (weather and/or pitching deck) and in iin effectsaying, “we’re going to accept the risk of losing an aircraft or air crew” even during peace time ops. Search You Tube for pitching deck operations.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
IC B3

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Based on the situation, the letter should have only gone to the next person/s directly above him in the chain of command.
Maybe it did and was ignored?

BFD. Sit on it.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
What are the chances someone sent it to the Captains hometown newspaper to implicate him.

Perhaps someone had it in for him?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Hey GayGagger, how about those Hospital ships?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

But sending it to anyone outside the chain of command

THIS is what got him fired and rightfully so..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Morewood
I read the letter and my point stands. His ship is weakened and he made that fact public.

l.

You have no clue...

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I would wonder if the COB was non-com?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
SECNAV is right on the money:

Relieved for cause

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
"I have spoken to the TR’s Carrier Strike Group Commander, RDML Stuart Baker. RDML Baker did not know about the letter before it was sent to him via email by the CO. It is important to understand that the Strike Group Commander, the CO’s immediate boss, is embarked on the Theodore Roosevelt, right down the passageway from him. The letter was sent over non- secure, unclassified email even though that ship possesses some of the most sophisticated communications and encryption equipment in the Fleet."
Jorge I know you are intimately familiar with the "court intrigue" which occurs at the Flag level. What do you think was going on between the Strike Group Commander and the Commanding Officer of CVN-71?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The fact that he is discussing readiness AT ALL in an unclassified document is the problem.
Originally Posted by RufusG

It’s not bringing up the presence of the disease on his ship that’s the problem; it’s the discussion of readiness of a “national asset” in an unclassified manner, where the world can see it and it can be leaked. That is the problem. Trying to protect your sailors is highly commendable but that’s not the mission of a carrier at sea. It’s to project American power and policy in contested waters. Tough thing to say but that’s how it has to be even during “peacetime ops

We don’t have the number of operational carriers that we had a few years ago and if our adversaries know one of our deployed carriers is going to be out of commission for a while, what’s the likelihood that our adversaries will try to do something stupid?

“Operational necessity” comes into play and it’s one of those phrases used to justify flying in really BAD conditions (weather and/or pitching deck) and in iin effectsaying, “we’re going to accept the risk of losing an aircraft or air crew” even during peace time ops. Search You Tube for pitching deck operations.

Yeah, I didn't think you'd actually read the letter.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Captain Crozier needs to be more than just relieved of command. The drama queen open communication of a readiness issue on a deployed aircraft carrier is way beyond poor judgment. He needs to be courts martialed out of the service , stripped of commission , and kicked out under other than honorable conditions. There’s little more important than the security of the operational condition of a deployed aircraft carrier.
Then there needs to be a review of the selection process that allowed someone so I’ll equipped to lead such a complex high stakes operation got there in the first place. The captain of an aircraft carrier should have ice water in their veins.

Last edited by Daveinjax; 04/03/20.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

455 members (163bc, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 42 invisible), 2,092 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,762
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.