Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
And a job on some network to be named later.

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have seen 0-5 and 0-6 people get fired before and it didn't take SecNav to do it.

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
My guess is he went through and followed all the required procedures and nothing was being done. Hell, it was just a week before that the military said that it wanted all release of Covid-19 stats in the military stopped.

Phil

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Greyghost
My guess is he went through and followed all the required procedures and nothing was being done. Hell, it was just a week before that the military said that it wanted all release of Covid-19 stats in the military stopped.

Phil

Didnt you also guess it would be a good idea to help Zero fundamentally change what he called the greatest country in the world?

You know what I think of you're guesser?

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/03/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
I guess the Captain screwed up.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
My guess is.....

Phil

That’s almost as funny as you typing “I think”.

Stick to sweet dog posts.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Well.....maybe he can get a job from Captain Lee on Below Deck.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Phil

No, that would be your DUMBASS guess, you know, like your "guess" about the Hospital Ships. If you actually had a CLUE about how the military works and the sanctity of preserving the chain of command, especially at that level, you wouldn't post such drivel. Then again, that's what you always do. The issue was on HOW he reported the problem and putting 20 "CCs" on correspondence electronically, means EVERYONE gets to see it including the person in the "To" line.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It was never the captain’s decision about what level of support , manning , or tasking. He was to adapt and carry out his assigned mission to the best of his ability. He may have disagreed 100% with what and how he was being ordered to proceed but that was between him and his chain of command.
It’s really a big deal to publicly announce that the aircraft carrier is having readiness issues. They are in the Pacific currently. That means they’re covering China. China now knows that air support isn’t coming from the carrier if they want to do something. Might mean nothing or they might take advantage of the situation. That’s air cap for freedom of navigation cruises in the South China Sea if we don’t want to involve Taiwan and the Philippines. We are critically short of operational carriers and we certainly don’t need to announce that one third of our ready deployed aircraft carriers is out of commission and heading for the dock. The fact we have only nine total carriers and only three are deployed at any time is a disgrace. Saying the Captain used poor judgment is being very kind.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
In place for 4 day's now and have allowed exactly 3 patients onboard as of last night. 15 as of an hour or so ago.

They've made the requirements and red tape so ridiculous they cause more problems than they are worth.

New York I guess has done a little better with the Comfort with having allowed 20 patients.

Heard they had the same problem in Puerto Rico also, must be the administration...

Phil

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I wonder what that captain would have thought if one of his petty officers would have stepped out of the chain of command..........for the good of the ship

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by LazyV
Doesn’t it strike anyone else as unlikely/odd that a guy who is doing well enough in the Navy to be in charge of carrier to detonate his career without an extreme situation unfolding? Maybe the guy freaked out, maybe he actually had the well-being of his crew at heart, sees the writing on the wall and was willing to blow up his career to avoid it, who TF on here knows?

Some guys on here have obviously spent time on a carrier and maybe can help me understand better, but isn’t this carrier dead in the water wether it’s in port or floating around with the crew mission ineffective because they’re all sick?

And to the potato acting like this generation of navy men isn’t as tough as previous because the older generations wouldn’t have been effected by this “cold”...it’s not a cold with cold like symptoms for many...and these guys are stuck in a floating box living in extremely close quarters, time from first getting it to most/all having it would be extremely condensed and could start with an extremely high viral load.

There is a lot that we cannot see and a lot that seems to point in a direction for people who've done time there.

Yes you do not need a lot of people sick to substantially affect readiness. Sick pilots can disable the damn carrier. The amount of money invested in MANY of the personnel, not just pilots, and the replacement times to get new bodies with the capabilities needed are huge factors.

It is inconceivable to me that this captain had any other options available. To believe that he had not exhausted every single option available require consideration that he could be in charge of that powerful a weapons system and untrustworthy.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
In place for 4 day's now and have allowed exactly 3 patients onboard as of last night. 15 as of an hour or so ago.

They've made the requirements and red tape so ridiculous they cause more problems than they are worth.

New York I guess has done a little better with the Comfort with having allowed 20 patients.

Heard they had the same problem in Puerto Rico also, must be the administration...

Phil

I read that it's navy red tape. All patients have to be taken to a shore hospital and be evaluated and then retransported to the the ship.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Navy's got problems.

Obammy made sure of it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by richardca99
It doesn't take a four-page letter to notify your chain-of-command that you have a problem. Four page letters are written for larger audiences. He knew exactly what he was doing, and he probably also knew this was coming.

His Boss, the Strike Group Commander, worked right down the hall Passageway That's where his options started and stopped.

Sorry, just HAD to fix that smile

He he he, was my first reaction as well, Jorge. I thought he was talking about Motel 6 there for a minute! grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
You dont send a letter to the newspaper to embarass any boss without knowing your job is toast. The guy is an idiot....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by Morewood
China read that letter and are licking their chops.

China's got enough problems of their own right now. Their death toll is many times higher than they're admitting.

Did you ever consider that China may welcome this "population shaping" move it's poor little virus caused? Maybe it's not the problem to them that it is to us? Remember, Communism starves it's own people to shape the future, it has several times throughout history...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by sollybug
You dont send a letter to the newspaper to embarass any boss without knowing your job is toast. The guy is an idiot....

I used to work for a guy that got put in a somewhat similar situation. I won't give details, but the incident grew out of what was perceived as an unfair exercise of clout. Normal practice at the end of a conflict is that troops get rotated home on a FIFO basis. At the end of Desert Storm, a lot of units that had just arrived in the theatre were told they were going home first. These were guard units that had governors pulling for them. My guy was in command of a unit that had been in the middle of $hit-show-- been over the Line of Death for months before the action started. His unit was left in the desert with no idea of when they were going home. He did not go to the media, but he did jump the chain of command, and managed to get his men a ticket home.

His boss simply said, "You do know you're out of the service, don't you?"

My guy had always thought he'd spend the rest of his life in the Army. He'd done a spectacular job in his role. However, politics were politics, and jumping the chain of command is always at least a ticket out of the service.

"You've got to remember," he said. "Your men expect you to do what's right for them, no matter what. I knew I was sacrificing my career, but I would have never been able to command them after that-- not with the same kind of loyalty. Remember that. If you're ever put in that situation, your men come first."

About 8 years later, I was put in that situation. The company my boss and I had worked for was bought out. They sent positively excremental individuals as new managers. I found myself reporting to the COO. One day, he called me into his office and told me I needed to fire one of my subordinates for cause. He didn't care which one, and he didn't care what excuse I used. He was leaving that up to me. At the time, I had two good men working for me. One had recently had twins that had birth defects. The other was a Filipino chap that was the most loyal and trustworthy man that I've ever had the honor to have under me. Neither one had done anything wrong. They just wanted to lay someone off and not get dinged for unemployment. I also knew that the COO favored me firing the Filipino, just because he sounded foreign. I told my boss that I was not going to make the choice. He replied it was them or me. I got up and left the office.

Six months later, I was fired for trumped-up reasons, and I was successfully able to get Unemployment after disputing the dismissal. My one guy landed on his feet and the other fellow, the Filipino, has stayed for over a decade. I had a cloud over me, because my previous employer would only verify dates of employment and nothing else. I was out of work for some time. As it turned out, one of the references I used to finally get a good job was my old boss that had been in the Army.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,892 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,341
Posts18,468,725
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.