Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
There's been a few different threads about investing lately and I've enjoyed some of the knowledge and opinions shared on investing. I'd like to know what stocks you guys are watching and st what price would you buy them. I'm watching several already but I'm always interested in other perspectives. I'll list a few below.

Boeing BA my broker talked me out of buying it at about $90 a week or two ago because of their problems and debt load. Long term I think they are still a buy and wish I would have bought at 90. If anyone's too big to fail it seems like they are. If it gets a bit closer to $100 I'll buy.

Twist bioscience TWST they make synthetic models of dna and RNA strands to be used in research for making vaccines and other things. I saw them on TV the other day saying how busy they are. I'm watching them for a down day to buy with maybe more of a short term play.

Coca Cola KA They survived two world wars and the great depression. If the price dips close to the 52 week low I'll buy some to hold long term.

Tractor Supply Stores TSCO if they get close to 70 again I'll buy. Solid store and people still need to farm. Not much of a dividend though.

Shell RDSb I already bought and sold some of this and did well. I went for oil energy first because i thought that was where the best buys were a few weeks ago because of the double whammy virus and price war. It's up a bunch from a few weeks ago but if the Russians and Saudis don't make a deal soon it may drop again and I'll buy if it hits 25 or under again.

Bb

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too chicken to buy individual stocks, but I did pick up some FSPHX (Fidelity Select Health Care Portfolio) and am watching/waiting to step in on FLCEX (Fidelity Large Cap - S&P 500 type) or FZROX (a Total Market fund). These don't have the potential for big gainers like individual stocks but they also tend to take the edge off of a drop.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
VFIAX

O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Awesome idea for a post! I'll take a look at TWST. I bought a handful of shares of ALLY yesterday. My 401k guy told me "dont touch your face or portfolio unless your adding food or stocks".

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
XOM. Exxon Mobile is a stock that will return to form as Russia and Saudi Arabia quit playing "lets try to kill each other".

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you listen to MSM, this stock portfolio may interest you.

https://frugalfortunes.com/funeral-home-stocks-death-care-trends/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
XOM. Exxon Mobile is a stock that will return to form as Russia and Saudi Arabia quit playing "lets try to kill each other".

I dont touch any specific oil stock unless is shares in Brent oil funds. Oilfield production companies are just too freaking volatile. I dont have the stomach for it. There are safe bets in tech that are more my speed.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Short list of tech and consumer cyclical stock, I'll add some financials and energy to the list after things shake out a bit. I think we will go down a bit from here, maybe a few more months but I'm building my watch lists.

CSCO
INTC
AMD
HPE
NKE
AAPL
UPS
DIS

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
O
OAM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Short list of tech and consumer cyclical stock, I'll add some financials and energy to the list after things shake out a bit. I think we will go down a bit from here, maybe a few more months but I'm building my watch lists.

CSCO
INTC
AMD
HPE
NKE
AAPL
UPS
DIS

I like HPE too.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm still bullish on FCX

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

BA
MRK
OXY
AXDX
COG
AM
ALK
LUV
COG
BA
NUGT
opgn

Adjusting and following others

Last edited by ribka; 04/03/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great thread 👍🏻

I’m mainly watching some blue chip dividend paying stocks, many of which have already been mentioned.

Hoping it provides a boost fo our kids down the road, at this juncture it’s difficult to see where mom & I will need to touch our investment accounts 🤷🏻‍♂️

But you never know............opening up your own tiger zoo ain’t cheap

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Adding a few gold stocks
FNV is a buy up to $115
AEM up to $54
and SA up to $12
You should add some bitcoin
and
EDIT Edit is the cure for a form of blindness and it will be coming out public soon. It is selling cheep right now. I just added to this for the 3rd time....
\and some crisper

Last edited by Ray63; 04/03/20.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Drone instrumentation and thermal cameras..
Microprocessors
Basic materials (soup cans and wood pulp)

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
3M

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Any thoughts on ServiceMaster or the like being called in to sanitize before lots of places open back up?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by centershot
Too chicken to buy individual stocks, but I did pick up some FSPHX (Fidelity Select Health Care Portfolio) and am watching/waiting to step in on FLCEX (Fidelity Large Cap - S&P 500 type) or FZROX (a Total Market fund). These don't have the potential for big gainers like individual stocks but they also tend to take the edge off of a drop.

You should do well with FSPHX I did.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Investors Business Daily has these as their "Long Term Leaders," stocks that have performed well over the last three - five years.

ADBE - Adobe Inc
AMED - Amedisys Inc
BABA - Alibaba Group Hldg Ads
CPRT - Copart Inc
DG - Dollar General Corp
DPZ - Dominos Pizza Inc
EPAM - Epam Systems Inc
FISV - Fiserv Inc
MA - Mastercard Inc Cl A
MASI - Masimo Corp
MSCI - M S C I Inc
MSFT - Microsoft Corp
NOW - Servicenow Inc
TMO - Thermo Fisher

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by horse1
Any thoughts on ServiceMaster or the like being called in to sanitize before lots of places open back up?

Excellent foresight right there....

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I decided to get a little reckless. I bought UPS, GUSH (2X levered oil etf), USO (oil), SGOL (Swiss gold), Alaska Air. The only one that worries me a little is Alaska Air but they mostly operate in the U.S.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (1badf350, 1936M71, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 74 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,687
Posts18,456,452
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.