-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What was the life expectancies in 1916 (right at 50) before the spanish flu compared to 2016 (78.6) in the United States?

Not worse than the spanish flu but deadly for folk that are past average life expectancy. Most of the folk in the 1918 flu were obviously younger.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 04/03/20.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shaman
I'm of the opinion that this is a real, serious problem. Politics aside, KYHillChick and I are both at risk if we catch it. I'm happy to be able to hunker down and wait for it to pass. There is probably going to be fall out from this, but if I can kiss my wife and hug my granddaughter in six months, I'll be satisfied.

That’s the problem...It’s not going to pass for you, me, or anyone else....It’s here, just like the other flu bugs we all catch.

Question is how will we do when we contract it?

Will there be a treatment to reduce the effect it may have on the lungs?

And will the hospital be calm enough to provide good care of you or triage you as likely not to survive and put you in the hallway.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Just curious, how many folks die in the US every day? It's bunch...

Same folks that were blowing smoke in my face at a restaurant when I was a kid are complaining that " everyone else is trying to kill them"....hmmm when did " risk" become a Boomer right?

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bowfisher

Same folks that were blowing smoke in my face at a restaurant when I was a kid are complaining that " everyone else is trying to kill them"....hmmm when did " risk" become a Boomer right?

It happened when boomers swallowed the entitlement pill... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bowfisher

Hard to disagree with that

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks, Boomer! 🤓😂

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I'm of the opinion that this is a real, serious problem. Politics aside, KYHillChick and I are both at risk if we catch it. I'm happy to be able to hunker down and wait for it to pass. There is probably going to be fall out from this, but if I can kiss my wife and hug my granddaughter in six months, I'll be satisfied.

That’s the problem...It’s not going to pass for you, me, or anyone else....It’s here, just like the other flu bugs we all catch.

And will the hospital be calm enough to provide good care of you or triage you as likely not to survive and put you in the hallway.

😎

Beav.... the obvious answer ,if you can do everything possible to avoid the "covid" this go around. Hopefully by next year they will have a vaccine, treatment or maybe a cure.

If this powerplay shut down goes on too long you will need to bring more booze and hookers for the bunker.... smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Originally Posted by joken2

Daughter is a nurse at a VA center. A few days ago she told me that it was utter chaos there with people wanting to be tested believing they might have corona virus symptoms. She said all they can do there is the initial swabs to rule out flu & strep...then they have to contact the health department to get the okay to send them for corona virus testing. They require that flu & other illnesses be checked first, which makes little sense because a person can have more than one illness.

It makes sense from the standpoint that corona causes a positive flu test and its been around since the fall

Johnny,

do you have link that shows that. A quick search I did found nothing like it, but my googlefu ain't up to snuff some days.

Thanks,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
All I know is when there is a confirmed case 250 yards from your house. The [bleep] gets real, real fast.

Yes it would and I hope nobody else gets it and this person gets well soon. That's one case. There have been 2 reported within a few miles of here too but do we need to shut everything down over that? If we're going to ruin the people of this nation financially we really need a reason to justify it. Some states and areas are little affected. Do they need to be ruined too? Why not let those that are in the areas where the risk is lower go to work?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar

😎

Beav.... the obvious answer ,if you can do everything possible to avoid the "covid" this go around. Hopefully by next year they will have a vaccine, treatment or maybe a cure.

If this powerplay shut down goes on too long you will need to bring more booze and hookers for the bunker.... smile

Yeah, is that really an issue?

Geno

PS, well, it could be if the bank account runs out. But Beav seems to be well prepared with bullets and stuff. He could barter I bet.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by CowboyTim
All I know is when there is a confirmed case 250 yards from your house. The [bleep] gets real, real fast.

Yes it would and I hope nobody else gets it and this person gets well soon. That's one case. There have been 2 reported within a few miles of here too but do we need to shut everything down over that? If we're going to ruin the people of this nation financially we really need a reason to justify it. Some states and areas are little affected. Do they need to be ruined too? Why not let those that are in the areas where the risk is lower go to work?

If they didn't "shut everything down" , how many folks would have come into contact with those two and anyone they had come into contact with?

No one knows, but perhaps you'd have 222 reported cases now?

The stuff gives every indication of being very contagious, perhaps not very lethal when all the numbers are in, but highly contagious nonetheless.

Geno

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

😎

Geno

PS, well, it could be if the bank account runs out. But Beav seems to be well prepared with bullets and stuff. He could barter I bet.

Barter? Pffft....Take is what you meant.

😬😎

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

😎

Geno

😬😎

You could team up with MCH for a full frontal assault... make MCH go first.... and catch a few bullets... hahahahaha

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
We're almost to the point where folks are going to shoot themselves in the head, so they can avoid getting the dreaded Covid-19.

I wish we would have made the homos stay 6' away from each other when HIV was discovered...a lot of kids that caught HIV in blood transfusions would be alive today. Unnatural sex acts OK, breathing in public, pariah material. Can't make this sheet up...unbelievable..

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The problem with the corona virus is that it is more political than medical. It has given politicians the power to control our lives and they love that. By collapsing our economy, we need to rely on them to provide for us and they love that. It has given politicians the power to control businesses, their right to remain open, dictate what to manufacture and how much to charge. What is a disaster for most people is a politician’s dream come true.

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Also, if you had the flu shot you are at a 36% higher risk of corona.

So if you are over 70, have diabetes, high BMI, and flu shot, you might wanna make sure your affairs are in order

https://www.disabledveterans.org/2020/03/11/flu-vaccine-increases-coronavirus-risk/

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 04/03/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim1611

Behind those locked hospital doors are hundreds of empty beds..... happening around the country. They are collapsing our healthcare system as we speak

This is absolutely true. Our main hospital that is about 30 miles from where I live is practically doing nothing. The last I knew a few days ago they had treated 4 people for this and none stayed in the hospital. They are concerned they may crumble financially from lack of income.

Hospitals are laying off & furloughing personnel at most functional levels, my wife is an RN in Michigan & my son is a PA in Milwaukee at U-W hospital.

There is little to no income as all routine & non-emergency procedures have stopped; most all doctor's practices are shutdown except for emergencies.

In the western Michigan county that we live in right now, we have 2 confirmed cases, 48 tested negative & 68 test not yet determined as of yesterday.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

😎

Geno

😬😎

You could team up with MCH for a full frontal assault... make MCH go first.... and catch a few bullets... hahahahaha

Good Plan...I noticed David Walters bought himself another Kevlar vest.

Somebody is looking for a firefight.

😎

“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The issue with "truth" is in this case it's very geographical. The "truth" for NY is not the same "truth" as here in WY when it comes to spread, severity etc. This country is simply to big for a one size fits all "truth" and solution.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m headed out from the safety of my coastal bunker right now and into the the arms of the big bad city of Portland.

I’ve got my black gloves on...A N95 Mask close by, a Glock 17 strapped into a Gunfighters Inc chest holster and my trusty AR Pistola ready to unleash the fury of my hate upon zombies, Antifa radicals, or
the biologically infected trying to spread this contagion.

Beaver out!

😡😎

“Molon Labe”
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

587 members (06hunter59, 22250rem, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,143 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,281
Posts18,448,568
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.