C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Dre
With covid19 and people out of work.
What will happen with pricing of homes?
Another 2010 melt down?
I’m in middle of refi and maybe heloc to have $ on hand to buy another house.
What you guys think ?

Yes, another melt down. It's inevitable. Depends on your financial position. I would not borrow to buy. Pay cash. If you have to borrow, you are increasing your risk. What happens if equity tanks or bank calls your HELOC?

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CanadianLefty
Originally Posted by Dre
With covid19 and people out of work.
What will happen with pricing of homes?
Another 2010 melt down?
I’m in middle of refi and maybe heloc to have $ on hand to buy another house.
What you guys think ?

Yes, another melt down. It's inevitable. Depends on your financial position. I would not borrow to buy. Pay cash. If you have to borrow, you are increasing your risk. What happens if equity tanks or bank calls your HELOC?

Don't have a HELOC and so long as I keep paying (I have enough, right now for 1 year's worth of payments) I'd have to think my bank will bend over backwards to keep me from losing it.

They will for a lot of people.

The LAST thing banks will want right now is housing they need to sell.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
New mortgage applications down 25%

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The demand for interest bearing .gov backed and funded business loans will overwhelm the ability to process low interest residential apps.
My prediction.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by teal

Or property taxes they have to meet on those homes.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by teal

Don't have a HELOC and so long as I keep paying (I have enough, right now for 1 year's worth of payments) I'd have to think my bank will bend over backwards to keep me from losing it.

They will for a lot of people.

This

.... like tears in the rain
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Most people will worry about food and other necessary things first so the buyer pool will be reduced in uncertain times.

Income to a small degree effect prices. Basic RE value is affected by cost of building. The next factor is units available.

If people start being unable to meet payments it will increase the units for sale.

That is of course unless the political arena makes changes that allow borrowers to keep the home without making payments. I see that as a distinct possibility given the present

conditions. They will not want empty houses and homeless families.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Once this thing passes I think inflation is on the horizon. Not seeing a full blown depression. We were at record highs just 6 weeks ago. I think we will get back there but it will take some time and we now have a big bill to pay. I would go forward with your refinance.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
We are 3 weeks into a 30 day closure(selling) here...Hope it goes through...

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I don't see this being a big bump in the road.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't be draining my savings to meet mortgage payments right now.
I'd go talk to my bank sooner than later, keep your nest eggs....

See how flexible they are willing to be, try for a one year extension on your mortgage loan and open a 12 month window with no payments starting now.

Keeping taxes and insurances current should show you as making a reasonable effort..

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i personally am not doing anything financial until at least sept. i transferred all my retirement equity investments to a money market fund on feb 14th and am going to circle the wagons until i see how this crap works out. i'm 58 and ain't taking any chances. as BTO said, we ain't seen nothing yet.

My diploma is a DD214
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
What do you think the states are going to do when they find their income tax collections dropping like a rock? Oh yeah. Property taxes.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
New mortgage applications down 25%

So is everything else.

Dre Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks everyone
I have enough in savings and mattress money to survive for 2 years. All my major stuff is paid off, just the house that I have or had 200k equity.
I’m going for refi first 15 year below 3% is the goal.
The heloc might not happen as banks are tightening up.
But if I can have that equity to pull out to buy another house l, I want to be ready

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What do you suppose is going to happen to Zillow and other realtors who carry inventory?

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WTM45
Good deals on houses and land mean nothing if you have to pay $1K or more a month in taxes.

I would be moving somewhere else, first thing in the morning. eek

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by centershot
Once this thing passes I think inflation is on the horizon. Not seeing a full blown depression. We were at record highs just 6 weeks ago. I think we will get back there but it will take some time and we now have a big bill to pay. I would go forward with your refinance.

I agree w this. With inflation which is inevitable I think today’s home prices will look cheap in a few years. They will look ridiculously cheap in a decade.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem141r
i personally am not doing anything financial until at least sept. i transferred all my retirement equity investments to a money market fund on feb 14th and am going to circle the wagons until i see how this crap works out. i'm 58 and ain't taking any chances. as BTO said, we ain't seen nothing yet.

I’m with you, it’s looks like it’s going to grind into a real recession. So the bottom might be a year or more out. I’m happy on the sidelines for a while.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 163bc
Originally Posted by centershot

I agree w this. With inflation which is inevitable I think today’s home prices will look cheap in a few years. They will look ridiculously cheap in a decade.

I used to think this bailout would cause massive inflation, I no longer do. The worlds economy is crashing, The USD with be the cleanest dirty shirt in the hamper, therefore dollars will be in high demand throughout the world... I.E. no hyper inflation

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

277 members (160user, 2500HD, 163bc, 12344mag, 2UP, 28 invisible), 1,896 guests, and 1,025 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,304
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.