Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

..............Delusional? Excuse me?.........Bullcrap! There are more economists of primarily liberal persuasion who did predict a bad economy under Trump.

I could be mistaken but I can recall only one economist that predicted a recession due to Trump getting elected. That was the New York Times columnist (forget his name) who won a Nobel prize some years ago. He said the Dow would drop a lot. It didn't. Do you know any more who thought the same thing?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

..............Delusional? Excuse me?.........Bullcrap! There are more economists of primarily liberal persuasion who did predict a bad economy under Trump.

I could be mistaken but I can recall only one economist that predicted a recession due to Trump getting elected. That was the New York Times columnist (forget his name) who won a Nobel prize some years ago. He said the Dow would drop a lot. It didn't. Do you know any more who thought the same thing?

Krugman..... leftist trash

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
IndyCa35: I don't think you are correct in your contentions.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Quak
Honestly...i just hope we all survive. A good economy is no help to a dead man or to someone who has lost loved ones.

Just my opinion and im sitting here laid off...likely for the next two months

I dont care what I loose...as long as i have my family by my side

And that is your personal decision and that is good for you and yours. The problem is due to misinformation and panic the ability for others to make a different decision has been taken away from them!

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

..............Yup! So called economic experts from darn near every lib rag newspaper in the country as well as so called economic guest pundazzez from CNN, MSLSD, Rachael MadCOW disease, MSLSD, not to mention the clowns from the Washington COMpost, Atlanta Journal CONSTIPATION and many others.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If healthy younger people do not go back to work soon you will not need a wall at the Mexican border.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Slavek

If healthy younger people do not go back to work soon you will not need a wall at the Mexican border.
................We need the wall anyway. A weeeee bit of a slight drug problem....Economy won't stay horrible

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

You mean the unhealthy and unstable wealth gap will shrink?

Hey, Dumbass...

Why don't you do something about that yourself?

What other country in the world do you have as much opportunity to thrive and enrich yourself on the fruits of your own labor?

Oh. That's right.. I added the "L" word.

That messes your entitled commies up every single time.

Why don't you move to Venezuela? Eat your own dog for supper.

Your inability to carry on a conversation can be overlooked.
Your attempt to hide that fact brings you laughable attention.
Life as a happy fool.

Who is stopping you?

Who is holding you back?

If the US is so damned horrible, then why are so many people trying to get in?

GFY.

You? Its no longer about you nor I.
Even the blind man can see far beyoud his nose.
But you can not.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The economy will roar back once we rid America of the "do nothing" people.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the economy will come back when you don't have to worry about someone coughing on you at a basketball game. That's going to take some time for people to get comfortable with that again, even with restrictions lifted.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BayouRover
To model any recovery based on what happened in 2008 is comparing apples to rocket ships.

2008 was an economic collapse that was a result of some very poor economic planning on the part of some influential business sectors. It was the days of variable interest rate mortgages, etc. which provided people with easy access to things that they literally could not afford in many cases. This resulted in massive foreclosures and business failures. It was comparable to buying something today and only paying interest on the purchase for 3-5 years. When 3-5 years had elapsed and the total bill became due (even in installments), reality hit for many purchasers.

Fast forward to 2020 - this is an economic interruption caused by a virus that is totally unrelated to economic conditions in a direct sense.. The virus has interrupted business as usual but this will pass. If this would have happened in the economic mess that we were in in 2008, results would have been much different than even the slow growth that resulted after 2008.

Will all businesses survive? Most definitely not, but the Darwin Theory (Survival of the Fittest) will prevail. And most stable businesses will survive and grow.

Two totally different things.

if you put your research hat on, you can track 2008 decline back to Billy Bob Klinton's policies.

At the heart of many of our country's greatest failures, and the challenges to overcome them, are leftist policies and ideologies.

But, I digress.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
The economy will roar back once we rid America of the "do nothing" people.

What's the bag limit?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
A NATIONAL MORITORIUM on debt such as rent, home loans, business, and car notes should be put into place immediately if not sooner!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Hey, Dumbass...

Why don't you do something about that yourself?

What other country in the world do you have as much opportunity to thrive and enrich yourself on the fruits of your own labor?

Oh. That's right.. I added the "L" word.

That messes your entitled commies up every single time.

Why don't you move to Venezuela? Eat your own dog for supper.

Your inability to carry on a conversation can be overlooked.
Your attempt to hide that fact brings you laughable attention.
Life as a happy fool.

Who is stopping you?

Who is holding you back?

If the US is so damned horrible, then why are so many people trying to get in?

GFY.

You? Its no longer about you nor I.
Even the blind man can see far beyoud his nose.
But you can not.

You Chuck are a worthless individual, people like you are sick and wrong. Not much else to say, I despise everything you stand for and so do all that dearly love this Country. Not sure how you can sleep at night . . . shame on you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oakster
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
larger and stronger economy.

Not until the lower income earners learn to not use credit, save money and invest. The priority it to drive nice cars, eat out and collect tattoos and cell phones. Well a priority is spent on growing wealth and understanding how money works while thinking long term, the wage gap wont close. Those who make money, make more money. Money that is invested grows exponentially too, like a coronavirus. Money spent on car payments and tattoos does not do that.

Some of it could be called The Poor Decision Gap.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by BayouRover
To model any recovery based on what happened in 2008 is comparing apples to rocket ships.

2008 was an economic collapse that was a result of some very poor economic planning on the part of some influential business sectors. It was the days of variable interest rate mortgages, etc. which provided people with easy access to things that they literally could not afford in many cases. This resulted in massive foreclosures and business failures. It was comparable to buying something today and only paying interest on the purchase for 3-5 years. When 3-5 years had elapsed and the total bill became due (even in installments), reality hit for many purchasers.

Fast forward to 2020 - this is an economic interruption caused by a virus that is totally unrelated to economic conditions in a direct sense.. The virus has interrupted business as usual but this will pass. If this would have happened in the economic mess that we were in in 2008, results would have been much different than even the slow growth that resulted after 2008.

Will all businesses survive? Most definitely not, but the Darwin Theory (Survival of the Fittest) will prevail. And most stable businesses will survive and grow.

Two totally different things.

if you put your research hat on, you can track 2008 decline back to Billy Bob Klinton's policies.

At the heart of many of our country's greatest failures, and the challenges to overcome them, are leftist policies and ideologies.

But, I digress.

You'll get no argument from me on that. Clinton took advice from people who knew about as much as what he knew about reality, but they were all into power and money at any risk..

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
This may make me sound like a Pollyanna, but I predict that when this ends and restrictions are lifted, we'll not only roar right back, but rebound to an even larger and stronger economy.

In one year the DOW will again be knocking at the door of 30K.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Why does it have to even be a negative scenario?

Manufacturing, borders, the wall, our independence, all look much more essential than a few months ago.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I think we're in for a long recovery, you can't spend your way out of a recession. From what I see it's the same game just different players. Trump has proven he'll suck a willie for a vote, and Trump may be a Republican but he's damn sure not a fiscal conservative. I'm very worried about making it through this BS and our businesses - rentals carry no debt. This is a tough deal for a lot of independently owned small businesses especially those in the food service sector. I do believe that the US of A will be stronger and more self - sufficient because of this....as long as Trump is reelected.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What dumbasses like ShidAss Charlie don't understand is that as they post on the internet to complain about the inequities of capitalism, they are rolling in wealth that was undreamed of in the 60s. All they can see is that there are other things that exist that they can't have because they can't afford them, and they bitch because no one will just give it to their sorry entitled asses. Get a clue, Dumbfuque. Just because something exists does not mean that you are entitled to it. And GFY with a bayonet.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
84 members (308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,559 guests, and 766 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,761
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.