Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Interesting dialogue from The Federalist.

We Can't Destroy the Rest of the Country for NYC's Sake

Or will we? Or have we already done it?

MM

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thing is a lot of the country could easily become like NY within little time if there was no physical distancing requirements. Its natural to look for someone else to blame though I guess.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Salty303
Thing is a lot of the country could easily become like NY within little time if there was no physical distancing requirements. Its natural to look for someone else to blame though I guess.

Is anywhere in this nation so crowded? What do you base your statement on? Japan hasn't skipped a beat as far as working yet are they in dire straights?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
They say the apex curve will hit NYC in about 2 weeks and then the down slide in cases begins......Trump is right to open up the country in stages with the least affected areas opening up first..........If not carefully done, the cure will in fact, be more devastating than the disease with so many domino societal consequences.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim1611

Is anywhere in this nation so crowded? What do you base your statement on? Japan hasn't skipped a beat as far as working yet are they in dire straights?

Probably not quite as crowded but there's crowded cities in every corner of the country.

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Im in northern Michigan, now with the schools close and no work, everyone that has a cabin or a trailor is up! and think they are safe just because they are UP North! no telling how many brought the Virus with them! even tho its already here!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thing is a lot of the country could easily become like NY within little time if there was no physical distancing requirements.
Agreed. With an R Naught factor of 3.5 to 4, and this pathogen being as deadly as it is.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Deadly, or contagious? What is the survival rate of those who are confirmed to have the virus?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Cuomo issued a Eo, to take upstate NYs hospital supplys for NYC, so if you live upstate and need help to bad. FUAC.

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
A little bit of reading about NY rats leaving the ship to their vacation/holiday homes or rentals would indicate new Yorkers were and are doomed by their very behavior. It is very safe to say that most of the rest of the country does not behave so irresponsibly.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by saddlering
Im in northern Michigan, now with the schools close and no work, everyone that has a cabin or a trailor is up! and think they are safe just because they are UP North! no telling how many brought the Virus with them! even tho its already here!
Same thing happened here. I'm in rural upstate NY. Alot of NYC/LI/NJ residents have vacation homes and hunting camps in this area. They came here to get away from the virus at home and now we have it here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had an interesting conversation just 30 mins ago.

Former broker and PE guy I'm working with. in NYC We were doing a conference call and he said his brother is a cardiologist in the city. Been moved to working in the ICU to help with CV19.

Brother told him "Given what we're seeing right now - we had cases of Covid-19 as far back as mid November. Not as many of course but it's the exact same thing."

I've said here - since day 1, that I am 100% sure I had it in November.

Now on this call were some other guys - guys who've done and work in very deep statistical and predictive analytics. Data modeling. PhD in economics/finance, bachelors in nuclear engineering. Math geeks.

Basically said - another 4 weeks of issues isn't likely, will go longer. Didn't want to comment on the "death estimates" number and morbidity rate. Essentially calling the math BS - particularly when you factor in that people have had it longer than touted.

That also said - and I am NOT throwing rocks at doctors or doctors here but given what we're seeing and knowing I'm more likely to be killed by medical mistake than I am by a gunman with an AR15 - you are taking doctors and nurses, raising their stress, working killer hours and putting doctors into treating things outside their specialty - how many people are dying due to CV19 on paper but dying due to mistakes in the room?

Me

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My sister is an RN, this [bleep] is far more serious than we know!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I will also add - my employee's wife is an RN - they've cut her hours back because there's no great swamping of issues and we do have cases in the county.

Naturally he's worried about things financially.

Me

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Aviator

WHERE?
In a crowded urban area?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Aviator

More serious than the projected 2 million dead.....
Prove what you allege... or are you simply fear mongering?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
MontanaMan: I see 562 (five hundred and sixty two!) "New Yorkers" died from the Corona Virus just TODAY (April 3rd 2,020)!
Maybe the United States would be better off "quarantining completely" for a month than for death rates like this to abound across our nation for who knows how long?
In short I would rather pay a financial penalty than to have the county coroner come pick up my lifeless body!
And your depiction of the "Country being destroyed" is a bit over the top wouldn't you think?
It will be further harmed, to an extent, I am sure - but it will NOT be "destroyed"!
Come on cure.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: I am self editing my post I originally stated 592 people died in the last 24 hours in NYC - I mis-remembered, it was just 562 people!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Thing is a lot of the country could easily become like NY within little time if there was no physical distancing requirements.
Agreed. With an R Naught factor of 3.5 to 4, and this pathogen being as deadly as it is.

"WHO has estimated the R naught of COVID-19 to be around 1.95 and other estimates from researchers following the outbreak put it around 2.2, meaning about two people will catch the virus from every person who already has it."

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 280shooter
"WHO has estimated the R naught of COVID-19 to be around 1.95 and other estimates from researchers following the outbreak put it around 2.2, meaning about two people will catch the virus from every person who already has it."
Other estimates have shown it to be 3.8
https://pubs.rsna.org/pb-assets/Radiology/podcasts/transcripts/2020/nCOV.Special.Podcast.2.pdf
The lower the better. I want to see it go to less than 1.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 280shooter

I would imagine (but have no way of knowing) that the R naught in New York city could well be substantially higher than in most places. New York city has a population density of around 27,000 per square mile.

Also, not sure really how deadly this pathogen is. Clearly it is deadly to the old, especially those with medical problems. However, we need to keep in mind that the vast majority of old people who get it will recover. While it is certainly affecting some young people, the percentage drops way down as far as lethality. There is a reason why the "experts" are saying that there are likely many, many people who are, or have been, infected and experienced few or no symptoms.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 2500HD, 1234, 160user, 204guy, 60 invisible), 2,315 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,018
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.