Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'm with you in your hopes, RR. But while we've had our eyes on C19, there's been a major debt bubble burst which will only get worse due to C19. It's much bigger than 2008.

The fiat currency money scheme was soon to crash anyway.

That is what I have been hearing......for my entire adult life. I'm gonna be 55 in August.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
First of, let me say that I clicked on this thread at just the moment I was having the same feeling.

Enough! Stop it!

Then I read what the OP had to say. It was just more of the same. The same turds that were saying shutting down travel to China was going racist and going to cause a recession are the same turds that are now saying Trump's overreacting and racist and causing a recession. I stopped believing these turds when they kept saying Trump was a Russian operative. I laughed at these stupid twits. Now I'm getting really irritated.

I'm with Rocky on this one.

Let me go a step further. I'm really proud of how our country works. We don't need strongmen dictators to tell us what to do. That's why we're Americans. We have Governors and mayors and county commissioners and town councils to figure it out. Whenever I hear these dickweeds spewing it's always about how there needs to be more strong central authority. No. Trump and his team are doing the right things-- getting data, providing Leadership, and sending help where help is needed and requested. I don't need a Democrat fascist telling me what to do. The more I here the diseased ramblings of these turds, the more I realize how wrong they are and how much a measured regional and local is required.

No, we're not going to face a major economic collapse. Yes, there will be a recession, however, this will be a normal effect of a pandemic. What we don't need are ham-handed bureaucrats and wannabe-dictators screwing it up by making sweeping decisions that help no one except themselves.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
larger and stronger economy.

You mean the unhealthy and unstable wealth gap will shrink?

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by jwp475

Trump is always right

Yeah, maybe, but is Pauci always right?

Neil Freguson, the "eminent" British epidemiologist, three weks ago predicted 500,000 deaths in the UK from the Chinese flu. And last week he revised his prediction to 20,000.

Facts are, nobody has the slightest idea how serious this disease it.

But most serious economists say, if they're optimistic, the economy might recover by the end of 2021 provided the shutdown ends by the first of May.

So we're making sure one known disaster happens in order to avoid one that might happen.

You can't cure a Great Depression by printing money. FDR tried that.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
To model any recovery based on what happened in 2008 is comparing apples to rocket ships.

2008 was an economic collapse that was a result of some very poor economic planning on the part of some influential business sectors. It was the days of variable interest rate mortgages, etc. which provided people with easy access to things that they literally could not afford in many cases. This resulted in massive foreclosures and business failures. It was comparable to buying something today and only paying interest on the purchase for 3-5 years. When 3-5 years had elapsed and the total bill became due (even in installments), reality hit for many purchasers.

Fast forward to 2020 - this is an economic interruption caused by a virus that is totally unrelated to economic conditions in a direct sense.. The virus has interrupted business as usual but this will pass. If this would have happened in the economic mess that we were in in 2008, results would have been much different than even the slow growth that resulted after 2008.

Will all businesses survive? Most definitely not, but the Darwin Theory (Survival of the Fittest) will prevail. And most stable businesses will survive and grow.

Two totally different things.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"We" may bounce back, but thousands of businesses will not. There seems to be a tendency to individualize the deaths, but not the economic victims. It's OK to just lump them together in the random lump of anonymity. Why don't they get the same respect? These are real people with real employees and real families. They sure as hell don't just pop back up and open for business.

Last edited by 280shooter; 04/03/20.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I hope you're right, Rocky. Another consequence could be a lot of opened eyes...so many seem to take the benefits of American freedom and prosperity for granted.

Agreed. We haven't hit bottom yet, but I expect President Trump will succeed in rebuilding this economy - for the second time - within a very short time span! At least, right now I can think of noone better suited to the task.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by shaman
First of, let me say that I clicked on this thread at just the moment I was having the same feeling.

Enough! Stop it!

Then I read what the OP had to say. It was just more of the same. The same turds that were saying shutting down travel to China was going racist and going to cause a recession are the same turds that are now saying Trump's overreacting and racist and causing a recession. I stopped believing these turds when they kept saying Trump was a Russian operative. I laughed at these stupid twits. Now I'm getting really irritated.

I'm with Rocky on this one.

Let me go a step further. I'm really proud of how our country works. We don't need strongmen dictators to tell us what to do. That's why we're Americans. We have Governors and mayors and county commissioners and town councils to figure it out. Whenever I hear these dickweeds spewing it's always about how there needs to be more strong central authority. No. Trump and his team are doing the right things-- getting data, providing Leadership, and sending help where help is needed and requested. I don't need a Democrat fascist telling me what to do. The more I here the diseased ramblings of these turds, the more I realize how wrong they are and how much a measured regional and local is required.

No, we're not going to face a major economic collapse. Yes, there will be a recession, however, this will be a normal effect of a pandemic. What we don't need are ham-handed bureaucrats and wannabe-dictators screwing it up by making sweeping decisions that help no one except themselves.

What the heck are you babbling about? Who said shutting down travel from China was not a good idea?

" Yes, there will be a recession, however, this will be a normal effect of a pandemic." You mean like the new virus that killed 100,000 Americans in 1957-58, or the one that killed 116,000 Americans in 1968? Where were those recessions?

What do you know about business or economics? Answer: Nothing.

I'm glad you don't have "ham-handed bureaucrats and wannabe-dictators screwing it up" in Kentucky. Somehow I missed the election you all voted for to shut down the businesses in Kentucky. Here in Ohio we had no choice. Our "ham-handed dictator" shut us down and now (as of yesterday) is talking about it being doubtful the shutdown can end when summer begins.

For the record, I voted for Trump in 2016, I will vote for Trump in 2020, and I am in the 'high risk group" due to age.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same ole same ole over here. Hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst 🤷🏻‍♂️

Many small biz won’t survive, am hoping ours will.

But lots won’t, you’ll still be able to buy donuts at the grocers, but perhaps not at Donald’s Donuts

Still be able to get your car fixed at Midas, but perhaps not at Mike the Mechanic

Say each one of them had 4 employees.

If Mike & Donald were customers at our biz we’ll feel their absence

The recovery from this won’t be like turning on a light switch

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
+ 1000 ^^ There are people in Wyoming out of money. That means food is going to become a big issue for them. Many of these small business will not pop back. The big Depression word is being in the news more and more.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dr. Fauci has stated we should not relax social distancing until we have no new cases of Covid ... and no deaths from Covid.... let that sink in....
It'a almost as if they are trying to destroy the economy..... hmmmmm

But nothing to see... just move along... this is a pandemic after all, just like the the other pandemics.... well sorta

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BayouRover
To model any recovery based on what happened in 2008 is comparing apples to rocket ships.

2008 was an economic collapse that was a result of some very poor economic planning on the part of some influential business sectors. It was the days of variable interest rate mortgages, etc. which provided people with easy access to things that they literally could not afford in many cases. This resulted in massive foreclosures and business failures. It was comparable to buying something today and only paying interest on the purchase for 3-5 years. When 3-5 years had elapsed and the total bill became due (even in installments), reality hit for many purchasers.

Fast forward to 2020 - this is an economic interruption caused by a virus that is totally unrelated to economic conditions in a direct sense.. The virus has interrupted business as usual but this will pass. If this would have happened in the economic mess that we were in in 2008, results would have been much different than even the slow growth that resulted after 2008.

Will all businesses survive? Most definitely not, but the Darwin Theory (Survival of the Fittest) will prevail. And most stable businesses will survive and grow.

Two totally different things.

Agreed....I would add that a new chapter at the Wharton School of Business will be included under “Preparing and Surviving” How to go from robust and thriving economy to a economic pandemic meltdown in 14 days and come out on top....Grins. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by irfubar
Dr. Fauci has stated we should not relax social distancing until we have no new cases of Covid ... and no deaths from Covid.... let that sink in....

But nothing to see... just move along... this is a pandemic after all, just like the the other pandemics.... well sorta

Anyone that says that should be the guidelines for relaxing the social distancing guidelines is an Idiot (capitalized).

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 280shooter
"We" may bounce back, but thousands of businesses will not. There seems to be a tendency to individualize the deaths, but not the economic victims. It's OK to just lump them together in the random lump of anonymity. Why don't they get the same respect? These are real people with real employees and real families. They sure as hell don't just pop back up and open for business.

Some folks will choose death vs. financial ruin.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

Good morning, f.ucktard.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Good morning, f.ucktard.

Haha!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by irfubar

Anyone that says that should be the guidelines for relaxing the social distancing guidelines is an Idiot (capitalized).

Thank you... that is my point ... these wizards of smart are idiots... yet they have the world cowering in fear... maybe we deserve what we get.. I am going out kicking and screaming though.. wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just more Fear Mongering.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Should know in another week just how bad its going to get. Mar 18th death rate was right at 100, last Friday the 27th it was right at 1,000, today its at 6,070,, late Monday it should be somewhere near 12,000 if it continues the current rate of increase it'll be 24,000 mid week and upwards of 50,000 by next Friday.

Some news channels has stopped showing the stats. And last reports is that other countries are starting to show a new increase of new cases.

Phil

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

no , it will never shrink, the difference between ambitious people and slackers will continue to be made apparent.
Darwin was right , survival belongs to those most adept at adaptation.

.... like tears in the rain
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

644 members (1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,870 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,574
Posts18,453,952
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.